Anne Hathaway In Givenchy – Christopher Nolan Hand & Footprint Ceremony

Officially showcasing her cropped hairdo for the first time on the red carpet, Anne Hathaway looked stunning whilst supporting Christopher Nolan at his Hand and Footprint Ceremony on Saturday in Hollywood, California.

Wearing a Givenchy Spring 2012 black sleeveless peplum halter dress with cascading ruffles was the perfect choice to not upstage the man of the hour.

Her stylish dress was coordinated with black Tory Burch ‘Rosemary’ open toe sandals (surprisingly not the popular Givenchy sandals) and minimal jewelry.

Light makeup for a fresh-faced look completed the look.

I guess this will kick-start the promo tour for ‘The Dark Knight Rises’, which hits theatres on July 20.

I hope she wears some McQueen and Valentino.

Which designers do you wish to see Anne wearing during her promo tour?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Anne Hathaway In Whit - BBC Radio One

Anne Hathaway In Whit – BBC Radio One

Bianca Balti In Fendi - 'Bianca Balti: Scenes From A Fashion Fairy Tale' Exhibition

Bianca Balti In Fendi – ‘Bianca Balti: Scenes From A Fashion Fairy Tale’ Exhibition

22 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Givenchy – Christopher Nolan Hand & Footprint Ceremony

1. Alina July 9, 2012 at 13:13 #

Armani Prive – esp. this dress : http://www.style.com/slideshows/2012/fashionshows/F2012CTR/APRIVE/RUNWAY/00500m.jpg .

• Mary Gatto July 9, 2012 at 13:41 #

Loved the Armani, Alina! And how about Gucci and Andrew GN? It has to be FIERCE, ‘cos she’s catwoman. I hope she doesn’t let us down. I want to see drama! :)

• Alina July 9, 2012 at 14:10 #

Thanks!

“And how about Gucci and Andrew GN?”

Why not? I want her to win the “Best Promo Tour” this year. She has potential!

• Mary Gatto July 10, 2012 at 15:37 #

Oh, and Zac Posen, for sure!!
          I’m also on her side to win “Best Promo”. I hope she doesn’t let us down.

2. Nelle July 9, 2012 at 13:43 #

As far as I can remember, Rooney Mara worn a white version of that too. I think that was in Japan, while promoting ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”. :)

3. dee July 9, 2012 at 13:49 #

I wish she had worn the white version.

4. bee7 July 9, 2012 at 14:03 #

she is a vision!

5. Christine July 9, 2012 at 14:37 #

I can see her wearing a mixture of Valentino, Armani, and Gucci. I hope she surprises us.

6. EmmaWoodhouse July 9, 2012 at 14:41 #

She looks super chic, and she is styling the hair well. I would love to see her in Armani; also, a little Elie Saab magic couldn’t hurt. :)

• admmgz July 9, 2012 at 17:23 #

7. Rose July 9, 2012 at 14:44 #

Armani actually have a deal to dress some of the members of the Batman team for the duration of the promo tour.

8. dunzoo July 9, 2012 at 15:24 #

much prefer the runway version,the dress looks very boring on her it has lost its edgyness

9. Nat39 July 9, 2012 at 16:43 #

Rooney Mara wore the white version so much better with her slickered-back hair and her choice of sandals. Anne makes it look kinda drab. I guess the hair is for the movie but a more flattering makeup would´ve helped, and those black Gyvenchy sandals or a pair of sexy Gucci ankle-strap heels would´ve also helped.

• Eline July 9, 2012 at 18:35 #

Totally agree with you, Rooney Mara wore it much better. Maybe I am one of the few people that never get the charm of Anne Hathaway.

10. Rebecca Z July 9, 2012 at 17:41 #

She is rocking her short hair. Love her hair long, but she can do this too. Find the dress a tad boring, but it was not her day to shine, so it is ok.

11. Lara July 9, 2012 at 18:38 #

I may be in the minority but I most hate her short hair. The hair on her subtracts from the overall impact of most of her looks. Somehow this Givenchy isn’t catching me the way it did on Rooney in white.

• Molly July 9, 2012 at 21:01 #

I dont like her short hair either. I think she needs to figure out a way to style it, because the “I just got out of bed” look isnt doing anything for her. I love the dress but she needs a pop of color in her shoes or a bracelet.

12. Yeliz July 9, 2012 at 21:38 #

It’s a no from me. Even though she was there to support Christopher Nolan, she still could have worn something more interesting. I do hope though, that she will give us winning looks during this promo tour.

13. Lola July 9, 2012 at 23:20 #

Audrey Hepburn much?

14. laura July 10, 2012 at 00:38 #

The white is so much better than the black version of this dress. It loses all the detail in noir

15. pipsqueak July 10, 2012 at 01:56 #

I’d like to see her in more McQueen and French labels for her promo tour. No Valentino, please. It’s for girls or women who promote movies such as Bride Wars and Princess Diary.

16. ash July 10, 2012 at 11:22 #

she should wear more Valentino I think.tbh I’m not a fan of her short hair,it makes her head big,and shoulder so thin.and her face is not so feminine looking so the short hair really,really,really makes her look like a man.