18.06.12

Britney Spears In Lorena Sarbu – The X Factor Oakland Auditions

Still looking very uncomfortable, Britney Spears attended the ‘X Factor’ auditions held at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California, on Saturday.

The singer wore a Lorena Sarbu mini dress.

Her gold-beaded long-sleeve mini dress with scalloped hem was styled with Giuseppe Zanotti metallic peep-toe pumps.

This season the ‘X Factor‘ Style Team is lead by stylist June Ambrose which I am very excited about. She is the woman to help ease Britney out of her Herve Leger fixation.

Ken Paves (hair) and Kristofer Buckle (makeup) are also part of the glam squad.

Credit: Getty

Maria Sharapova In Amanda Wakeley Atelier - 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Maria Sharapova In Amanda Wakeley Atelier – 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Net-A-Porter International Sale NOW ON

Net-A-Porter International Sale NOW ON

40 Responses to Britney Spears In Lorena Sarbu – The X Factor Oakland Auditions

1. emily June 18, 2012 at 12:04 #

I don’t think is very flattering, it’s a bit shapeless on her, at least her hair is less straggly

• Yeliz June 18, 2012 at 12:32 #

2. Lauren June 18, 2012 at 12:15 #

Another good look for Britney! June seems to be doing a good job at dressing her so far… hope it continues! I just wish that she was more comfortable, you can tell she doesn’t really want to be there.

3. Molly June 18, 2012 at 12:45 #

Hair is dramatically better than ith been in ages. Now that the straggly ends are gone, maybe they can attend to her roots. This is not the best dress for her short-waisted body type, but it is a step in the right direction as at least it isn’t trashy. I am encouraged and hopeful….

4. robbie June 18, 2012 at 12:50 #

well she looks better than that hideous pink dress fiasco. hair looks like a cheap wig though.

5. Jeremy June 18, 2012 at 12:59 #

The fact that Britney is now on TV means we will have to see a lot of bad styling moments like this for at least a year (I doubt she will go on next season). Oh, when will she care?

6. vicky June 18, 2012 at 13:12 #

I still can’t see any improvement.
    Short/tight dress – Check
    Wrong shoes – Check
    Bad hair – Check
    Fake happy smile – Check

• Julie June 28, 2012 at 19:37 #

That dress is ANYTHING but tight. Looks pretty loose to me

7. Flo June 18, 2012 at 13:18 #

FC, are the glam squad you mentioned the glam squad of Britney? Or the contestants?

• Fashion Critic June 18, 2012 at 13:34 #

Britney and Demi. I didn’t mention the contestants

• Flo June 19, 2012 at 05:43 #

So Britney and Demi are going to SHARE a glam squad? That’s unusual, usually big A listers like that have their own special glam squad, like Dannii and Cheryl in the UK.

• Fashion Critic June 19, 2012 at 10:18 #

thats what I read

8. Kaz June 18, 2012 at 13:25 #

Terribly shapeless – makes her look huge (which we know she’s not). Also, her roots desperately need a touch up. On the plus side, the colour of the dress is nice for her and I also like the smokier eye. Close, Britney – so close!

9. Alina June 18, 2012 at 13:34 #

1. The dress is shapeless and unflattering on her.
    2. The makeup ages her.
    3. The hair is better, but still bad. She should try a darker colour.

• dee June 18, 2012 at 14:18 #

• snowlion June 18, 2012 at 22:39 #

+2. She is too busty for this sack dress, hair awful, eye make-up bad.

• barbogarbo June 19, 2012 at 08:24 #

+1, I especially hate the make-up

10. Jess2 June 18, 2012 at 13:37 #

I really don’t like her makeup on this occasion. The dress is nice enough but is a bit unflattering, perhaps a belt would have helped. It is however, better that the pink dress she wore a few weeks ago and probably better than a Herve Leger dress. Looking forward to hopefully seeing a style transformation

11. gabis June 18, 2012 at 13:40 #

I hate everything about this look. The shapeless dress, the platform peep toe but most specially her hair. It looks like lamen and the color is awful.

12. Caro June 18, 2012 at 13:41 #

Sorry but this is still a mess. The roots are hideous, her makeup is ageing and ugly (for lack of a better word) and the dress (though thank god not a bandage one) is unflattering. The glam-squad has still a long way to gol

• Grace Patricia June 18, 2012 at 22:53 #

Tacky. Everything looks very cheap, even this lip color. About her eyes, it’s one of the ugliest smokey I’ve ever seen.

13. bm June 18, 2012 at 13:50 #

Her Alaia dress last week is the one to beat. And today’s look is far behind from it. But we still have tomorrow.

14. Hauteness June 18, 2012 at 13:53 #

I find the only nice thing about this entire look is her hair. (and its really not that great either) The dress is unflattering, and the dark makeup just makes her look old and tired. I would love to see Britney looking bright, refreshed, and youthful again. June does a great job styling men, but when it comes to her female clients, most often she chooses labels and trends over fit.

15. Hauteness June 18, 2012 at 14:00 #

This look is soo disappointing. The dress is unflattering, and the dark makeup
    just makes her look old and tired. I would love to see Britney looking bright, refreshed, and youthful again. I know its possible. June does a great job styling men, but when it comes to her female clients, most often she chooses labels and trends over fit and flattery.

16. Christine June 18, 2012 at 14:01 #

Let’s see is June can cure her itch of Herve Leger dresses. So far, this is an improvement.

But this dress is not flattering.

17. Rebecca Z June 18, 2012 at 14:42 #

I feel really sorry for this young woman. She has been a money machine for her family for years and is clearly uncomfortable. Her makeup is way too heavy, the dress is not flattering. She looks like she is just gritting her teeth to get through it.

18. Te June 18, 2012 at 14:55 #

a little better than before, but a step back from last week..

19. Rachel W. June 18, 2012 at 15:10 #

She needs a pushup bra and Demi’s makeup artist to fill in her brows.

• amparo June 18, 2012 at 20:32 #

20. mm June 18, 2012 at 15:15 #

Excited to see what june comes up with also.

BUT the hair is dated and this is rather boring more of the same. can we get a new pose?

21. Minka June 18, 2012 at 17:20 #

Different dress doesn’t mean that this is a good look. Dress doesn’t flatter her at all. And she really needs a bra.

22. Melrose June 18, 2012 at 17:33 #

Her eyes are so sad & dead.

It’s obvious she wants to retire & just be w/ her kids, but her greedy team forces her to do this “work” she doesn’t want to.

23. Karen June 18, 2012 at 22:02 #

ohhh Britney. She looks so aged. How did this happen so fast. Makes me sad.

24. pipsqueak June 19, 2012 at 02:11 #

This is a nice dress. But Britney … the eyes are like Kung Fu panda and the hair is Ramen noodles. She’s so unfortunate-looking these days that she could be in a Mike Leigh movie except that actors in Leigh’s movies are actually talented and they’re there to create characters rather than being celebrities. What’s next, Britney? Competing on Dancing with the Stars?

25. Ranna June 19, 2012 at 02:59 #

Britney looks terrible like death! she looks so old bad hair and makeup so sad she looks so old now and her makeup is so heavy and cakes, Is this really the same Britney we saw in the Criminal video? where she looked so young and stunning… This is such bad styling her dress is gross too how can they do this to her.

26. mimi June 19, 2012 at 07:46 #

Her hair looks like the cup of two minute noodles I just ate. I think a darker hair colour and more natural waves would look so much better on her. The make up is garish, though I quite like the dress. She just needs a better bra. And I think she’d look younger without the orange spray tan.

27. Annel June 19, 2012 at 12:11 #

My european lack of understanding for the American Hollywood plastic-fantastic-look makes me think that this look appeals very little to me. She needs to at least grow her natural hair back out and do a more subtle colour change and take a break on the teeth-bleaching and the panda-make-up. With those factors adjusted I actually don’t think the dress and shoes are that bad.

28. Mika June 19, 2012 at 14:02 #

poor Britney,looks awfull,like 50 yrs old !

29. doc June 19, 2012 at 16:21 #

She looks incredibly uncomfortable. Looks like she is wearing a pillow sack with glitter and arm holes.

30. chris June 19, 2012 at 17:00 #

it’s better than other times, but considering how bad it’s been this is still not good enough to get a pass (in my opinion) i don’t know if it’s the pose or the dress but it’s incredibly unflattering on the bust…baby steps…