13.06.12

2012 Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards

The 2012 Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards took place at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in California yesterday evening.

Cobie Smulders: As one of my favourite breakout stars of 2012, I was happy to see Cobie back on the red carpet for this event. The actress wore a beautiful blush Max Mara dress with ruffle shoulders and a contrast waistband. The look was perfected with a champagne cut-crystal minaudiere, Swarovski jewels, pink glossy lips, Jimmy Choo ‘Trina’ sandals and a quiffed updo.

Viola Davis: Despite looking at least 20 years younger sporting her natural hair towards the end of awards season, Viola showcased a different do at this event. She wore a black strapless Max Mara dress with a satin side-bow detail. I wish she’d opted for something more summery like Cobie. A rich red lip colour, a studded clutch and black strappy Jimmy Choo ‘New Ontario’ sandals completed the look.

Christina Applegate: We had a shot of colour at this event courtesy of Christina. She stood out wearing a hot red Max Mara sleeveless dress with peplum detail. I wish her accessories, which included a Daniel Swarovski black iridescent snakeskin Fresh clutch with silver crystal stripe and black peep-toes, were as enticing as her dress. A braided updo and a red lip colour to match her dress provided the finishing touches.

Meryl Streep: The Oscar winner was the one person I expected to see wearing head-to-toe black at this event. Instead she selected a nude Max Mara ‘Elegante’ long-sleeve dress with a black grograin waistband. She styled her look with a black clutch and Max Mara ‘Fatima’ two tone peep-toes.

Stana Katic: The actress wore a Lisa Ho black long-sleeve crepe dress with pocket detail which she styled with a Kzeniya black holographic leather ‘Wild’ envelope clutch, Stella McCartney bi-colour faux leather ankle-strap pumps and coral drop earrings. I love everything accept the extreme updo.

Julie Benz: The actress opted David Meister bronze metallic knit asymmetrical cocktail dress with beaded neckline. Minus her nail polish, everything else (Kotor clutch and Giuseppe Zanotti peep-toes) matches.

Credit: Getty

Teresa Palmer's Joe's Jeans Suede Shorts

Teresa Palmer’s Joe’s Jeans Suede Shorts

Fan Bingbing In Salvatore Ferragamo – Salvatore Ferragamo Resort 2013 Presentation

19 Responses to 2012 Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards

1. noo June 13, 2012 at 12:38 #

viola is knocking it out of the park for me :D it is black but definitely not boring!

2. Rose June 13, 2012 at 12:40 #

Pleasee update all of what Meryl was wearing ! xx

3. Yeliz June 13, 2012 at 12:44 #

Cobie Smulders is my favourite. She looks flawless.
    I also like Christina Applegate’s dress and Julie Benz’s look sans the nail polish.

• Jones19 June 13, 2012 at 14:24 #

+1. Agree on everything. Cobie always shines on the red carpet. It’s funny how her character Robin on How I met your mother is really casual so this contrast is nice.

4. CreoleLady June 13, 2012 at 12:57 #

Although I am a little worried about containment, that dress is fab on Viola. I LOVE her natural hair but her new ‘do here is the next best thing, very flattering and much better than that bowl cut she wore during her Oscar run.

5. Alina June 13, 2012 at 13:06 #

I love the first three looks – simple and chic!

6. dee June 13, 2012 at 13:50 #

I think Viola looks hot.

7. sarah June 13, 2012 at 13:58 #

I loooove Viola’s new wig. Suits her muuuch better than that unflattering wig she sported during the awards season.
    Too much boobage for my liking though.

8. bm June 13, 2012 at 14:15 #

There’s no competition for best dressed from this bunch. Cobie just look perfect here. But I would make Julie Benz look as a winner if not for that nail polish.

9. justme June 13, 2012 at 14:15 #

I like what Cobie and Viola are wearing.

10. Christine June 13, 2012 at 14:35 #

Viola and Meryl looks great. My favorites are Stana and Julie.

11. robbie June 13, 2012 at 16:02 #

this is a whole lot of blah coming from meryl and stana. cobie looks nice, viola definerely needs it pulled up more to cover the twins, christina gorgeous dress ugly shoes, julie looks good but too matchy matchy her shoes are casedia(?)

12. Shaina June 13, 2012 at 16:07 #

Viola looks great, sexy but not trashy. I do think the hair ages her a bit but I think it’s the makeup that age her the most.

13. Sharon June 13, 2012 at 18:19 #

Christina’s definitely my favorite, but I agree with you FC about the accessories. Too bad.

14. Shelby June 13, 2012 at 18:33 #

Stana Katic needs someone to tell her that she needs her hair to reflect her age, whereas Meryl Streep’s hair needs to reflect her status. Come on ladies!

15. Nat39 June 13, 2012 at 20:45 #

Cobbie. Viola should’ve taken care of that boobage.
    Christina makes her hot red dress look mumsy with her uninspiring accessories.

• Sea June 13, 2012 at 23:40 #

The bust area is off but otherwise it’s a great look. Love her hair (style+color)

16. Monique Gabrielle June 14, 2012 at 03:17 #

Why is Viola wearing all this black madness? I love the style she is going for, however the color that she chose is such a poor choice. It is just not doing it for me. The color is hiding her beauty instead of illuminating it. However, I love the sleek style of the dress that Stana Katic is wearing. The split is super sexy and is an attention grabber. The shoes are a perfect match. As far as the other dresses, I’m not going to waste my time.

17. EmmaWoodhouse June 15, 2012 at 19:46 #

Cobie: amazing. Co-best dressed.
    Viola: no. I love her, but this is tacky. I wish she had stayed with her natural hair, too.
    Christina: too mumsy.
    Meryl: better than usual, and very Meryl.
    Stacy: ok, don’t really like the dress. Cool clutch.
    Julie: so pretty! Co-best dressed :)