Alexa Chung In Christopher Kane – Scottish Fashion Awards 2012

Alexa Chung was the host of the Scottish Fashion Awards 2012 held at the Clyde Auditorium in Glasgow, Scotland, yesterday evening.

One of the night’s biggest winners was Christopher Kane, who was named Scottish Fashion Designer of the Year 2012, beating off competition from two-times winner Jonathan Saunders.

Either Alexa knew the winner beforehand, or she decided to wear this Christopher Kane Spring 2012 dress to show her ongoing support for her designer pal.

She wore an exquisite brown and silver metallic brocade dress which she paired with a crisp white shirt with an embellished collar and cuffs.

Alexa’s dress features a flat waist peplum detail

Those of you familiar with Alexa’s style will know that this dress/shirt mix is something she often does as she likes a boyish twist to her looks.

Tassel-accented suede Gucci ‘Mischa’ loafer pumps completed her look.

I feel like I’m really starting to warm to Alexa’s red-carpet style.

You can buy Alexa’s Christopher Kane dress in Matches Fashion’s summer sale
and her Gucci pumps are available from Nordstrom.com and Saks.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Tony Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Tony Awards?

Jessica Alba In Tory Burch - 2012 Plush Event

Jessica Alba In Tory Burch – 2012 Plush Event

30 Responses to Alexa Chung In Christopher Kane – Scottish Fashion Awards 2012

1. Zoe June 12, 2012 at 10:43 #

blah….
    She ruins the dress with these ugly shoes.
    I would skip the shirt, but still not my major problem, but the shoes (and the hair) is.

2. Fer June 12, 2012 at 10:45 #

I hate her so much. I feel like she’s a little girl playing dressup with mommy’s huge closet. Ruinning gorgeous clothes with the most awful styling. I just hate her, and that arrongant air i always get from her is just, just, just AAA i hate her!. Bye. JAJA

3. Michelle June 12, 2012 at 10:46 #

Really wish she went sans shirt

4. TL June 12, 2012 at 10:59 #

Gosh I really wish she didn’t wear that white shirt!

I am trying to get used to the suede heels (and not to be picky about it) , but the fact that adding a shirt under a dress is a huge NO! ! !
    It looks like she is wearing an flower print apron outside of a shirt.

• vicky June 12, 2012 at 13:19 #

I never have and probably never will understand how she can be considered a fashion “icon”, receiving fashion award after fashion award!
      I’m baffled by this.

• Umi June 12, 2012 at 18:34 #

@TL: love the apron comparison!
      i really want to like alexa chung’s looks, but i can’t.

• Sea June 13, 2012 at 02:04 #

In the country where I grew up I’ve seen girls and women who clearly don’t know fashion wear such an outfit, and here we have a so-called “fashion icon” doing the same… I don’t know if she’ll be in these outfits (including peter pan collar) when she’s in her 40s/50s…

5. robbie June 12, 2012 at 11:32 #

as soon as i saw alexa chung in christopher kane i was just waiting to hate it, but its actually really nice not to mention her hair looks clean.

6. Lee Ann June 12, 2012 at 11:36 #

Not loving the white oxford shirt under dress combo-she also did this with her Marc dress at the Met Ball. She’s young . She has no bingo wings. Why???

7. Lola June 12, 2012 at 12:18 #

I think she is wearing the shirt because she is so incredibly skinny she would look horrible without it. Both thes shoes and the shirt is a “cooling” stunt she often resorts to. Not a good look.

8. Yeliz June 12, 2012 at 12:47 #

No to the white shirt and no to the heels. I can live with the hair though, because I don’t think that she will do anything different with it anytime soon.

9. mikayla June 12, 2012 at 12:48 #

i am biast, because i personally like alexa’s style and how it’s not conventional. I know people think she ‘tries too hard’ to be different and everything else, but she is always consistent with what she wears. I think you either like it or don’t, there’s no real in between.

10. Hannah June 12, 2012 at 12:57 #

The shirt ruins the dress, as does the hair, there is somethign really primary school teacher and really dated about it all.
    Her shoes are Gucci from the fall collection. http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/298163C20002816#

• Fashion Critic June 12, 2012 at 13:29 #

thanks hannah

11. Dolly June 12, 2012 at 13:22 #

Boring and there is not way I would consider this a red carpet appropriate look. The dress code for the night was “Glamorous” and I dont see any glamour here….

12. Christine June 12, 2012 at 14:00 #

Hate the shoes with this getup. The whole look is a bit dry.

13. Odette June 12, 2012 at 14:16 #

FC how does it feel liking Alexa Chung’s choices again? I feel the same way. I feel odd. I almost want to tap my wrist like ‘seriously, you like an Alexa Chung look?’

But she has cleaned up lately in the hair and makeup department and chosen luxe accessories that make her look more spiffy.

14. Mandy June 12, 2012 at 14:39 #

She really want us to hate her with that unnecessary white shirt !

15. carolina June 12, 2012 at 14:59 #

No way.

16. e June 12, 2012 at 15:48 #

As much as I love Alexa’s style, the shirt needs to go.

17. Alina June 12, 2012 at 17:05 #

She ruined the dress.

18. Shaina June 12, 2012 at 17:38 #

I surprised myself by really loving this look. For Alexa, the shirt is the perfect touch. I’m not even bothered by the shoes!

19. Marybeth June 12, 2012 at 18:43 #

If (heaven help us!) she MUST wear a shirt under these dresses, why not go for a simple, form-fitting knit?

As for the shoes, well, what’s she going to do? To match the dress, she might go for dressy sandals. To match the shirt, she might try knee socks and oxfords. Perhaps the shoes are a compromise!

20. bm June 12, 2012 at 19:19 #

One thing for sure, I never wear a delicate piece like this with a white t-shirt underneath it.
    But, I kinda like the shoes.

21. Melanie June 12, 2012 at 20:02 #

I’m usually a fan, but this feels like something I would have worn in middle school and be embarrassed about afterwards. Granted it is intended (I think) to be a 90s throwback, but this is too literal an interpretation for me.

Do like the shoes, not with this outfit

22. Halla June 12, 2012 at 20:19 #

I just don’t like her style

23. EmmaWoodhouse June 12, 2012 at 21:27 #

I like the shoes, but the shirt under the dress trend…not at all. Her hair is not working either, though it is a tad better than usual.

24. Dhppy June 13, 2012 at 00:36 #

I love the shoes, but I don’t think they belong on this or any red carpet. They’re the stuff of day to day life.

25. Saara June 13, 2012 at 08:54 #

She is/looks just too skinny. The rest of it doesn’t work either.

26. Jess2 June 13, 2012 at 10:51 #

I love the dress, especially on its own but I don’t mind the shirt at all. However, I don’t think I will EVER warm to Alexa’s taste in shoes. I cannot stand any form of loafers. Fortunately, it looks like she has run a comb through her hair at some stage, not perfect but it’s not terrible either. She has a beautiful face :)