Nina Dobrev In Elie Saab – amfAR’s Cinema Against Aids Gala 2012

Just as I was about to cry myself to sleep at the lack of Elie Saab on the amfAR’s Cinema Against Aids Gala red carpet this evening, then up pops Nina Dobrev.

The young actress, who continues to earn her stripes on the red carpet, wore a vibrant electric-blue dress from the Elie Saab Spring 2012 collection.

Her off-shoulder fully sequin gown with a sexy side split was teamed with Bulgari jewels, silver Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ sandals and a high bun.

With the bold colour, head-to-toe sequin’s and complementary accessories, Nina is really spoiling me with this look.

She more than held her own on this red carpet.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

57 thoughts on “Nina Dobrev In Elie Saab – amfAR’s Cinema Against Aids Gala 2012

1. Matt R

Ever since her Donna Karan moment at the Emmys, Nina has been on fire. She looks beautiful here and I agree w/ you FC that everything works perfectly. She is one of my favorites on the night, along w/ Diane and Doutzen

2. Nat39

Big fan of electric blue, beautiful gown but the fit seems a bit off – a bit wide for her in the shoulder area and seems to be slipping off her shoulders, prefer it a bit higher on the model. Wish she´d kept the runway´s delicate belt to define her waist better. Not loving the ballerina-esque bun, seems a bit too plain, would´ve preferred an elegant lower bun.

1. Ramsay

Also agree on all of the above – the dress looks way better on Karlie and her fierce attitude

1. Teleholic

I don’t think it’s a tailoring issue. I got the impression she wore it that way on purpose, lower than the model, to soften the look. I think it worked, magnificently. This is how you make a gown your own. So proud of her for finding her mojo.

2. Nat

+ 1
      She looks great (it’s an Elie Saab gown after all!) but I prefer the gown on Karlie, too, with the higher neck/shoulder line and with the belt.

3. Icee

Totally agree. Karlie looks much better in this gown and I really hate that she made it so off-shoulder…

3. Zineb

I was betting on Donna Karen when I found out that she is coming to Cannes. Uh Uh it’s Elie Saab, not that I’m complaining :D Glad I was wrong !
    Stunning !

4. ahot

Stunning! One of my fav Elie Saab ever as it´s not a signature design, so very refreshing!

5. Max

AMAZING!!! Absolutely love this head to toe, the colour is stunning against her skintone too…sigh…

6. JG

Not taking anything away from Nina, but, as usual, I am completely fixated on Karlie Kloss!!!

7. Hannah

Even though I still think that she looks too old for her age when she does gowns, it’s so completely effortless & relaxed. She actually outdoes Karlei for me, by a long way.

8. Riley

Thank god to her new stylist *gets on knees and prays her thanks*

There has been so much perfection at this event.

Maybe Cannes isn’t going to be mild after all.

9. Hisadora

First that this is my absolute favorite dress com Elie’s Spring 2012 collection, second that she looks beyond amazing!!!!! I’m dying over this one…

10. EmmaWoodhouse

I’m rather disappointed…first, that one of my absolute FAVORITE dresses from this collection had a thigh-high slit–tacky–and second, by Nina’s presentation of the neckline. On the model, it sat much better on the shoulders.
    However, I do love her styling and the mesmerizing blue color. That is a win :)

11. moja31

she looks great, but it feels slightly too mature for her. she’s young, wish she’d have more fun.

12. Jill

oh. my. god. what happened since the last time I visited this website? I open it, and here they are – first, rose in her pink perfection, and now Nina? stunning, mesmerizing, classy don’t even begin to describe this look.

13. Emi

I’m a sucker for sequined long sleeved dresses and I love this color, so this is one of my favorite look of the night. But, sorry, she’s on the most red carpets, now… why? I mean, what happened to her career?

1. Jones19

She’s on a very successful TV show, The Vampire Diaries is the highest rated show week after week on the CW :)

14. Moody Crab

This is such a palate cleanser after all the uninspiring looking at the amfars gala, well, apart from Diane Kruger who never fails to look gorgeous. I mean, it’s the Amfar Gala aka the Met of the Cannes and I expected to be blown away.

Nina more than did justice to this gown. I actually muttered ‘wow’ when I saw it. This girl is on fire at the moment and I PRAY she continues.

15. Jones19

Nina looks stunning in every sense of the word. The styling is perfection, love the lance sandals.

16. Martina

OMG, she looks stunning!! I’m in love with that amazing dress and she wears it great! I actually love the fact that it’s lower on her shoulders than it is on the models because it looks much softer and prettier. I love the way that electric blue complements her skintone, just beautiful! And her accessories are great and I love her hair! BDOTW for sure ;)

17. Jess2

I am overjoyed that Nina didn’t go with a pump and chose the sandals!! AMAZING dress and she looks fabulous!!!

18. Shaina

Beautiful! This is pure perfection, I love the vibrant color, the split, the “off the shoulder” aspect, this is Nina at her best.

19. lu

i love this look! gorgeous color, and perfect styling. And this is how you work a split in a classy way!

20. Princess Chi Chi

Although I do love Nina i feel like the shoulder is too low and the slit doesn’t appeal to me at all.I really dislike her hairstyle choice aswell, something looser & lower. lovely dress bad fit & hair. (doesn’t help that karlie is next to her looking STUNNING!)