23.05.12 Premiere

Kristen Stewart In Balenciaga – ‘On The Road’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Kristen Stewart was all smiles on the red carpet for the ‘On The Road’ Cannes Film Festival premiere this evening.

The actress wore a beautiful Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquière gown.

Her pale pink gown with green, silver and black embroidery is beautiful plus the detailing is exquisite.

I love the thigh-high split so Kristen can still have the opportunity to show off her legs. No doubt a compromise to going short.

Styling-wise, Kristen’s look was effortless.

No clutch and simple makeup with a gold small pendent necklace, Balenciaga sandals and a Cartier Juste un Clou bracelet completed her look.

I think she managed to make this look work.

What do you think?

Credit: Getty

Rihanna In Meadham Kirchhoff - Hooray Henry's

Rihanna In Meadham Kirchhoff – Hooray Henry’s

Roxane Mesquida In Roberto Cavalli - 'On The Road' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Roxane Mesquida In Roberto Cavalli – ‘On The Road’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

81 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Balenciaga – ‘On The Road’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Bilbo May 23, 2012 at 18:58 #

She is absolutely stunning here ! ! ! ~

2. admmgz May 23, 2012 at 18:59 #

I love it! She looks great & still managed to stay true to her own style

3. CTgirl May 23, 2012 at 18:59 #

She really needs to do something with the hair. The dress is great but the inattention to her hair really distracts from this look.

• Leti May 23, 2012 at 19:29 #

I completely agree!

4. Elyn May 23, 2012 at 19:00 #

GORGEOUS! She looks so beautiful. I was a little worried because its Balenciaga, but Nicolas did good.

5. lola May 23, 2012 at 19:00 #

♥(¯`’•.¸(¯`’•.¸*♥Beautiful♥*¸.•’´¯)¸.•’ ´¯)♥

6. Jenn May 23, 2012 at 19:00 #

Beautiful dress! Really suits her. Hair is the same as always but it works here.

7. May 23, 2012 at 19:00 #

She looks realy cool!
    She´s in a hurry with two movies coming out and all the promotion probabily that’s why she seemed so tired during the photocalls. I can´t wait to watch “On the Road” I thinh tha it would be one of the best of the year.

8. Mia May 23, 2012 at 19:01 #

love it! it looks elegant and classy.

9. Ines May 23, 2012 at 19:01 #

The dress is too big imo. And the whole look is just too bare…Wish she had done something with her hair too. But this is 1000x better than the Marchesa disaster…

10. Zineb May 23, 2012 at 19:01 #

Guess she didn’t take that nap after all :D
    Considering Kirsten’s low fashion standards, this gown is nice

• Zineb May 23, 2012 at 19:11 #

This just in, Nina Dobrev announced that she is coming to Cannes tomorrow ! Exciting huh ! Let’s hope it’s another winning Nina/Donna Karen look !!

• Jones19 May 23, 2012 at 20:59 #

OMG I hope Nina stuns!

11. Ro May 23, 2012 at 19:01 #

Gorgeous. The dress fits her well and I love the belt and shoes. I don’t mind the hair being undone since it suits her.

12. Nat39 May 23, 2012 at 19:02 #

Her hair is my only complaint here, wish it was neater. Otherwise I like it, her effortless styling works for me in this case.

13. nina May 23, 2012 at 19:03 #

really pretty

14. Yeliz May 23, 2012 at 19:03 #

Stunning from head-to-toe, I love it! I knew we couldn’t expect dramatic gowns from her and of course an up-do would’ve been more elegant but her hair doesn’t bother me, I actually think it looks great.

Kudos to her for wearing sandals.

Plus she is very happy and doesn’t look tired at all. This is one of my favorite looks of her.

15. Emmeline May 23, 2012 at 19:03 #

Sorry FC, but I can’t help laughing at her pose in that last picture. That being said, for once the tailoring is just right. I also liked her shoes, even if the were too small.

And since you mentioned a clutch, have we ever seen her carrying one? I know I can’t recall ever seeing one.

• Yeliz May 23, 2012 at 19:11 #

She carried a clutch at the Twilight Premiere, Met Gala 2010 and Met Gala 2011.

16. Rachael May 23, 2012 at 19:04 #

It’s a pretty dress, though it looks a little ill fitting round the hips but that could just be her bad posture. The hair just looks like an after thought too, it’s no different to how it was at this afternoon, and unclean. I’m sick of her ‘don’t give a f**k’ attitude, it’s not cool to look like you barely made an effort for the red carpet or to come across as detached and surly and certainly not in Cannes.

• Francy May 23, 2012 at 19:34 #

Thank you! exactly what I was thinking. It’s unacceptable that she walks the Cannes red carpet with such a messy styling. I mean, is her life aso terrible that she always looks so bored and uncomfortable?

• emma May 23, 2012 at 20:04 #

What the heck? She’s smiling in so many pictures. Jeez. And her hair is not unwashed. It’s just styled messy. Why do people make the same ignorant comments in these posts?

• Anne g May 23, 2012 at 20:31 #

+ 1 Stop bashing
          I prefer someone who is herself to someone who claims to be someone else.
          She’s not Diane Kruger. And What.
          She’s not a z actress or it girl who is every red carpet. It changes from other actresses, she’s natural.
          I known IT’S CANNES, FESTIVAL OF GLAMOUR. BUT KRISTEN IS KRISTEN, I DON’T THINK SHE GONNA CHANGE
          Sorry for my english i’m french

• Kay May 24, 2012 at 01:43 #

Let’s face it. Fashion at the end of the day isn’t going to cure cancer. Neither is acting. People take this way too seriously. Beauty is subjective. People will hate on her based on THEIR issues, what they have been taught beauty/success means, not hers. She is who she is. At first I thought I wish she had done something with her hair. But then, I realized this is Kristen. This is what she does. She mixes it up, never wants to come across as too perfect. For that I appreciate her. Well done.

• admmgz May 24, 2012 at 15:02 #

+1 Well said! People take it so seriously & end up turning a fun thing into a fight w/ people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They should just agree to disagree w/o bashing

• Francy May 24, 2012 at 07:47 #

I apologize if I don’t have your opinion. I thought I was allowed to speak my mind. I don’t define your comments ignorant just because I don’t agree with them. But I guess that’s what happens when you try to criticize Kristen Stewart. She’s become untouchable because of the Twilight fandom

• admmgz May 24, 2012 at 15:07 #

Why bring Twilight into it? This blog is about fashion.

• Zineb May 24, 2012 at 15:18 #

+ 1000

• Emi May 23, 2012 at 21:00 #

I agree with you, she’s young, she do the job she likes to do and she’s very rich. Considering what is going on in the world she could appreciate what she has.

• Emi May 23, 2012 at 21:00 #

*does*

17. haroula sarri May 23, 2012 at 19:06 #

she looks amazing!!

18. aeson7 May 23, 2012 at 19:08 #

Kristen looks effortlessly beautiful. Love the dress. And I’m glad she didn’t wear those boring black heels from this morning.

19. Kate May 23, 2012 at 19:10 #

This dress is perfect for Kristen! It’s intricate, elegant but edgy, and not overdone. Very befitting of her personality and still completely event appropriate. Plus the shoes are killer!

20. Susie May 23, 2012 at 19:10 #

So gorgeous. I wish the hair was different, but that’s a really minor complaint. The length of the gown is perfect too. It’s really a perfect dress for her and the occasion. Love!

21. Amy May 23, 2012 at 19:11 #

her styling really is effortless – literally without any effort at all. The dress is great but she does not make it work for me because the rest of her look is very lazy.

22. Riley May 23, 2012 at 19:12 #

The hair and necklace are horrible, otherwise I like the look.

The gown is stunning, but her KStew Signature Styling falls flat.

23. Letícia May 23, 2012 at 19:16 #

this girl is impossibly pretty. I like her in dresses that are a bit sexier, I think she can pull them off.

24. Serena May 23, 2012 at 19:19 #

Disappointed by this. Would have loved more effort in the styling. She doesn’t have to choose between styling and her style :/

25. C May 23, 2012 at 19:27 #

She looks great, but on a side note why does Tum Sturridge (the father of Sienna Miller’s unborn baby) persist in sporting such awful hair? Every photo I see of him makes me grimace.

26. Aaron May 23, 2012 at 19:29 #

That’s the best I’ve ever seen her look. She looks stunning. That’s a very elegant look, and that’s not a word I usually associate with Kristen — no offense intended.

And i disagree with those who criticize her hair. I think it’s perfect for the rest of the look, and for her, who she is. She looks lovely.

27. J May 23, 2012 at 19:33 #

The dress seems ill-fitting. I wish she had done something to her hair. It looks messy and dirty. A Canne red carpet event deserves a fancier hair-do. She always looks like she puts in the minimum effort.

28. Juliana May 23, 2012 at 19:33 #

Great dress, but her pose on the second picture is just awful =(

29. Annel May 23, 2012 at 19:35 #

I am so relieved she wore something else than pumps that I can’t even bother to complain about the rather unkempt hair. And besides the dress is pretty too. Not her best, definately not her worst. But I still have a feeling, that she hasn’t really, truly discovered a red carpet style that does justice to her personality and makes her comfortable. When she finds that style I think it will show. But perhaps she just don’t care about finding and releasing her inner red carpet diva :D

30. priyanka May 23, 2012 at 19:35 #

the dress is beautiful, but i find the overall look disappointing. it works for a premiere in london/nyc/LA, but this is CANNES. if you’re not going to make an effort, why bother to show-up?

• emma May 23, 2012 at 20:05 #

I think she cares more about her film than her red carpet look. THAT’s why you go to Cannes :)

• priyanka May 23, 2012 at 21:38 #

it’s obviously a film premiere and a film festival, but people generally make an effort because the festival is well known for it’s glamour and parties. even the photographers dress-up. i’m not saying she has to turn into eva longoria with a marchesa mega train (she’s not that girl), but the cannes red carpet is about making an impact. the only thing her look says here is that she couldn’t be bothered to put in a bit more effort on this red carpet to promote her movie. we’ve seen her turn it up for her recent promo tour, so why not pull out all the stops at cannes?

• J May 23, 2012 at 22:01 #

Agree, Pri. It’s Cannes which is dressy, fancy, etc. It’s not Sundance. This is not the time to look like a disgruntled hipster. This event is about glamour.

31. Tati M May 23, 2012 at 19:40 #

I’m missing Sienna Miller. I’d like to see her instead of her man.

32. A. May 23, 2012 at 19:46 #

She looks good in it. Could have tried a different hairstyle tho

33. Mol May 23, 2012 at 19:50 #

I’m completely happy with this, Kirsten represents her style perfectly here – so many people are critical of her (with justification often, style wise), but here, I think she has walked the line beautifully between high fashion and staying true to her personality so it’s a big bravo from me!

34. gaga lala May 23, 2012 at 19:53 #

I guess kristen will never win with some of you. Haters takes criticising her so personal you will think if she does’nt smile or pose well their life will be over. it fashion people you either love it or you don’t no need to take it personal. She looks beautiful, and flawless.

35. Elaine May 23, 2012 at 19:54 #

Maybe I am just biased, but everything she does bores me…

36. Anne g May 23, 2012 at 19:56 #

I love it. she’s herself in the dress

37. Marko_M May 23, 2012 at 19:58 #

She looked AMAZING! The perfect balance between her cool girl attitude and the glamour of Cannes. I love it!

38. Michael May 23, 2012 at 20:05 #

her pose in the last picture is so funny.

39. dee May 23, 2012 at 20:12 #

Not her best or worst but she looks really nice.

40. robbie May 23, 2012 at 20:30 #

was loving it til i saw the slit up the side, seriously enough of the frickin legs!

i just want to run up behind her and cut a few inches off her hair!

41. Rita S. May 23, 2012 at 20:36 #

She looks great, and Garrett Hedlund in the second photo makes everything look a lot better :D

42. Rebecca Z May 23, 2012 at 20:46 #

I think the pose with the leg is just being silly for the cameras. It is a beautiful dress, but to me it isn’t right for her. Too conservative and traditional. She needs something edgier and younger.

43. Emi May 23, 2012 at 20:57 #

Beautiful dress but I find her quite boring and I think she lacks of glamour… A couple of boys on the Montée de marche (Sam Riley most of all) are definitely more interesting.

44. Jones19 May 23, 2012 at 20:59 #

This gown is not my cup of tea but she looks alright.

45. chocolateplucheese May 23, 2012 at 21:08 #

She really reminds me of Charlotte Gainsbourg in this dress.

46. Leeann May 23, 2012 at 21:15 #

I am so sorry but I disagree. I kept thinking how beautiful the dress was but on her it looked like Top Shop

47. Nina May 23, 2012 at 21:16 #

i really enjoyed the beading though, it’s quite beautiful if you really look at it. I don’t fault her for the necklace, though, she hasn’t taken it off since she received it on her birthday, vintage Cartier. I kind of loved that she still wore it. I was honestly scared for what might happen and to be honest this exceeding my expectation.

48. Amy May 23, 2012 at 21:33 #

love the dress, love the look in general. And I totally understand that she’s a bit tired, she’s been promoting Snow White non-stop for the previous weeks and now she has to go straight to Cannes.

49. Marybeth May 23, 2012 at 22:01 #

I love the dress and think she looks very, very nice in it.
    But KStew (leg display notwithstanding) is clearly upstaged by Kirsten Dunst in that group picture.

50. Christine May 23, 2012 at 22:15 #

Pretty dress but nothing ‘Cannes’ about it. It works for her. Wish I can see her shoes better.

51. Bec May 23, 2012 at 22:56 #

She is W.E.R.K.I.N.G it in the bottom picture!!

52. Dhppy May 23, 2012 at 23:55 #

I think this dress is a smart choice for someone who doesn’t like to spend too much time with styling. I think it fits complements her more effortless style by making the effort for her. All she has to do is wear it and go.

53. Niki May 24, 2012 at 03:00 #

Lovely, the green in the embroidery is such a beautiful colour on her and I love that she has gone darker with her hair again. I was hoping for a little more drama, considering it is Cannes, but she looks beautiful. I also like the stylishly-messy wind-swept hair.

54. lily May 24, 2012 at 04:10 #

She is WORKING IT in the last pictures.. love her!

55. holly May 24, 2012 at 05:32 #

DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR HAIR. ANYTHING. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY AND UNHOLY AND IN BETWEEN. You’re wearing a beautiful, interesting dress and (for once) not black pumps and once again you stuck your hair under the bathroom air dryer and said that’s that. Stay classy, K.Stew.

56. Fanta78 May 24, 2012 at 05:49 #

She looks so…out of place, embarrassed?
    I wished she would’ve work something more edgy!

57. Jess May 24, 2012 at 09:18 #

Dreadful. The dress looks like she pulled some ill fitting item out of her mum’s wardrobe, and is being forced into playing dress up. I want to see some drama and fun at Cannes, not a sulky teenager.

58. june May 24, 2012 at 10:41 #

i’m glad despite how tired she looks, and how much promotion she’s been doing for her films, she’s matured enough (well, mostly. the middle fingers she threw at the photo call yesterday was in no way mature) to a. put up with it mostly gracefully, b. at least pretend to enjoy herself (and actually enjoy herself — her and charlize are adorable together) and c. make more of an effort while sticking to what she likes. it may not be my cup of tea — i love the people who really put effort into it and i would have preferred different hair — but that’s not something kristen is too concerned with. it’s nice she smiles more, though. at all of the twilight premiers, she came off as sulky and bored for all of it. she does seem to have matured enough to enjoy it a little more, now (or at least, pretend better).

• CreoleLady May 25, 2012 at 11:05 #

Wait, what??!! She threw up a middle finger? At a photocall?! So she thought that was an appropriate pose? An edgy accessory to her look?!! Hey, I understand that celebs get tired of cameras in their faces. Who knows, maybe the photog said something rude. But it is her job to promote movies. It is her job to go to photocalls. To wear nice clothes and represent the cast, the movie studio. To burnish your image on behalf of the project. How unprofessional and unbecoming.

As for this dress, it’s ok. But her carelessness — literally that she cares less — is often reflected in her look. Not effortlessness. Carelessness. This dress is nice and works for her. Hair could have been better but who cares? She doesn’t.

59. Alina May 24, 2012 at 12:52 #

I simply don’t like it.

60. LC May 24, 2012 at 12:55 #

I Love this look….Its totally her and i am glad she didn’t change coz she is in Cannes now….I totally love her dress and necklace :)

Ps…Thanks to her we got to see her hot bf – Robert :)

61. bm May 24, 2012 at 13:54 #

i LOVE it.

62. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2012 at 15:41 #

I would like this look without the plunging neckline (which I always think is too revealing) and the thigh-high slit (which is also kind of tacky). However, the print, the fit, and her styling are all good. I will admit that I was hoping for more but this is OK.

63. susan May 24, 2012 at 21:49 #

Kristen Stewart’s look is simple, elegant, effortless and unpretentious…just how a woman in their twenties should look!