Elizabeth Banks continues to be my girl of the moment by looking sensational on the red carpet for the ‘What To Expect When You’re Expecting’ premiere, held at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood yesterday evening.

On this occasion she wore an Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2012 dress.

Whilst the oxblood dress with black embroidery is a tad moody for a Spring premiere, I love the styling with matching Alexander McQueen knuckle clutch with gold hardware and the two-tone McQueen pumps.

She entwined a Fred Leighton gold swallow brooch into her updo and opted for neutral makeup with a pink lip colour and a Fred Leighton 1940’s citrine ring to complete her look.

The only thing missing for me is a belt. Not the lookbook corset belt, just a thinner black leather belt.

Do you like this look, or should Elizabeth have saved this for a winter premiere?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Eva Longoria In Alberta Ferretti – NBC Upfront Presentation

Eva Longoria In Alberta Ferretti – NBC Upfront Presentation

Katharine McPhee In Dolce & Gabbana – NBC Upfront Presentation

Katharine McPhee In Dolce & Gabbana – NBC Upfront Presentation

33 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Alexander McQueen – ‘What To Expect When You’re Expecting’ LA Premiere

1. Yeliz May 15, 2012 at 10:48 #

Although I agree it’s a bit moody for May, I have to say I love love love this look! I even love her accessories more than her dress. She’s a BDOTW contender for me.

• Jones19 May 15, 2012 at 11:36 #

+1 BDOTW contender for sure. Everything is perfect about this look. A belt is not needed.

• Saree May 15, 2012 at 13:32 #

+1 The dress is still great! But the accessories are just that perfect touch.

Emma Stone is just wishing she got her hands on this first!

• noo May 15, 2012 at 13:57 #

i also think that this is a perfect winter look, but since it is perfect i can’t find any fault in it, it is gorgeous and i love it!

2. Joy May 15, 2012 at 11:00 #

How could I not like this look? Except it would be better worn in the winter. Love the depth of the color and the accessories compliment perfectly. I’d kill for that purse. I really really want a McQueen purse, but haven’t rationalized the price to myself yet. I digress…I do like the edgier belt worn by the model but, I guess it wouldn’t have gone with this more lady like approach.

3. CreoleLady May 15, 2012 at 11:09 #

J’adore EVERYTHING, especially those heels. Glad you brought up moodiness because the stylists of the Huntsman ladies lack imagination imo. Wearing black is not the only way to evoke drama, the night before the dawn, moody sophistication instead of Disney princess.

Mixed feelings about saving this for fall – possibly why the look was lighted a bit by not including the belt and going with color instead of black on the feet. Love the styling so much that I’m glad she didn’t wait.

4. Emily May 15, 2012 at 11:18 #

the accessories win for me, especially the hair :) beautiful dress though it’s probably a winter dress!

5. june May 15, 2012 at 11:22 #

i love everything about this outfit. amazing accessories, gorgeous dress and beautiful styling.

6. roxana May 15, 2012 at 11:38 #

i like it!

7. asherlev1 May 15, 2012 at 11:41 #

Ugh, gorgeous. Everything about this is perfect; I agree with everyone else, the accessories are to die for.

…and can I just say I’m sorry to Chloe Moretz, but I like this McQueen dress on Elizabeth more than all the ones one her? XP

But yeah, this one deserves a spot on the BDOTW nominees list for the styling alone.

8. Serena May 15, 2012 at 11:55 #

BDTOW contender for sure. She looks outstanding. The dress is to die for!

9. fashionmint May 15, 2012 at 12:13 #

wohaaaaaaaaaaaaa smashing..luvre !

10. Médée May 15, 2012 at 12:39 #

Before ready what you wrote I thought “she should have worn a belt”. I felt ridiculously proud when I saw that you said the same.

But I love the way she accessorised her look.

• Fashion Critic May 15, 2012 at 12:54 #

:D that is so cute

11. bm May 15, 2012 at 13:21 #

Her Marc Jacobs dress last week is cute, in fact i love it. But she wore a cute dress again, and it is disappointed me. She is too mature for this dress, and this dress should belong to Chloe Moretz. I like her here, but when you do something so often, it’s not excited anymore.

12. Ancika May 15, 2012 at 13:40 #

She should have saved this for a winter premiere. I can’t imagine wearing a winter dress on a happy sunny summery or spring day or a summer night.

13. dee May 15, 2012 at 13:42 #

Love the entire look. Great styling.

14. msd May 15, 2012 at 13:45 #

I love this outfit, especially the little gold birds in her hair! I don’t think it’s too young for her – it would probably overwhelm a teenager.

15. meimei May 15, 2012 at 14:02 #

love the accessories, a BDOTW contender for me!
    I think it world’ve been even more amazing if she wore gold bird pin for the hunger games premiere!

16. Alina May 15, 2012 at 14:10 #

Love!

17. DP May 15, 2012 at 14:16 #

I actually love her in this dress, even though it’s a winter dress, because she’s been wearing so many bright colours lately. I think she wanted to mix it up a little and that’s why I love her! She’s already given us more spring colour than anyone on the red carpet this year, and I love that she’s gone a bit darker for a change. Those little birds- all I can say is WANT. Loving this new trend for embellished buns, and thanks for the detailed close ups, FC!

• Fashion Critic May 15, 2012 at 14:25 #

” She’s already given us more spring colour than anyone on the red carpet this year” – so very true.

18. fromchi-town May 15, 2012 at 14:22 #

I love the look – its beautiful but the first thing I said when I looked at it was – its such a fall/winter look.

19. Riley May 15, 2012 at 16:10 #

I love the look but not the clutch. The clutch competes with the dress.

But everything else is perfect. I have fallen in love with her too FC!

20. ZEO May 15, 2012 at 16:43 #

Im in love with her shoes!!!

21. EmmaWoodhouse May 15, 2012 at 17:22 #

Adore, adore, adore. She is SUCH a flawless fashionista. I don’t care if it’s a bit dark–she’s pulling it off! I love the accessories and the only thing I would have changed would be to add, as you said, FC, a thin black leather belt. BDOTW-worthy!

22. Christine May 15, 2012 at 21:18 #

My fashion style crush. I knew she would shut it down! I love this. I miss the belt but she looks good without.

23. Christine May 15, 2012 at 21:19 #

Everything just works. Wow! Her stylist must be the best of the best :D

24. Dani May 15, 2012 at 23:45 #

Adore it all. The accessories are outstanding and I desperately want that dress. Add my vote for BDOTW.

• Lee May 16, 2012 at 01:43 #

• Beta May 16, 2012 at 07:43 #

+1 me too!

25. Raquel May 16, 2012 at 01:22 #

Why wait when she can look this fabulous now?

26. Jess2 May 17, 2012 at 05:57 #

She just gets more and more outstanding, definitely my favourite style star this year!! Love this look head to toe it is perfect and flawless! Amazing dress and the styling takes it to a whole new level! Not even sparing a thought for the season. Love love love!