Ginnifer Goodwin In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Met Gala

Following her Kentucky Derby disaster, Ginnifer Goodwin really needed to step things up several notches at the 2012 Meta Gala to erase the horrible memory.

She should consider herself totally redeemed as she looked sensational wearing a Monique Lhuillier gown.

The tangerine silk-chiffon cap-sleeve gown with an embroidered neckline and draped skirt and leather tangerine belt was styled with H.Stern jewels.

I would be lying if I said that I liked her Brian Atwood silver satin pumps, but I want to give Ginnifer a pass for getting everything else so right.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Trend Alert: Brunette Stars Going Blonde

Trend Alert: Brunette Stars Going Blonde

Emily Blunt In Calvin Klein - 2012 Met Gala

Emily Blunt In Calvin Klein – 2012 Met Gala

22 Responses to Ginnifer Goodwin In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Met Gala

1. Alina May 8, 2012 at 13:48 #

The pumps are such a big no.

• Jones19 May 8, 2012 at 18:24 #

I hate satin pumps in general but silver sating paired with an orange gown??? What was she thinking!?

2. Nat May 8, 2012 at 14:16 #

Those shoes are hideous with this dress and probably the gown would have looked better on someone a bit taller, but the dress itself is so exquisite that I really like this look overall.

3. Colleen May 8, 2012 at 14:23 #

I love everything but the shoes….why such a heavy pump with a delicate and beautiful gown? And would it kill her to smile?

4. bm May 8, 2012 at 14:33 #

I prefer the black dress like the runway model wore. I barely can see the detail on her.
    And can she just choose an orange pumps to match her dress?

5. Emmeline May 8, 2012 at 14:42 #

I love that she chose to wear this dress in orange, it’s such a great color on her. But I totally agree about the shoes. I saw way too many pairs of satin pumps last night.

6. Christine May 8, 2012 at 14:58 #

The shoes are fug. The dress on the otherhand is splendid! I prefer the tangerine color to black.

7. Riley May 8, 2012 at 15:23 #

The gown is far more stunning in orange. I don’t know why Monique made it black on the runway. Ginnifer’s stylist was clever to change the color.

She looks amazing and I don’t mind the shoes even though they aren’t correct.

8. Fiona May 8, 2012 at 15:49 #

I love this dress on her, she is quite brave with her choices and this is beautiful. Love the orange, not keen on the shoes, at least they weren’t black…

9. CC May 8, 2012 at 16:21 #

this is much better than that previous, deplorable hat ensemble.

if she had just changed her shoes, this look wld have been perfect

CC

10. Zineb May 8, 2012 at 16:21 #

Snow White looks amazing :)

11. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) May 8, 2012 at 16:21 #

The tangerine is flattering but the spectacular details show up much better in black. There are no words for the shoes…

12. Nia May 8, 2012 at 16:35 #

Gorgeous. Beautiful colour, beautiful fit, love the neckline. My favourite Met 2012 look so far.
    She needs a shoe swap though, I would love to see what other choices of shoe she could have worn.

13. justme May 8, 2012 at 16:38 #

Such a stunning dress.
    Nude pumps would have been better than those silver ones.

14. Hannah May 8, 2012 at 17:21 #

I adore adore adore this form the ankle up. She does this look better than almost anyone, and as a favourite form last year she was hte one ot watch for me. I also maintain that these shoes look better in real life than under flashbulbs & cameras, so I can forgive it as long as it is never to ever ever happen again.

15. Yeliz May 8, 2012 at 18:59 #

If she had worn the runway version than I would’ve liked nothing about this look. But the tangerine colour is soooo amazing!
    Now Ginnifer who made you wear those hideous satin pumps to such a delicate gown? If I would’ve saw only o tiny piece of the shoes than I would’ve gave her a pass too but they are too distracting. Although I love the gown I can’t love the overall look.

16. EmmaWoodhouse May 8, 2012 at 23:50 #

Don’t like the pumps. The dress is super-eye-catching and she’s one of my favorites!!!! Top five! (And I don’t usually like orange!)

17. Dhppy May 9, 2012 at 04:04 #

Oooh girl, I love this! I like it so much better in this color than the black (and I normally like black dresses). I will look past the shoes, too.

18. Amanda May 9, 2012 at 06:43 #

I tend to agree with you, the dress is not bad, pity about the shoes.

19. Jess2 May 9, 2012 at 09:23 #

She has the most striking and beautiful face. I love love love this dress, it is stunning, especially in that colour. Definitely redeemed!

20. Felicia May 9, 2012 at 11:54 #

I love both versions!!! Amazing.

Fits her perfectly. The colour, everything, superb!

21. Parvati May 9, 2012 at 12:47 #

The pumps were not a good choice, but the rest of the look is nice.