08.05.12

Diane Kruger In Prada – 2012 Met Gala

Diane Kruger was part of the Prada party at the 2012 Met Gala, held in New York on Monday evening.

The German actress opted for another loose-fitting look. This time she wore a Prada purple layered crepe silk chiffon V-necked gown with ostrich feathered hemline.

Her bohemian, romantic look was accessorized with a hot pink embellished clutch and a gold necklace with purple stones.

I didn’t like this at first, but it grew on me as the night wore on.

One thing we can always expect from Diane is a flawless presentation.

Do you like this look, or were you expecting more from Diane?

Credit: Getty

Shailene Woodley In Christopher Kane - 2012 Met Gala

Shailene Woodley In Christopher Kane – 2012 Met Gala

Cate Blanchett In Alexander McQueen - 2012 Met Gala

Cate Blanchett In Alexander McQueen – 2012 Met Gala

73 Responses to Diane Kruger In Prada – 2012 Met Gala

1. Christine May 8, 2012 at 06:51 #

Hate the necklace. Feels out the blue–last minute effort. The dress is stunning on her though. I could do without the added extra-ness at the bottom!

2. Riley May 8, 2012 at 06:52 #

The skirt is gorgeous but the top is horrible. This would have been amazing if the top was a bodice somehow attached to the skirt. The tank top is just sloppy.

I love her hot pink clutch though and the necklace is gorgeous, but the tank is awful.

3. Laura May 8, 2012 at 06:53 #

Isn’t it amazing you can never expect what Diane will wear? But she delivers everytime she hits the red carpet. I personally LOVE this.

4. CC May 8, 2012 at 06:54 #

i love this look! the dress is sensational! love the color!
    wish she wld have made a little more effort on the hair though

maybe very loose curls on the bottom.

def. best dressed contender for me!

her and lea michele!

CC

5. Sasha May 8, 2012 at 06:57 #

This s so stunning. I can’t even discribe how much I love it. My favourit so far)))

6. Mandy May 8, 2012 at 06:59 #

EWWW ! That neckline and side boobs !! I am disappointed !!

• bm May 8, 2012 at 08:01 #

+1.
      And once again, idk what happen to my eyes when i saw Diane, but she looks like a pregnant mum, again.

7. TL May 8, 2012 at 07:15 #

Considering her usually-amazing styles, this look is quite boring.

Nothing wows me, the dress is ok, the accessories didn’t plus her, and I hate her hair.

Did she bleach her hair? it looks grey/white (not blonde) from the left photo, and it has no style,just look like a just got out of bed hair.

8. Asia May 8, 2012 at 07:23 #

She looks amazing! Love the colors and the necklace. I agree she shold have done sth with her hair though.

9. Claudia May 8, 2012 at 07:28 #

She looks absolutely breathtaking!

10. vicky May 8, 2012 at 07:32 #

Cut away the hemline feathers and you have a beach dress.
    Nothing special.
    My second let down after Emma Stone.

• Gillian May 8, 2012 at 15:55 #

I personally feel like that’s why I like it so much, the unexpected boho-meets-couture look really caught my attention, unlike the automatic structured geometric or fishtail or sparkly couture looks EVERYONE seems to be sporting.

11. Tina May 8, 2012 at 07:39 #

Hate the top, love the bottom. Hair could have been styled differently, also.

12. arwa May 8, 2012 at 07:54 #

I was expecting more from Diane. This is just a purple night gown with feathers for me

• Aline May 8, 2012 at 18:51 #

Exactly. And the feathers pull the dress down, ruining the fit. It doesn’t do her any favors. Also, her hair is just simply lifeless.

However, I like this color on her, she should wear purple more often.

• gabis May 8, 2012 at 20:33 #

That’s so true, the feathers in the hemline really ruins the fitting and I agree about her hair, it looks lifeless, sloppy and totally last minute. But even so, I really liked it. Makeup and overall styling are flawless and she does look fantastic in purple. Also considering all the flops we had this year, even with all the problems, I can still see Diane as one of the best dressed.

13. rosie May 8, 2012 at 08:01 #

So surprised. Normally she look phenomenal but here her outfit comes across as almost cheap – not an easy feat when you’re wearing Prada!

14. Ramsay May 8, 2012 at 08:26 #

This is lovely- that colour is great, and that loose cut with the feathers is at the same time bohemian and glamourous which is a rare combination

15. Laura May 8, 2012 at 08:28 #

Love this! She is stunning and that dress is just breathtaking.

16. Katey May 8, 2012 at 08:37 #

I love it so much as well. Especially the necklace is my favourite with that dress. the only thing I don’t like is the watch on her arm.

one of the best dressed to me, it’s sure.

17. Emi May 8, 2012 at 08:45 #

I’m starting to think she’s pregnant… She looks great as always… I hate feathers, but I love the color.

• Emily May 8, 2012 at 09:01 #

+1 here, two loose-fitting dresses in a row, it must be something!!!! I have to agree with FC, it was a meh from me for the first 2 minutes but it’s starting to grow on me as time goes by.

• Jones19 May 8, 2012 at 11:48 #

I’m starting to think she’s pregnant too. Love this look though!

18. nokia May 8, 2012 at 08:47 #

More! Remember her dress last year ?! ha

19. ash May 8, 2012 at 09:32 #

A part of me wants to hate it because of how casual she looks, but she looks really good.

20. CreoleLady May 8, 2012 at 09:36 #

Love the color. It’s unexpected, that’s for sure. Not swooning, dislike the side boob but ok overall.

21. Nat May 8, 2012 at 09:41 #

The colour is great on her, but I really expected something more from Diane. The dress is awkward: it looks like the bottom is too heavy for the top and it’s pulling the whole dress down.
    Also, I miss Pacey! :-D
    (They’re one of my favourite red carpet couples).

22. Dina May 8, 2012 at 09:46 #

i’m going to have to disagree with everyone. diane is a queen in this dress, simply out of this world. i loved that it wasn’t the feathers that gave the dress the unexpected twist, but rather it was the fitting. i think she did dramatic, natural, and beautiful all in one. actually, kudos do not go to diane, they go to miuccia prada. (AKA a modern genius) because kate bosworth, gwenyth paltrow, carey mulligan, and anna wintour all looked incredible.

23. Annel May 8, 2012 at 09:51 #

Her make-up is flawless and I like this colour on her but that’s sort of it. The dress or perhaps the hem and the loose fit somehow cuts off about 1/4 of her height and the top part makes it look like she’s slouching and her boobs are falling out. Plus I don’t think the red clutch fits the look. No thanks.

24. Serena May 8, 2012 at 09:57 #

I LOVE this. It’s laid back and chic and effortless. Love the color too.

25. Antoine May 8, 2012 at 10:12 #

STUNNING !!!!!

26. Quinn May 8, 2012 at 10:19 #

the top half of the dress is very sloppy, looks like it does not belong to the amazing bottom of this dress. and hate the side boobs!

i was so looking forward to diane, camillia belle and emma stone and all three let me down! =(

• Quinn May 8, 2012 at 10:22 #

*camilla belle

27. Guen May 8, 2012 at 10:34 #

Oh. My. God.
    How can she do it? How can she totally rock all the red carpets? She’s gorgeous and I love this look so much I want to imitate her immediatly (in some way :P).
    I love it, amazing. Awsome.

28. What Is The New Black May 8, 2012 at 10:41 #

I love it! It is so perfect for her! How she manages to always be flawless really is a mystery!

29. Awdah May 8, 2012 at 10:45 #

Hey FC,
    A suggestion; have you considered adding a like& dislike buttons to your posts? I think it would be fun! And it would help with BDOTW ^_^.

30. Nicky May 8, 2012 at 10:59 #

I think she looks outstanding! She honestly never fails to excite.

31. Set May 8, 2012 at 11:06 #

I adore everything about this look. It is absolutely beautiful.

32. TheSuperfairy May 8, 2012 at 11:07 #

This is such a welcome, unique look from all the corsets & bustiers ! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the loose-fitting top half of the gown, but certainly kudos to Diane because in the end, it’s HER that made this look work. Awesome accessories, and she’s just hands-down gawhhgeousss!!

33. Sanette May 8, 2012 at 11:12 #

One of the best dressed! I love that’s it’s not a typical gown.

34. Francois B May 8, 2012 at 11:38 #

I expected so much more! The top of this dress looks like a pajama

35. Jones19 May 8, 2012 at 11:52 #

I didn’t expect this from Diane but I love it. Just when you think you know what she’s gonna wear she completely one ups you.

36. Lisa May 8, 2012 at 12:04 #

GORGEOUS. It’s just a very “Diane” look. Simple, but still with full impact. Plus, her hair and make-up makes her glow. One of my favourites actually.

37. carrie May 8, 2012 at 12:30 #

I love it. Only she could pull this off though. And dress aside, her hair and make-up were flawless. I sometimes don’t think her face matches up to her amazing fashion sense, but she looked stunning last night.

38. Andreea May 8, 2012 at 12:53 #

The dress is exquisite and i think she looks great,but that hair and the necklace makes you think that she’s going to the beach.A more sophisticated haisrtyle and a beautiful imperial necklace would be more appropiate for this event.

39. Dianablues May 8, 2012 at 13:02 #

It’s like a purple swanlake vommed all over her. Strangely enough she still manages to pull it off in her unique sort of way

40. Shaina May 8, 2012 at 13:16 #

The fit is just horrible at the top. I feel like, at any time, there will be a wardrobe malfunction. The skirt and color, however, is stunning. I just wish the top had been modified.

41. Alina May 8, 2012 at 13:24 #

Love it!

42. Grace Patricia May 8, 2012 at 13:56 #

Looks like the skirt is too heavy for the top.

43. camillas May 8, 2012 at 14:07 #

She looks gorgeous! Maybe another hairstyle would have been better…
    But I still think it’s orignal and chic !

44. CDC May 8, 2012 at 14:10 #

Without a doubt, my favourite of the night. The only other person who ‘wowed’ me was Leighton Meester, but not in a good way. What was up with that tan…?

45. Chanel May 8, 2012 at 14:36 #

I love her in this dress, but Diane looks so short! I think it’s because of the deep neckline and long train. But otherwise, great outfit!

46. harris May 8, 2012 at 14:44 #

i DIE. BDOTW

47. Colleen May 8, 2012 at 14:50 #

Love, love, LOVE everything from head to toe. Gorgeous!

48. shap_half May 8, 2012 at 15:25 #

I think she looks fantastic. It’s so different from what everyone else is wearing. It sounds from the comments that this is going to be a very big hate it or love it moment. Personally, I love it. She carries off a massive look with aplomb.

• Rebecca Z May 8, 2012 at 16:51 #

+1 Nicely said.

49. mm May 8, 2012 at 16:16 #

I love this, it is such a different silhouette than we are use to seeing. the hair and accessories all work

50. Zineb May 8, 2012 at 16:44 #

Absolutely fantastic. Whay can’t Prada keep the same standards? I’m loving it! The loose effortless impression Diane gives is unique

51. britta May 8, 2012 at 17:10 #

i just got so excited to see everyone else enjoyed this look as much as me! she is the epitome of boho glamour and she never lets us down. her versatility and range is the most fun to watch.

met gala top 5!

52. Yeliz May 8, 2012 at 17:15 #

I LOVE IT! I was going to cry when I didn’t found a picture of her immediately but when I saw this my dreams came true:
    -Diane attended the gala
    -She wore a swoon-worthy gown
    -She looked flawless.

My best dressed so far and she took a place at my BDOTY list.

53. Hisadora May 8, 2012 at 19:10 #

I think the color is amazing on her, and the dress is just as beautiful!!!

54. Jess May 8, 2012 at 19:40 #

amazing! the bottom is gorgeous and the more relaxed top half makes it so current…formal but not too stuffy. It’s just beautiful.

55. Charlotte May 8, 2012 at 20:32 #

The more times I see it, the more I love it! Whilst I’m not usually a fan of feathers on clothes, I love the drama they bring to this look and the colour seriously jumps out at me! One of my favourites of the night! Amazing coverage, btw! Don’t know how you do it! I couldn’t stay up after 1am to see all the dresses! A serious well done is definitely in order, FC! Thank you!!

56. Dan Oliver May 8, 2012 at 21:03 #

I really like the color on her i like the bohemian feel to

57. mariella May 8, 2012 at 21:34 #

i’m obsessed with this look!!

58. EmmaWoodhouse May 8, 2012 at 23:26 #

Love the necklace, the color, and her, but–Oh, Diane, you let me DOWN! The dress looks weird, like it’s being draaagggged down, and it looks like a tackily low-cut beach dres on top. Her hair is unexciting. Such a disappointment.

59. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) May 9, 2012 at 02:15 #

Cant decided if I love it or hate it. The color is heaven. Diane is a Goddess.

60. Dhppy May 9, 2012 at 03:11 #

The top says “picnic” the bottom says “gala”. The amazing necklace does a nice job of bridging that gap. I don’t love it, but her styling helped this tremendously.

61. Jess2 May 9, 2012 at 03:43 #

I really like this. I think the top could have been better but she looks stunning and pulls off this look of really well. She makes it look so easy

62. chyc May 9, 2012 at 08:46 #

The dress from the waist down looks cool but the top is simply sloppy and ill-fitting.

63. Parvati May 9, 2012 at 12:08 #

I was really curious to see what people thought, because everyone here seems to love whatever Diane wears. Personally, I dislike this look. It’s not only the top part of the dress, the whole look feels too sloppy for the MET Gala. The skirt is impressive, but it does nothing for the rest of the look. Plus, she should have done something better with her hair and make-up.

64. Henrique May 9, 2012 at 14:20 #

I call this perfection. My favourite of the night