26.03.12

2012 Jameson Empire Awards

A host of British stars joined Olivia Wilde and Agyness Deyn on the red carpet at the 2012 Jameson Empire Awards held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London last night.

Celine Buckens: The gorgeous teen star looked beautiful on the red carpet. Her head-to-toe look tells me that she’s fully embracing the new spring season with her Moschino Cheap and Chic look. She donned a colour floral-print white dress with an equally colourful jacket. Nude T-bar sandals and a high ponytail completed the look.

Joanne Froggatt: As spring is here, I’m going to have to get used to seeing more and more white shoes popping up on the red carpet. Joanne wore her peep-toes with a black platform with her abstract-print Felder Felder Spring 2012 look. The shoes get a pass, but the clutch feels like it is competing with the dress. The ‘Downton Abbey’ star opted for sexy tussled waves to complete her look.

Laura Haddock: The ‘Upstairs Downstairs’ actress selected an Emilio Pucci Pre-Fall 2012 dress. She smouldered on the red carpet in her black-lace dress with a scalloped frilled hemline. She completed completed her look with black Louboutin ‘Pigalles’ and a simple updo.

Hayley Atwell: The British actress had the most eye-catching look on this red carpet. Her mint Roksanda Illinic Spring 2012 fitted dress was teamed with coral Sergio Rossi ‘Uptown’ pumps. She added Solange Azagury-Partridge jewels for a touch of sparkle.

Berenice Marlohe: The new Bond girl stunned wearing a red hot Donna Karan dress. I love the way the dress hugs her womanly figure.

Bonnie Wright: The actress wore a black Dolce & Gabbana suit. In comparison to everyone else at this event, this look is incredibly sombre.

Jessica Chastain In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘Madagascar 3′ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Jessica Chastain In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Madagascar 3′ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Bonnie Wright In Dolce & Gabbana – IWC Filmmakers Dinner At Eden Roc

Bonnie Wright In Dolce & Gabbana – IWC Filmmakers Dinner At Eden Roc

18 Responses to 2012 Jameson Empire Awards

1. Alice March 26, 2012 at 14:23 #

I quite like Bonnie’s outfit, she does however appear to have misjudged the occasion, although lighter make-up and less severe hair may have helped pull it back.

2. Nat March 26, 2012 at 14:37 #

First of all, OMG that’s Anna from Downton Abbey? I didn’t recognize her! :-O
    I like her dress, although I’ll have to agree about the accessories (the clutch in particular).

Hayley Atwell’s dress is lovely (the colour is absolutly stunning), but to me those shoes don’t really make sense. It’s one of those cases when a look feels too “set-up”, and not in a good way. Like “let’s be on trend and do some colour-blocking by adding coral shoes to a green dress”.

3. Alina March 26, 2012 at 14:58 #

Hayley Atwell is my favourite.

4. yazz March 26, 2012 at 15:18 #

bonnie looks boring always ,black ,black black and ,ugly clothes , how old is she? 20-21 ,she looks like 30

5. EmmaWoodhouse March 26, 2012 at 18:51 #

Celine: doesn’t really stand out for me.
    Joanne: too much going on…
    Laura: Love it. Sophisticated and interesting.
    Hayley: stunning color and the pumps were a great choice
    Berenice: soooo elegant! My favorite
    Bonnie: the worst of the bunch. Wrong choice for the event.

6. TeaAtTwo March 26, 2012 at 19:00 #

Berenice Marloh looks hot in that dress but then I checked out her shoes on Getty and was a little crushed. black T bars pumps, seriously?
    I like the white shoes and clutch with the Felder Felder look, gives a seasonal freshness. I’m lusting over Celine’s jacket.

7. Lanna March 26, 2012 at 19:40 #

Celine Buckens looks cute. Just it.

Berenice Marlohe looks so hot. Love it!

Dear Bonnie the only place you should wear that is a funeral. xx

8. January March 26, 2012 at 19:50 #

I don’t quite understand the comments against Bonnie’s outfit. I really like it, to be honest. More than the other usual dresses everyone else is wearing. Women in a well dressed suit is a favorite of mine.

9. Aline March 26, 2012 at 19:55 #

Berenice is my favorite from the bunch.

• Tiffany Nicole March 26, 2012 at 20:40 #

+1. Marlohe = Mar-licious!

10. Nat39 March 26, 2012 at 21:00 #

Can’t take my eyes off the red gown on Berenice, such a beautiful silhouette, wish she’d done something about that hair.
    Hayley’s look is most polished and well put together, the coral pumps (I’m overlooking the bigger size) is an interesting choice and work well with the colour of the dress.
    Celine looks fresh and youthful.
    Don’t care for the rest.

11. Fun Addict March 26, 2012 at 23:08 #

Bonnie’s outfit and makeup are really great – a deliberate “mismatch” for the occasion. Coco Chanel would have done the same. The androgynous black suit look is perfectly presented. Bonnie has a sense for edgy fashion provocations. She really has her own style built up already. Not everybody who is 20-21 understands that, though. You need to be mentally a bit ahead. Around 30, say.

• Salie March 27, 2012 at 00:38 #

Leave Coco alone!

12. Salie March 27, 2012 at 00:37 #

Celine: cute.
    Joanne: miss…
    Laura: Like it.
    Hayley: nice color and i like the pumps colors.
    Berenice: soooo hot! Red always looks hot to me!
    Bonnie: to much makeup. Is pretty fugly. Looks an old lady. The look? For a red carpet? Not so much.

13. Tina March 27, 2012 at 01:13 #

I love Berenice’s outfit!!!! It’s a great dress and a very rich color! Wish she had done something with her hair though. I’ll see how it goes this week, but I actually think her dress could potentially be BDOTW.

14. Shaina March 28, 2012 at 00:09 #

Berenice Marlohe and Laura Haddock are my favorites. Hayley Atwell would have been one of my favorites but her hair is just lying there look very flat. Other than that, she looks amazing.