Elizabeth Olsen In Chanel Couture – Chanel and Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Dinner

Elizabeth Olsen joined a host of stars including Diane Kruger to celebrate an evening of fashion and film at Madeo in Beverly Hills, California, on Saturday evening for Chanel’s annual Pre-Oscar dinner party co-hosted with Charles Finch.

The actress wore a Chanel Spring 2012 Couture look which featured a navy tweed coat, with a floral arrangement on the neckline, paired with a navy printed long dress.

I find this whole look terribly aging on the young star. I look at this and wonder, “what would Diane do?”

She would’ve shortened it. Both the jacket and the skirt.

What I do like about this look are her blue suede ankle strap pumps and her flawless hair and makeup.

There are some any cute looks within this collection which are far more age appropriate for Elizabeth. I wish she had selected one of those.

Credit: Style.com & bfanyc.com courtesy of Chanel

Fergie's Rebecca Minkoff Becky Jacket

Fergie’s Rebecca Minkoff Becky Jacket

Jil Sander Fall 2012

Jil Sander Fall 2012

19 Responses to Elizabeth Olsen In Chanel Couture – Chanel and Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Dinner

1. firien February 29, 2012 at 19:35 #

Dear Elisabeth! Stop borrowing clothes from your sisters’ closets! They aren’t so stylish.

2. Nat39 February 29, 2012 at 19:39 #

The flattering makeup is usually her strongest point but damn she looks like a grandma in this dowdy gloomy outfit. She consistently dresses too old for her age – this is NOT a young woman in her 20s! Awful shy pose as well.

3. Lou February 29, 2012 at 19:46 #

This look is very similar to what her sisters wear-mature and oversized

4. AW February 29, 2012 at 19:58 #

Something about this look reads “crazy rich woman with many cats”.

It makes me sad, she’s too pretty for this.

The jacket would be cute with a shift dress and sexier heels.

• EmmaWoodhouse March 1, 2012 at 01:55 #

Haha, yes, she is a young and lovely girl who ought not to look like a cat lady! Lol.
      I agree with what you suggested for modifications as well.
      FC, WWDD (What would Diane do?) should become a slogan, along with WWZD (What would Zoe do?) and most importantly, WWCD (What would Cate do?) :D

• Fashion Critic March 1, 2012 at 05:36 #

Lol..I love those

5. Hannah February 29, 2012 at 20:03 #

I agree, I love her and I think that she has a really lovely fresh look, but she always seems to date a bit old. I think that the dress is fine, but hte jacket is really ageing, and, even though I haven’t sene the dress underneath alone, it would have looked fine by itself.

6. jane February 29, 2012 at 21:01 #

Her neck is not long enough to pull off that collar. She’s looking like a character from Babylon 5.

7. dee February 29, 2012 at 21:07 #

She should have just worn the skirt and the shoes with another top.

8. Melrose March 1, 2012 at 00:27 #

She’s already wearing Spr’12 Couture?

Damn, give that powerful stylist a raise.

• TeaAtTwo March 1, 2012 at 15:35 #

Mmm not when she looks this bad. A good stylist should pick out flattering outfits rather than just recently debuted items.

9. Fiona March 1, 2012 at 03:30 #

This whole collection seems to be really hard to translate to real life, it all looks frumpy and dowdy. This outfit drowns her – plus her Oscars gown was not good either. Just because you are offered Chanel perhaps it is not always the best thing for you.

• Dhppy March 1, 2012 at 21:42 #

I like the look, too. I thought she was purposely going for a long look (long sleeves, sweeping long skirt) which young girls of every generation occasionally get into. I also love the ankle straps peeking out from under the skirt. I think she looks like a well heeled romantic.

• Dhppy March 1, 2012 at 21:43 #

Oh, shoot. I meant to respond to J’s comment below.

10. J March 1, 2012 at 14:11 #

aw, crap, am i the only one who loves this? i love the proportions, and the style, and the colour, and the textures. i don’t find it aging at all, maybe i’m losing touch already. oh well.

• Parvati March 1, 2012 at 19:07 #

Haha, I thought the same! I actually like this look! It’s not her best look and certainly, she has worn a lot more youthful outfits, but I think it’s actually very elegant and she is graceful enough to pull it off.

11. andrea March 1, 2012 at 19:44 #

This outfit is more Parisian-shriek than Parisian chic.

12. Ramsay March 2, 2012 at 00:56 #

This would look good on Anna Wintour

13. Nathália March 2, 2012 at 01:31 #

She looks like a homeless girls. Sorry.