Reese Witherspoon decided to hit the red carpet for the ‘This Is War’ Seoul premiere sans tights this evening in South Korea.

With her hair pulled back into a simple bun, the leg-baring actress wore a Giambattista Valli Spring 2012 Couture dress.

I’m sure you’re thankful, like I am, that this dress is not another typical Reese red carpet dress, i.e. a short fitted bustier dress because she’s done that look to death.

Her lace and silk tulle dress with floral embroidered dress was teamed with Jimmy Choo ‘New Lance’ sandals.

Whilst I do like the dress on Reese, she doesn’t quite give it much oopmh plus I prefer the sexy sheerness of the runway look.

Do you like this dress, or is Reese still not doing enough to impress you on the red carpet?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kanye West In Acne Front Row @ Mark Fast Fall 2012

Kanye West In Acne Front Row @ Mark Fast Fall 2012

Ashlee Simpson's Alice + Olivia Glitter Finish Stretch Jersey Dress And Yves Saint Laurent Tribtoo Shoes

Ashlee Simpson’s Alice + Olivia Glitter Finish Stretch Jersey Dress And Yves Saint Laurent Tribtoo Shoes

20 Responses to Reese Witherspoon In Giambattista Valli Couture – ‘This Means War’ Seoul Premiere

1. dee February 23, 2012 at 18:24 #

The model wore it better. She looks nice and I appreciate the change from her typical looks but she isn’t quite selling this look.

• molly February 24, 2012 at 00:45 #

Agreed. There is nothing couture about it on Reese.

• [email protected] February 24, 2012 at 03:10 #

2. Rebecca Z February 23, 2012 at 18:36 #

Don’t like the hemline creeping up toward her crotch. This is kind of a cheap look for her–I think she has more class than this.

3. beadingchef February 23, 2012 at 18:37 #

I think that it works better on someone taller, it overwhelms her a bit.

• k February 23, 2012 at 20:05 #

4. Nat39 February 23, 2012 at 18:41 #

Def. prefer the sexy sheerness and small-waisted silhouette of the runway look but I understand the modifications as I do not think Reese could´ve pulled off the moody sexiness of the original version with her typical cheerful attitude.
    The version on Reese fails to excite me altogether -without all the original details, the dress is plain boring, she needed some interesting standout accessories to make this look a bit more exciting, and if she was going for a less sexy version then the shape of the skirt should´ve been modified as well with the draping not going that high up front.

5. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 23, 2012 at 18:52 #

I rather dislike this on Reese. She looks a bit broad, don’t care for the slit to there either. It’s been a LONG time since Reese wowed me.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 23, 2012 at 19:59 #

+1 I liked her pink dress but this one isn’t working at all.

6. robbie February 23, 2012 at 18:53 #

i fell asleep this is so boring. would have been great if she had kept it sheer to add some much needed sex appeal.

7. Laura February 23, 2012 at 19:10 #

I LOOOOVE the dress on the model, but definitively not on Reese

8. Kennedy February 23, 2012 at 19:47 #

Here’s the thing- and I hate to say this because god knows Hollywood perpetuates unattainable ideals for women- but Reese really needs to wear dresses that flatter her figure. Granted, the model is probably a size 0 so this dress fits like a glove but it makes Reese’s midsection so wide and lumpy. She is a beautiful woman who should embrace her figure and her height. Certain looks just don’t work i.e. the Zac Posen GG dress and now this (there were more in between, but my memory is failing me). The shoes are also very boring.

I feel like her career and her wardrobe go hand in hand- when her career begins to falter, she chooses strange ensembles. She looked great during the Water for Elephants press tour.

• gabis February 23, 2012 at 20:34 #

Totally agree about the fitting. This dress was made for tall, lean women such as models and unfortunately it comes out as very unflattering for someone with a tiny figure as Reese.
      But I’m glad though she skipped the sheerness as it’s definetely not her.
      But despite these problems, overall I think it’s a gorgeous look and she looks great. And kudos for not wearing another bustier dress.

9. fashion~lover February 23, 2012 at 19:49 #

I agree with you FC, at least it is not another typical Reese’s strapless dress.
    The dress itself is very beautiful. But thanks to Reese it looks boring. I don’t understand, what is wrong with her??

10. Emi February 23, 2012 at 19:51 #

I’m not impressed, even if she’s stepping out of her comfort zone. Plus, she should change a bit her way of posing, she’s not a man!

11. Jones19 February 23, 2012 at 19:54 #

I love the dress on the model, it looks fashion forward. On Reese it looks like just another LBD.

12. Pati February 23, 2012 at 20:22 #

The dress looks soooo much better on the model. The subtle sheerness makes the look. But I appreciate her trying sth different.

13. rita February 23, 2012 at 20:30 #

I think the dress is cute and it’s an improvement that she’s wearing couture. Although I will never ever understand why she doesn’t want to leave her comfort zone when she could be wearing all these amazing dresses (for example elie saab?)

14. Dhppy February 24, 2012 at 07:20 #

Oh no. I’m the only one who thinks Reese looks gorgeous.

15. ana February 26, 2012 at 04:58 #

RCFA.. you are right..not enough to impress..sheer would have been better, but she could not have carried it off besides..