26.01.12

Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2012 Couture

Alexandre Vauthier’s Spring 2012 Couture collection may have been on a softer colour palette of mint green, lavender and white, but it still projected his usual sexy, futuristic vision.

White fringed dresses, pastel chiffon gowns and draped tops over fitted pants slotted in-between LBDs with bold shoulders paired with PVC pants and black dresses with cut-out and thigh-high splits.

At first I was shocked that the models had protruding hip bones, but by the third look I realised that the hips had been deliberately exaggerated.

Fur accents in pastel colours to match the dresses adorned the models’ shoulders, whilst neckpieces encrusted with Swarovski Elements provided the perfect juxtaposition of soft fabrics.

Each model wore Christian Louboutin PVC heels with different colour top-caps.

Front Row: Beth Ditto

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Rihanna, Beyonce Knowles, Jessie J, Angelina Jolie, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Blake Lively and Megan Fox

Kate Beckinsale In Christian Dior - ‘Underworld Awakening’ Berlin Photocall

Kate Beckinsale In Christian Dior – ‘Underworld Awakening’ Berlin Photocall

Solange Knowles In Christopher Kane - Tiffany Celebrates The Launch Of 'True Love In Pictures'

Solange Knowles In Christopher Kane – Tiffany Celebrates The Launch Of ‘True Love In Pictures’

9 Responses to Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2012 Couture

1. EmmaWoodhouse January 26, 2012 at 15:28 #

Ugh…I didn’t like this collection. The exagerration is odd and the pieces don’t look like they’ll translate well on the red carpet.

2. Alina January 26, 2012 at 17:09 #

I liked the soft colour.

Look 11 is my pick for Cate Blanchett.

3. Giuseppi Giraffe January 26, 2012 at 17:25 #

oh dear. i don’t care for these- they remind me of some old sci-fi movie. judy jetson…

4. Nat39 January 26, 2012 at 17:38 #

These collection (light soft colours/fabric, neckpieces) has Rosie´s name written on it. I can clearly see her pulling off those pieces.

5. beadingchef January 26, 2012 at 20:09 #

OMG, I would almost give my right arm for the neck piece on the white dress, I can only imagine what it looks like up close and personal, fabulous.

6. ria January 27, 2012 at 15:08 #

is it a collection of neck pcs..cos none of the dresses are doing it for me..ugh

7. TeaAtTwo January 27, 2012 at 15:08 #

With some modifications I can picture some of these pieces making a great impression on the red carpet. The black dress reminds me a lot of the Lanvin dress Charlize wore a couple of weeks back.

8. ria January 27, 2012 at 15:22 #

why is the first pc an A F Vandevorst, second one a Maison Martin Margiela, third one a Alexander Mcqueen and fourth one a Balmain/Lanvin look a like..am I the only one finding similarities…

9. Fiona January 29, 2012 at 17:55 #

Wow great collection! He is so daring, wish he would get more love from celebrities, he is so talented.
    Just wondering, is it just me or did you not post the credits for the pictures on this post? Please reply!