Elizabeth Banks In Versace – ‘Man on a Ledge’ New York Screening

Following her appearance on ‘Late Night With David Letterman’, Elizabeth Banks took to the red carpet this evening in New York City for the screening of her new movie, ‘Man on a Ledge.’

The actress donned a sexy Versace Spring 2012 mini dress.

As Elizabeth is very much a Versace girl, having worn the brand on many occasions, I’m not surprised to see her wearing this one-shoulder black dress with intricate black leather and gold H.Sternstudded details with pleated chiffon draping on one side.

I’m obsessed with the sultry makeup and the hair.

She’s totally transformed herself from her earlier look, but I much prefer the heels worn by the model.

I can let the tights slide, but not those booties.

The look was edgy enough without them.

Do you agree?

H.Stern gold Copernicus stud earrings and an Ippolita gold Glamazon ring completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kyra Sedgwick In Reed Krakoff - 'Man on a Ledge' New York Screening

Kyra Sedgwick In Reed Krakoff – ‘Man on a Ledge’ New York Screening

Malin Akerman's Rag & Bone Legging Jeans

Malin Akerman’s Rag & Bone Legging Jeans

21 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Versace – ‘Man on a Ledge’ New York Screening

1. Alina January 20, 2012 at 05:04 #

Hate it. She ruins a beautiful dress.

2. allie January 20, 2012 at 05:07 #

J’adore….

3. Nat39 January 20, 2012 at 05:14 #

She maybe a Versace girl but to me this looks like a mature woman playing dress-up, desperately trying to look edgy, leave it for someone younger. Love the makeup, the booties are an eyesore.

4. mattison January 20, 2012 at 05:43 #

Love it from the hemline up. The strap could have been lopped off and I wouldn’t miss it, though.

5. TeaAtTwo January 20, 2012 at 06:19 #

She’s smouldering had she worn the runway shoes this would have been sexy as hell

6. allieh January 20, 2012 at 06:31 #

Its cold so i understand the choice of tights and booties

7. noo January 20, 2012 at 07:20 #

she was blowing me away until i saw these booties, i can’t allow myself to like it now!

8. Cristina January 20, 2012 at 07:46 #

Hey!! Good Morning!!
    I LOVE YOUR SITE!!I DO but why all your articles are not the same pages??
    i mean that you put all of them in different places and i dont know where to go.
    coud you just write somewhere the news???
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fashion Critic January 20, 2012 at 13:00 #

I don’t understand what you are talking about

9. Emi January 20, 2012 at 08:20 #

Honestly I don’t mind the booties, because I like them with tights. I must say that I like the all outift so much, the dress is edgy and feminine and she looks beautiful.

10. Lola January 20, 2012 at 08:32 #

I love the runwaymodel … She looks like she has som meat on her bones! Creds to Vesace! The dress is not a very good choice for EB somehow it’s too edgy for her?! I think that’s why she tried to tone it down with the tights and the booties? The hair and the makeup is beautiful i agree

11. The Very Simon G January 20, 2012 at 10:54 #

I WANT that dress!!!! x

12. Sammy C January 20, 2012 at 10:56 #

Totally agree. I can also look past the tights (just), but the runway heels are much much better.

13. AW January 20, 2012 at 13:41 #

Uh oh FC you’re getting soft if you’re letting tights slide ;o)

The tights bother me, it looks weird being so “naked” and summer up top then winter on the bottom.

The boots are just silly.

The model works this dress, Elizabeth does not.

14. gurlygurl January 21, 2012 at 01:15 #

This is such a strong sexy look on the runway. The shoulder strap reminds me of a gladiator princess with her bow strung behind her.Unfortunately that power and sex appeal is lost on Elizabeth from the hem down ruining the overall look for me. It’s a waste of a showstopper.

15. Dani January 21, 2012 at 08:24 #

Love this look! From the hem up is so divine, I can accept the rest.

16. 5thsquare.blogspot.com January 22, 2012 at 21:01 #

I relly love the dress but why did she paired it with the tight ! It’s so much better without

17. Parvati January 23, 2012 at 15:50 #

Hey, not too bad. I liked the dress on the runway. I t hink it looks nice on her too, however get rid of those tights! Shoe choice could’ve been better too.

18. bianca January 24, 2012 at 22:15 #

what was the girl above, cristina, trying to say?lol:)
    love the make-up and hair on this occasion for e.banks. but it definitely hurts my eyes to look at those boots and tights.if you’re too cold, than choose a dress that works well with tights and boots.

19. EmmaWoodhouse January 25, 2012 at 02:27 #

This feels like trying too hard to be edgy.

20. ELIZABETH HARTLEY September 1, 2013 at 10:38 #

“Thick Black opaque” Tights should never be worn by anybody ..get rid of them ,everything else is fine , but those damn tights have to go !! take them off and burn them .