Michelle Williams In Chanel – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

Michelle Williams returned to the red carpet for the 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards this evening.

On this occasion she wore a Chanel Resort 2012 dress.

Her classic black and white dress adorned with an embellished belt, may not be the bold colour many of us are hoping to see from Michelle, but her look is very impactful nonetheless.

Michelle’s styling was very simple with a quilted Chanel clutch and Fred Leighton for Forevermark jewels.

A copper lip colour matched her strawberry blonde cropped do.

This gets a huge thumbs up from me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Diane Kruger 'The Bridge' New York Promo Tour

Diane Kruger ‘The Bridge’ New York Promo Tour

Kirsten Dunst In Christian Dior - 2012 Critics' Choice Awards

Kirsten Dunst In Christian Dior – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

17 Responses to Michelle Williams In Chanel – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

1. Mol January 13, 2012 at 03:07 #

Finally, something that makes her look interesting and sexy and not like an abashed little girl. Big thumbs up from me too. Wow, this week’s best dressed is gonna be very crowded.

2. bm January 13, 2012 at 03:17 #

OMG, this is the 2nd best she looked after the vera wang gown, of course.
    since she cut her hair, i’ve become so hard to love her red carpet outings. and suddenly this look came to me and gave me heart attack(in good way).

• jkrau January 13, 2012 at 17:17 #

Ditto! She looks so elegant!

3. Li January 13, 2012 at 05:39 #

Understated, chic, timeless and yet a definte impact. Love it!

4. Jess2 January 13, 2012 at 07:15 #

This is my favourite!! She looks so chic and simply stunning. Love the styling

5. fashion foie gras January 13, 2012 at 09:35 #

I absolutely love this dress on her! in fact… it looks better on her than it does on the runway. That never happens!

6. Nat January 13, 2012 at 10:07 #

I am totally in love with this! It must be the first red carpet Chanel look that I like in a very very long time, I think.
    Elegant, original and classy. BDOTW-worthy, for sure.

7. Jacqu January 13, 2012 at 11:16 #

I usually want a break from her usual neutrals, blacks and creams, but who would’ve thought putting the two together would make her look fantastic? Shes so gorgeous!

8. Jones19 January 13, 2012 at 12:32 #

Classic and timeless, this is a stunning look. Love everything about this.

9. mikeijames January 13, 2012 at 13:16 #

if she looks this good at the critics choice, i can’t imagine how fabulous she will look at the GLOBES!

10. Alina January 13, 2012 at 13:58 #

First gown that I like on her in a looong time.

11. Hannah January 13, 2012 at 15:14 #

She looks great, btu she always makes herself look older than she is. Nothing will ever top the vera WAng mustard gown, so I doubt I will ever fall in love with a gown on Michelle until st has colour. I am praying for the award season.

12. Manja January 13, 2012 at 15:37 #

love it,looks great

13. Leo January 13, 2012 at 17:11 #

In love with this. It’s sexy and fierce yet elegant, beeing still so her style. Is it too early to have a contender for the top 10 best dressed of the year?

14. Parvati January 14, 2012 at 01:24 #

Finally, I’m starting to like Michelle Williams’ style. This look may still have been black and white, but it’s definitely much more interesting than the dresses she’s been wearing over the past few months.

15. smolls January 14, 2012 at 04:32 #

She looks fantastic! I really love this dress on her – much better than the usual choices. I hope this continues.

16. EmmaWoodhouse January 14, 2012 at 22:28 #

This is amazing down to the last detail. Her new hair is a gorgeous shade and I love how she played it with the copper lip! The clutch and the gown together leave me speechless–in a very good way! :)