Menu

September 9, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Deauville American Film Festival wouldn’t be complete without a sighting of Vanessa Paradis.

I was going to say she must be an honorary president at this point, but she is actually the president of the jury for this festival.

On Friday (September 4) in Deauville, France, the French actress joined Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey on the red carpet for the opening ceremony wearing a look from Chanel’s Pre-Fall 2021 collection.

I love the free flowing nature of this colourful dress, which suits her carefree bohemian nature.

The feathers adds a touch of glamour, but on this occasion the tuxedo style pumps didn’t quite work for me.

Mostly because they feel a bit heavy for the delicate nature of the dress, but also the colourway seems at odds with the dress.

I’m looking at the dress, but my pupils keep focusing on the shoes.

Chanel Pre-Fall 2021

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey Wore Chanel To The 2020 Deauville American Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Cate Blanchett Wore Alexander McQueen To The Golden Lion For Lifetime Achievement Award Ceremony

8 Responses to Vanessa Paradis Wore Chanel To The Deauville American Film Festival Opening Ceremony

1. phee September 15, 2020 at 10:53 am #

I like the color but the dress is so limp.
    The shoes are really bad choice….what was she(her stylist) thinking?

2. Hailey September 14, 2020 at 4:22 pm #

I like it so much better on the runway. The styling all together is better than on Vanessa.

3. JHH September 9, 2020 at 10:31 pm #

So sometimes, I have a great pair of shoes that I totally want to wear and a great dress as well but they do not go together at all so I usually drop one but sometimes I just want to be happy and so I wear both. I feel like that is what happened here with Vanessa.

4. Chris September 9, 2020 at 4:08 pm #

I like the colors of the dress and the feathers, but totally agree the shoes aren’t right for this.

5. CN September 9, 2020 at 3:46 pm #

I love the idea behind this, but you’re right: The shoes aren’t the perfect fit here. Maybe a pair of strappy silver stilettos or even a fun punch of red? But they do need to be daintier. The shoes she’s wearing feel like a punch in the face.

I still like it from the ankles up though. She gives off such a cool, effortless vibe.

• anonymous as always September 9, 2020 at 9:30 pm #

I would have loved lilac metalic sandals!

6. TeaAtTwo September 9, 2020 at 3:45 pm #

I like the dress but the shoe choice is baffling and horrendous.

• LJ September 11, 2020 at 11:02 pm #

I get it but they are so crazy they fly