Menu

April 3, 2020

Angelina Jolie’s Top 10 Red Carpet Moments In Black Since 2010

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Angelina Jolie 'Salt' Japan Premiere in Versace

I’m likely to moan when Angelina Jolie wears another black dress, but that feeling usually doesn’t last for long because black is her thing, and the outcome is usually sensational.

Angelina’s red carpet evolution has seen her go from goth to glamour, and during this period she became the ultimate Versace vixen.

Here is a rundown of her her iconic moments in black since 2010.

‘Salt’ Japan Premiere in Versace (2010)

This Versace dress may have been worn 10 years ago, but it’s such a classic that Angelina could still wear it today.  The slit is very high, but found the sexiest part of this look to be the open back.

Angelina Jolie 'Salt' Japan Premiere in Emporio Armani

‘Salt’ LA Premiere in Emporio Armani (2010)

I selected this look because it’s likely to be the last time we will ever see the actress in a micro mini dress.

Angelina Jolie 'The Tourist Berlin Premiere in Versace (2010)

‘The Tourist Berlin Premiere in Versace (2010)

At the time I wasn’t that blown away by this Versace dress, because I’m always yearning for more.  But there is no denying just how sexy this black velvet number is with the extra long opera gloves.

Angelina Jolie In Versace – ‘In the Land of Blood and Honey’ Sarajevo Premiere

‘In the Land of Blood and Honey’ Sarajevo Premiere in Versace – (2012)

This truly magical. Simple, elegant, and nothing but Angelina’s true beauty shining through. I don’t even see Brad in this picture.

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – 2012 Oscars

2012 Oscars in Atelier Versace

Seven days later…this iconic moment happened. Angelina Jolie has always had a reputation of being a vixen, so when you take in just how much fabric there was in this skirt, I kinda understand why she forced the leg here. She wanted to ensure the look was on brand.  Both for herself and Donatella.

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – ‘Maleficent’ World Premiere

‘Maleficent’ World Premiere in Atelier Versace (2014)

If I was numbering these looks rather than putting them in date order, this would be my number 1.  The black strapless Atelier Versace dress looked like leather, but was composed entirely of rubberized silk.  Some likened the look to a trash bag, but as the saying goes, “she could make a trash bag look good,” and she did.

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – ‘Maleficent’ Japan Premiere

‘Maleficent’ Japan Premiere in Atelier Versace (2014)

At the time this LBD didn’t get a lot of love because the focus was mostly on her boobs, but you can’t deny that this look stayed very true to her style; sexy, simple and elegant.

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace- 2018 Golden Globe Awards

2018 Golden Globe Awards in Atelier Versace

At first you want to scream, “boring”, but I was swept away by the old Hollywood glam of this look. Admittedly, the feathers saved this from being a total snooze.

Angelina Jolie In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2018 BAFTAs

2018 BAFTAs in Ralph & Russo Couture

This would be my second favourite. It’s spellbinding.   I could spend hours trying to figure out why this look draws me in like a moth to a flame, as I’m the girl who loves sparkle, modernity and bright colours.

Disney’s D23 Expo 2019 For ‘Maleficent: Mistress of Evil’ in Versace

You may be surprised by this inclusion, but that corset and the sheer elements still send a shiver down my spine.  I adore this dress.

‘Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil’ World Premiere in Atelier Versace

For the first film I didn’t feel that Angelina was trying to embody her character Maleficent. But for the second film it seemed that she was more on board with themed looks that celebrated the movie in a more than just the colour palette.

Credit: Getty

, ,

Spring Awakening: Shop The New Collection at 24S

Spring Awakening: Shop The New Collection at 24S

Rita Ora Wore De La Vali For Her Motivation Monday Instagram Pic

Rita Ora Wore De La Vali For Her Motivation Monday Instagram Pic

25 Responses to Angelina Jolie’s Top 10 Red Carpet Moments In Black Since 2010

1. Libby Angel April 11, 2020 at 10:00 pm #

urgh–minnie mouse shoes–don’t like–brings the whole vibe down a notch

2. Noemi April 9, 2020 at 8:14 am #

Atelier Versace for “Maleficent” world premiere. Then Atelier Versace at the Oscars.
    According to color analysis black is not her color but I think she looks fantastic in black.

3. Catarina_M April 6, 2020 at 2:56 pm #

I’ll go with the Maleficent’ World Premiere in Atelier Versace (2014).

4. veracity April 4, 2020 at 11:41 pm #

Please do top 10 for: Halle Berry, Lupita, Naomie Harris, Zoe Saldana, Gwen Stefani, Michelle Obama and Priyanka Chopra!

5. Lara April 4, 2020 at 7:09 pm #

With respect, you’re missing the black dress with the emerald green earrings

• Kat April 5, 2020 at 4:07 am #

Great look, but that was 2009 Oscars. Catherine’s list is since 2010.

• Lara April 5, 2020 at 7:24 pm #

Oh that’s why! Thanks Kat.

• Catherine Kallon April 6, 2020 at 5:04 pm #

Thanks Cat. Yes. I’m only doing looks from 2010

6. cs April 4, 2020 at 5:22 pm #

Thank you so much for featuring Angelina! And with the specific condition, “in black”, (imho) ensuring that no colorful outfits can sneak in by virtue of being unusual! She may often get comments about being boring, but, this continuous set of photos – with her looking enchanting in every single outfit – is evidence that she can never really be do “same old” if she tried. I found myself looking forward to the next photo.

7. Star April 4, 2020 at 2:37 pm #

Could you consider Top 10s for:

JLo
    Emmy Rossum
    Meghan, DOS
    Sonam Kapoor

8. Xan April 4, 2020 at 12:36 pm #

Love these posts.
    Thank you for not leaving us alone during this time without redcarpet events.

Love the first one (Salt premiere) .I didn’t remember that look but she looks stunning.

9. Tiger Nueng April 4, 2020 at 12:20 pm #

Love her look at the Maleficent’ World Premiere in Atelier Versace (2014)

10. Chris April 4, 2020 at 12:11 pm #

(Can we leave wishes for other Top 10 Posts? haha
    I’d love to see “Top 10” looks of Cate Blanchett, Jessica Chastain, Zoe Saldana, Emma Stone, Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron, Keira Knightley, Tessa Thompson, Sarah Paulson… any of these would make my day :D)

• Tiger Nueng April 4, 2020 at 12:20 pm #

+1 for Nicole Kidman , Charlize and Cate

11. Chris April 4, 2020 at 12:02 pm #

I love you posting this type of content FC, it’s nice and exciting to look back at someone’s top looks over a certain time period.

I love the 2018 Golden Globes and BAFTAs looks and the Maleficent Promo Tour looks.

12. Sharon M April 4, 2020 at 11:17 am #

My #1 is the Salt LA premier, and the second is the 2018 Golden Globes.

13. Nat39 April 4, 2020 at 4:27 am #

O the 2012 Versace “In the land of blood..” Sarajevo premiere is so beautiful, that elegant neckline incredibly flattering.
    I wish she could’ve done better than those repetitive pumps, but she looks absolutely beautiful in her black dresses. The ‘leg moment’ was unfortunate though.

14. JP April 3, 2020 at 10:36 pm #

I was expecting to see Angelina at the Oscars 2009, that Elie Saab dress was magical. No matter what, she always looks at her best wearing black.

• anonymous as always April 4, 2020 at 8:20 am #

+1 yeah, me too. I was scrolling down waiting to see it.. It was such an amazing look! And those earrings!!!

• Alex April 4, 2020 at 12:41 pm #

So was I. And that gorgeous pair of Chopard earring !

• TeaAtTwo April 4, 2020 at 12:58 pm #

The post was about looks since 2010 so that 2009 Oscar look is excluded from this list. But it was a lovely look.

• anonymous as always April 4, 2020 at 6:20 pm #

Yeah, you are right! That’s why it wasn’t included!

15. phee April 3, 2020 at 10:03 pm #

She is so stunningly beautiful. She looks good in all of them.
    That 2018 BAFTAS look is so perfect and my fave for certain. I love how regal she looks.

• Kat April 5, 2020 at 4:13 am #

I know. She is so stunning! I was trying to rank the outfits, but kept getting distracted by her beauty.
      In the end, I decided to scroll so I was just looking at the outfits from the shoulders down! :p
      Doing that, I think her best outfits were 2018 Baftas and 2012 Sarajevo Salt & Honey premiere. I think the best hair/beauty looks were 2012 Oscars and 2010 Berlin Salt premiere.
      Loved this list. Thanks Catherine!

16. Memo April 3, 2020 at 9:48 pm #

She always looks stunning in black ? and I never forget her Elie Saab black gown with the emerald earrings from 2009 Academy Awards