Menu

March 9, 2020

I know I’ve said this a few times, but the Commonwealth Day Service, which was held at Westminster Abbey today (March 9) in London, is the Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Harry, Duke of Sussex, final event as senior members of the royal family – I think.

Does anyone feel like we’ve been punked? As Meghan appeared resplendent again, this time in all green as she smiled and waved at the crowd who had gathered to see the royals as they entered the Abbey.

Some might find the cape on the Emilia Wickstead Fall 2020 dress a little distracting, and I wouldn’t argue, but I love the glamour it brings to the look.

A matching hat by William Chambers, her favourite Gabriela Hearst ‘Demi’ bag completed the gorgeous in green trifecta, with Birks ‘Snowstorm’ earrings and nude Aquazzura pumps providing the finishing touch.

The Sussex’s continued to co-ordinate – this time subtly – with Harry’s suit lined to match his wife’s dress.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , ,

Eiza Gonzalez Wore Brandon Maxwell To The 'Bloodshot'  LA Photocall

Eiza Gonzalez Wore Brandon Maxwell To The ‘Bloodshot’ LA Photocall

Rosamund Pike Wore Alexander McQueen To The 'Radioactive' London Premiere

Rosamund Pike Wore Alexander McQueen To The ‘Radioactive’ London Premiere

26 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore Emilia Wickstead To The Commonwealth Day Service 2020

1. Maya_S March 10, 2020 at 6:19 am #

She looks great! Love everything.

2. Guest March 10, 2020 at 5:11 am #

I find the cape quite silly, looks strangulating the way it gathers around the neck.

3. Isabela March 10, 2020 at 2:45 am #

She looks incredible during this tour, maybe she has finally been allowed to dress what she wants since she left

4. alvarospain March 10, 2020 at 12:31 am #

For me, this dress is the best one from all she has worn these days.

5. Guest March 9, 2020 at 10:46 pm #

She is certainly going out with a bang

6. Guest March 9, 2020 at 10:36 pm #

This is Joan Collins cosplay and I AM HERE FOR IT

7. IDfc301 March 9, 2020 at 10:13 pm #

The colour & outfit gives me 80s power move vibes in a good way – that bag is just the cutest too. Harry always looks good in blue and this shade is no different on him.

8. JR March 9, 2020 at 9:12 pm #

“most stupidest”?!
    I cant think of anything more awful than a green suit for any occasion on any man.

9. Guest March 9, 2020 at 9:07 pm #

The dress itself? Meh, but BIG fan of the cape.

10. Guest March 9, 2020 at 8:21 pm #

She looks lovely even if fit is a little off. I wonder what their post royal life will look like fashion wise. Hope we dont have to wait too long.

11. Guest March 9, 2020 at 8:03 pm #

I love her style, but for me the fit is always off

12. Originalmeme March 9, 2020 at 7:14 pm #

I love the half cape and color. Wish the dress fit better.

13. Guest March 9, 2020 at 6:46 pm #

Love the outfit, the colour looks lovely on her and the cape on her takes on a Sloaney superhero vibe. These latest outfits have been what I had been hoping from her when she joined. When you mentioned that her unhappiness may have caused her to slide on the sartorial front, I rather agree.

14. Los_NGLS March 9, 2020 at 6:21 pm #

Wow!
    The internet tells me this is their very last event (?), and what an exit it is! One last British designer, one last cape, and one last bit of united coordination.0
    One last piece of armor.

I would’ve taken 3 inches off the hem, done a different shoe (maybe dark green?), and I think I’ve decided I hate fascinators, but even with all that, I couldn’t have asked for a better goodbye!

Long live the Sussexes!

15. Guest March 9, 2020 at 6:17 pm #

I feel that while the style is beautiful and the color is captivating, the fit is off… from the chest to the waist and the length of the sleeves combined with the too high neckline – it is just not a home run from me, even though much improved from prior to announcing departure plans from The Firm.

16. Guest March 9, 2020 at 6:11 pm #

Love this! My theory is that before, she felt she had to dress “less than”, in order to not stand out too much, draw too much attention or compete with others in the family (there’s no way she isn’t aware of how much attention she and Harry draw). These final looks to me are saying “Now I can finally be myself!”

17. Red Carpet Fashion Awards March 9, 2020 at 6:04 pm #

Yes, you are right. I had to deliberately pick a picture with her head up as she appeared to have no neck in some pictures.

18. KseniaBradner March 9, 2020 at 6:04 pm #

I love that Meghan is wearing a lot of color. I just wish the fit and bag was better. Meghan is way too trendy with her bags.

19. Paola102 March 9, 2020 at 6:01 pm #

I like this. The colour suits her and the cape gives the look a bit of drama.
    She looks really good.

20. Catarina_M March 9, 2020 at 5:52 pm #

Meghan had the best run since “Suits”. I’m loving this “post royal” looks.

21. Guest March 9, 2020 at 5:52 pm #

The cape makes the look. In some shots, with the wind blowing, she looked like a superhero.

22. Guest March 9, 2020 at 5:43 pm #

I really like the dress and the color, but the cape part, with the high neck and the hat seem too much, like she has no neck, so not 100% sure about the whole look to be honest,

23. Guest March 9, 2020 at 5:37 pm #

I’m in love with this look. I love the cape. In another photo from the side, the wind picks it up and the effect is pure glamour and dash! This has a slight feel of 1920’s with the hat and the cape. It’s just divine in color and style. I think Meghan has got her groove back. She is radiant!

24. Guest March 9, 2020 at 5:31 pm #

She looks fab, even her makeup has been much more pronounced this week. She always favored soft makeup but now it’s heavier and I love it

25. Guest March 9, 2020 at 5:29 pm #

Not as perfect as the red one but still stunning. She proves royal glamour can be something else than coat dresses.
    i’ll rank this one 2nd after the red and before the blue
    she knows how to pull a royal tour. I just wonder now if the price tag left on her dress last year was not deliberated but we’ll never know.
    I’ll be looking for her next appearance (hope the wait is not too long)

26. allezfred March 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm #

The green lining in Harry’s jacket is the most stupidest thing I’ve ever seen even for British male royals. (Matching ties #vom) Will the monarchy topple if he wears an actual green suit? The most boringly dressed men in the world. Tired of all this manufactured drama. The oldest running soap opera.