Menu

February 10, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Zuhair Murad Couture @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

kerry washington in zuhair murad couture 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Zuhair Murad had the honour of dressing six gorgeous women for the 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party on Sunday (February 10) in LA.

Kerry Washington:  The ‘Scandal’ star has been knocking looks out of the ballpark left right and centre lately.

She was giving me Iman in Michael Jackson’s ‘Remember The Time’ with this Egyptian inspired sun-coloured two-piece ensemble featuring a pencil skirt and a long sleeved crop, both inlaid with multi-colour Egyptian motif jewels from Zuhair Murad’s Spring 2020 Couture collection.

I had pictured this on Lupita, but I’m falling hard for this look with Kerry.

Looking every inch a style queen, the actress completed her look with Sophia Webster ‘Nicole’ sandals and Azza Fahmy jewels.

This was easily one of my favourite looks of the entire night.

Zuhair Murad Spring 2020 Couture
Kate Beckinsale Zuhair Murad Couture Zuhair Murad Couture

Kate Beckinsale:  The British actress was never going to disappoint at this event.  She looked radiant her Zuhair Murad Fall 2019 Couture ruby beaded gown.

Yes, the silhouette is nothing new. But I’ve never been mad at her signature style because she keeps things interesting within her playing field, and because the few times she has stepped outside her comfort zone, it hasn’t really worked.

Yvan Tufenkjian earrings completed the look.

Zuhair Murad Fall 2019 Couture
Betty Gilpin  in Zuhair Murad 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Betty Gilpin:  The ‘Glow’ star was glowing on the red carpet wearing a magenta fully embroidered gown with beaded fringe in from the Zuhair Murad Pre-Fall 2019 collection, but my irrational fear of belly buttons is preventing me from loving this. .

Stuart Weitzman ‘Merinda’ sandals and a matching Tyler Ellis clutch provided the finishing touches.

Zuhair Murad Pre-Fall 2019
Candice Swanepoel in Zuhair Muard  Couture - 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Candice Swanepoel:  When it comes to this Zuhair Murad Spring 2019 Couture blue sequinned jumpsuit with large train, it was always  going to take a supermodel to sell it to me.

This look had the potential to feel rather dated in the wrong hands, so kudos to Candice, and those legs for selling this look to me.

René Caovilla ‘Treccia’ embellished sandals and sustainable, lab-grown diamond drop earrings by Anabela Chan and a diamond coil bracelet by Mattia Cielo.

Zuhair Murad Spring 2020 Couture
Lake Bell Zuhair Muard - 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Lake Bell:  The actress has always looked good in black, the colour suits her mysterious nature.  I was drawn in but sheerness and the detailing of this Zuhair Murad Resort 2020 gown.

Messika jewels, a Roger Vivier ‘Bracelet RV’ clutch and Roger Vivier Queen sandals completed her look.

Zuhair Murad Resort 2020
Elizabeth Chambers  in Zuhair Murad 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Elizabeth Chambers:   It’s not common for Elizabeth reach for a fully adorned gown, but she jumped in feet first with this Zuhair Murad Fall 2019 Couture gown featuring leopard motifs and a feathered hemline.

Chopard jewels and a Jimmy Choo ‘Carmen’ clutch completed her look.

Zuhair Murad Fall 2019 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Vivienne Westwood @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Vivienne Westwood @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Aubrey Plaza's Alexander McQueen Two-Tone Draped Blazer

Aubrey Plaza’s Alexander McQueen Two-Tone Draped Blazer

40 Responses to Zuhair Murad Couture @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Guest February 17, 2020 at 4:42 pm #

I’m not seeing why Candice’s outfit got praise on social media. Candice’s outfit looks like an 40s bathing suit that’s been covered in sequins with a sash and train added over it.

2. Guest February 17, 2020 at 1:32 pm #

If Tracee’s look was bad Ancient Egyptian influenced dress than Kerry’s is awesome version of Ancient Egyptian influence dressing.

3. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 14, 2020 at 12:36 am #

You are so sweet. Yes, the Oscars was a bit of a let down. Let’s hope things improve for the met gala and cannes

4. Phee phee February 13, 2020 at 12:18 am #

Kerry and Kate look terrific.
    Im definitely not so excited by Kerrys look that others seem to be. Its pattern is cool but It a pretty standard silhouette.
    the rest are dated or ugly.

5. Guest February 12, 2020 at 10:35 pm #

Kerry and Kate both look amazing in their dresses. Also, I wanted to say I’m loving this way of grouping together all the stars dressed by the same designer into one post, it’s very fun and interesting to read!

6. Guest February 12, 2020 at 10:04 pm #

What else is there to say about Kerry’s look, but that it is a work of art?

7. MissCoco February 12, 2020 at 11:18 am #

I’d like to see Zendaya wearing Kerry’s look. When I saw it on the runway I pictured Zendaya right away. Kerry looks great too!

8. Noor February 12, 2020 at 5:51 am #

Couldn’t have recognized Candice if there’s no mention of her name.

Kerry came first with that mind blowing change. I think it’s her personal best after so many ups & down. I’d love to see her in person with it. An an easy nomination for BDOTY. Can’t say how much I’m in love with the idea.

9. Guest February 11, 2020 at 7:23 pm #

Kerry looks fabulous. Her simple beauty look prevents this from feeling costumey.
    Kate’s dress is beautiful! I am glad her ponytail is nowhere in sight.
    Something is bothering me with Lake’s look…her earrings? I don’t know.
    Betty looks really good as well.

10. Guest February 11, 2020 at 5:51 pm #

Kerry and her stylist are on steroids lately. This look is straight 🔥. I even like the length of the skirt. Keeps everything fresh.
    Kate looks nice but predictable. Betty needed better styling.
    Candice tried but the piece itself does nothing for me. Just because one adds a giant pile of fabric to a playsuit doesn’t make it great.

11. Guest February 11, 2020 at 10:09 am #

I am pretty positive Tracee Ellis Ross was also wearing Zuhair Murad Spring 2020 Couture at the Vanity Fair After Oscars party

12. Guest February 11, 2020 at 8:38 am #

I was left feeling very underwhelmed by the main event. Too many people trying to do something (different/edgy/new) where’s the Oscars full out glam gone lol then here comes Kerry

13. Guest February 11, 2020 at 7:40 am #

Kerry wins it here! One of the best dressed of the night! (I could also see this at the Met Ball Gala). In the hands of a lesser designer, all the colors and patterns would have looked like a hot mess, but Zuhair Murad did a great job with the ethnic vibe, while making it all look high end. Love Kerry’s styling, esp the hair.
    I am a fan of Betty’s and really like this gown on her – the color looks fabulous on her – but like others pointed out, she should have kept the belt.

14. Guest February 11, 2020 at 7:33 am #

You hit the nail right on the head. I love this gown on her, but the improvements you suggested would have made it even better.

15. Guest February 11, 2020 at 6:28 am #

I almost laughed out loud at work over the belly button comment! And I can’t help but agree with the comment on Kate – if she looks this beautiful in her comfort zone, I’m for it.

16. Guest February 11, 2020 at 6:25 am #

Kerry for the win!
    One of the best at the afterparties.

Kate and Betty (I love the color but wish for the cleavage to be more ‘closed’) also look good.

As for Candice – only the color and her long legs look good here.

17. Guest February 11, 2020 at 5:50 am #

I almost like all the looks here except perhaps Candice’s which is loooking disjointed. I wouldn’t have minded if she had just kept to the shorts and she would have carried it off. But am much intrigued by her lab-grwon earrings. If i can ever afford diamonds at least i can avoid feeling guilty. The colour on Betty is superb and she would have been one of the best of the night had she added earrings. I like Kerry’s, don’t love it though. The same pattern throught makes it a little loud for me. Love her top so if the skirt was a bit toned down, it would have been a win for me.

18. IDfc301 February 11, 2020 at 2:46 am #

Kerry has been killing it lately – feels like her old self & early Scandal days with her recent attempts. This bdoty talk even though a teeeeeny part of me wishes to see it full length, but I think the two-piece adds to the ancient-Egyptian vibe.

19. IDfc301 February 11, 2020 at 2:42 am #

This! Came to comment the same thing. This was by FAR the WORST Oscar fashion in at least a decade, if not more. I find fashion a lot more consistent these days compared to 90s and early 00s but this year was like a major step back in time. It feels like the style here is becoming as irrelevant as the Academy itself – outdated and not daring!

Kerry, Kiki, Diane, Hunter will be far more memorable than anything at the main event & so many stars continually choose better after-party attire (why bother having two?!)

I want to APOLOGISE to you Catherine, you don’t deserve such poor quality content for the TIME you put into this site & season for us. I pray the MET & Cannes do you proud this year.

20. Guest February 11, 2020 at 2:15 am #

Kerry saved the oscars

21. Guest February 11, 2020 at 2:06 am #

I’ll join the minority here but, I think Kerry’s dress is a bit too long. Betty’s dress might have been better if she had kept the belt so we could void that unfortunate seam. I guess these are better than what we saw on the RC, but most are some ole and tending to dated.

22. Guest February 11, 2020 at 1:10 am #

Love Kerry’s outfit! However, i do wish her hair were up with this neckline

23. Guest February 11, 2020 at 12:12 am #

Kerry Washington is killing this look. Love it!

24. Guest February 10, 2020 at 11:52 pm #

One can never fail wearing ZM. Very nice looks all of them.

25. Guest February 10, 2020 at 11:09 pm #

OMG Betty!!!!!!! The color and cut are divine on you!!!!! However, you should have kept the belt and lined over the belly button!

26. Guest February 10, 2020 at 11:01 pm #

Lake Bell is certainly the best here if not one of the best of the night. BDOTW. Kerry Washington also blew me away.

27. Guest February 10, 2020 at 10:39 pm #

Def in the minority here. But I am not a fan of Kerry’s look. Had the dress been a column dress, sleeveless and the same print as the skirt was on the top part of the dress, and the dress an inch longer, it would been awesome. I do like her sapphire ring.

28. Guest February 10, 2020 at 10:36 pm #

They all look really good.

29. Catarina_M February 10, 2020 at 10:29 pm #

Kerry looks superb. Easily the best dressed of the night.
    Betty needed the belt to hide that sew on the waist.

30. Guest February 10, 2020 at 10:23 pm #

Kerry Washington is the best Zuhair Murad in a long while.

Kate Beckinsale’s red is classic Kate but very nice. I like Lake Bell in that black gown only because it doesn’t really look like a Zuhair Murad gown; it actually has mystery and it covers where it should.

I adore Betty Gilpin, so I have irrational hopes for her style beyond the cold facts of its evident basicness. I’m just saying, Betty deserves better and she isn’t asking for it.

31. _Hannah_ February 10, 2020 at 10:15 pm #

Kerry wins for me. Amazing, colourful, fierce look.

32. Originalmeme February 10, 2020 at 10:02 pm #

Kerry looks amazing. Betty’s dress is so unflattering. I find Candice’s outfit dated and kind of tacky. I don’t find Lake Bell mysterious and her dress is just ok. Love Elizabeth Chambers dress.

33. Guest February 10, 2020 at 10:00 pm #

Loving the ethnic feel of Kerry’s look too! If I were to suggest someone else, I would like to see it on Naomi Harris probably. But Kerry looks cute, one of the best of the night, agreed. And the ruby gown on Kate is beautiful, perfect for her.

34. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 10, 2020 at 9:51 pm #

She’s on my list

35. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 10, 2020 at 9:50 pm #

1000%

36. Guest February 10, 2020 at 9:50 pm #

Stunning looks here except for Betty Gilpin’s unfortunate belly button peek-a-boo look.

37. Guest February 10, 2020 at 9:40 pm #

Almost all of these looks are better than what I saw at the main event with a few exceptions. In any event, “YAAAAAAS SIS” to Kerry, superb. Agreed, one of the best of the night.

38. CharlotteLG February 10, 2020 at 9:40 pm #

BDOTnight for Kerry Washington

39. Guest February 10, 2020 at 9:40 pm #

OMG – Kerry Washington killed it! Definitely the best of the evening. Dare I say, a BDOTY contender. My jaw is on the floor with her look.

40. Guest February 10, 2020 at 9:38 pm #

Kate Beckinsale looks great, her best look lately for sure.