Menu

February 10, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Givenchy Haute Couture @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Hunter Schafer in Givenchy Haute Couture - The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Givenchy presented one Haute Couture and two ready to wear look on the red carpet for the 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party on Sunday (February 10) in LA.

Hunter Schafer:  After a few looks which were leading me to believe that perhaps Hunter had lost, or was turning her back on what gave her an edge; she hits us with this Givenchy Spring 2019 Haute Couture look.

The multicolour dress embroidered with organza tubes, silver sequins and pearl fringe, feels like it belongs on a stage such as the Met Gala following a theme.

But that is what has always attracted me to Hunter’s style.  There are no rules.  Just a love of fashion that thinks outside the box and dares to be different.

Givenchy Spring 2019 Haute Couture
Mia Goth in Givenchy 2020 vanity fair party.jpg

Mia Goth:  The ‘Suspiria’ actress has enjoyed a very good relation with the house of Givenchy

All black everything is the British actress’ usual M.O., but on this occasion she mixed things up by pairing a powdery pink satin bra with black leather tube skirt from the Spring 2020 collection.

I can’t say this is my favourite look from Mia due to the fit of the bra, and the overall washed-out feeling.

Givenchy Spring 2020
Abigail Spencer in Givenchy - The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Abigail Spencer:  I was under the impression that there was a select few who were allowed into the House of Givenchy, but Abigail proved that theory worn wearing a look from the Spring 2020 ready to wear collection.

At 1.65m (5ft 5in), the style of this empire-waist black and white dress with crystal flower embroideries could have worked against Abigail had it not been tailored accordingly, but she’s actually looking very statuesque here.

Givenchy Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Elie Saab Haute Couture @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party & Oscars

Elie Saab Haute Couture @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party & Oscars

Vivienne Westwood @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Vivienne Westwood @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

26 Responses to Givenchy Haute Couture @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Guest February 17, 2020 at 1:27 pm #

I loved on the runway but didn’t expect to see Hunter’s look being worn on the red carpet so I’m ecstatic to see it being worn.

2. Phee phee February 13, 2020 at 12:21 am #

Hunter looks ridiculous. that is one ugly ugly dress.
    Mias is bad also.

3. Guest February 12, 2020 at 5:45 am #

Like Hunter’s outfit. Even for a hunter it’s alluring. But others made me disappointed. I was thinking I’m in the best dressed event of the year.

4. JohnM219 February 11, 2020 at 6:07 pm #

Truly not sure how Abagail got her hands on that SS20 dress

5. Sharon M February 11, 2020 at 12:08 pm #

I really don’t like Hunter’s dress…looks like an arts and crafts project. And…what is that expression?

I confess…I had no idea who she was…had to look her up.

6. Guest February 11, 2020 at 7:19 am #

Hunter Schafer looked the best here. The dress is a bit wild and out there, but it works and looks fun, although like you said, it probably would have been more fitting for the Met Ball Gala. Her face needed more color – maybe a bright lip color or something, as it looks out of place with that gown.
    The bra color on Mia Goth’s look does not work with her skin tone and looks much better on the runway model. As it is, she looks almost topless – yikes!

7. Guest February 11, 2020 at 6:30 am #

10/10 for Givenchy, all 10 going to Hunter’s dress.

8. Guest February 11, 2020 at 6:22 am #

The threadwork on hunter’s look is a little overdone for me. Without the threads on the neck it would have been a killer. And maybe a slightly brighter shade of lipstick. Head up Abhigail looks great otherwise the dress makes her look pregnant.

9. Guest February 10, 2020 at 11:03 pm #

Love Hunter. The others are awful for them.

10. Guest February 10, 2020 at 10:43 pm #

I have been following this blog for a few years now and in all these years, the dresses have seemed to me to be a repeat in one form or an other. It’s always the diaphanous materials, sequins and architectural dresses. Hunter’s dress has broken that. It’s dresses like these that take fashion forward. I hope this breaks the cycle of sheer-sequin-sconce like looks and heralds us into a new age of fashion. And for that reason, her look wins.

11. Catarina_M February 10, 2020 at 10:39 pm #

Hunter looks amazing: the look is fresh and fun. Love it.
    Mia looks better than Kaia but it’s a bad look, nonetheless.

12. Guest February 10, 2020 at 10:38 pm #

I never reallyt liked Givenchy, not my house but these are all terrible to me.

13. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 10, 2020 at 9:52 pm #

Same. It would also look great on Cate

14. Guest February 10, 2020 at 9:33 pm #

When Hunter allows her clothes to do her edge for her, her beauty and hair is best. I LOVE this Givenchy Couture on her, and her clean styling.

Abigail Spencer perfectly carried and styled her gown. Both Hunter and Abigail did the brand proud.

15. alvarospain February 10, 2020 at 9:05 pm #

Abigail’s dress is better on her than on the model! ??

16. Claudia The Critic February 10, 2020 at 9:00 pm #

Don’t care for any of these looks ??‍♀️

17. Guest February 10, 2020 at 7:59 pm #

I would kill to see Hunter’s dress on Cate Blanchett…but Hunter also gives it a fair outing. Her makeup feels too washed out for such a bold dress though.

18. Guest February 10, 2020 at 7:55 pm #

Hunter’s look is really fun. I saw some pics where she was definitely loving what she wore, which adds to the appeal. The other looks on this page are not good.

19. Guest February 10, 2020 at 7:54 pm #

Hunter is ready for Mardi Gras or Halloween. Mia looks better in that outfit than Kaia but I still don’t like it. Abigail’s dress is ugly.

20. Guest February 10, 2020 at 7:52 pm #

HUNTER!!!!! Now that’s what I want to see on the red carpet at the Oscars! Something fresh, new, exciting! Thank you!!

21. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 10, 2020 at 7:51 pm #

Me too

22. _Hannah_ February 10, 2020 at 7:39 pm #

Hunter’s look is like a breath of the fresh air – so fun and modern.
    Abigail’s… the proportions are so off. Not a good look.

23. Guest February 10, 2020 at 7:21 pm #

Me too! Straight to my BDOTY-list.

24. Guest February 10, 2020 at 7:18 pm #

I think Hunter definitely has the personality to pull that look off!

25. natgurl February 10, 2020 at 7:07 pm #

OBSESSED with Hunter’s look. ?

26. Guest February 10, 2020 at 7:02 pm #

Hunter is more festival in Rio, don’t like the little white bra part on Abigail.