Menu

January 9, 2020

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore Reiss & Massimo Dutti To Visit Canada House

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore Reiss & Massimo Dutti To Visit Canada House

Before the Sussex’s dropped yesterday’s bombshell, the couple paid a visit to Canada House in London on Monday (January 7), to thank officials for their country’s hospitality, as the couple had spent the holidays on Vancouver Island.

Meghan’s outfit was a chic mixture of season appropriate tans and rich browns.

My favourite part of this look is her Reiss ‘Sabel’ coat, but I opted for a picture without it, as it obscured the rest of her look which included a tan Massimo Dutti turtleneck, and a deep brown satin midi skirt by the same designer.

If I had one critique, I wish that her Jimmy Choo ‘Romy’ pumps were leather rather than velvet, but the colour may appear off due to the flash photography.

As you know I love it when the Duchess explores colour.

This earth-toned ensemble reminded of her colourful looks back in October.

Now that Meghan is about to step into her new found independence,  I’m very much intrigued to see how/if this will affect her style.

As she will be “independent” from the royal family, those rules and protocols – I’m assuming – will no longer apply.

That doesn’t mean we’re likely to see her step out in Balmain, or Iris van Herpen – or does it?

Credit: Getty

, , , , ,

Billy Porter's Gucci Double For The 'Like A Boss' World Premiere & 2020 National Board Of Review Gala

Billy Porter’s Gucci Double For The ‘Like A Boss’ World Premiere & 2020 National Board Of Review Gala

Tika Sumpter Wore Acler To The ABC All Star Party

Tika Sumpter Wore Acler To The ABC All Star Party

42 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore Reiss & Massimo Dutti To Visit Canada House

1. AG January 13, 2020 at 4:38 am #

She looks beautiful and so happy, but I am distracted by the pit stains. A pair of dress shields would serve her well.

2. Dhppy January 10, 2020 at 8:16 pm #

I like her outfit. I wonder if Harry will pull back on the suits now that his role is changing?

As for the stepping back on Royal duties. At first I was heartbroken, but I understand. If they didn’t do something, they’d be hounded until Prince William’s children were old enough to draw the press’ attention – especially Princess Charlotte and any women the Princes will date, because the press scrutiny is sexist to the core. Why settle in for 20 more years of abuse if they can find an exit?

3. Guest January 10, 2020 at 12:16 pm #

She looks chic, relaxed and season appropriate. I love the rich colous. Nice look

4. Guest January 10, 2020 at 12:08 pm #

A fine declaration of Independence, go Meghan and Harry. Harry’s suit fits impeccably from shoulders to hem and I love Meghan’s melange of caramel milk chocolate and toffee tones. Her shoes in other pics look like a gorgeous Merlot/deep burgundy, which I quite like. Her coat game is back to its best.

5. Guest January 10, 2020 at 6:21 am #

Love this look head to toe.

6. EloiseH January 10, 2020 at 2:06 am #

After all the bullying and racism, they deserve all the happiness in the world. I’m happy and cheering for them.

7. MissHebble January 9, 2020 at 5:22 pm #

This is the happiest and most relaxed they’ve looked in ages. Live and let live, say I. That said I feel a bit sorry for the poor queen. Like she hasn’t got enough on her plate with Andrew and our ridiculous government 🙁

8. Los_NGLS January 9, 2020 at 4:21 pm #

“Or does it?” !!!

What a time!

Look at that healthy cutting-people-out-of-their-life glow they both have ?❤️

• Los_NGLS January 9, 2020 at 4:24 pm #

Also, thank you for bringing the emojis back to desktop commenting Catherine! I cannot fully communicate without them ?

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 10, 2020 at 6:07 pm #

thank you for your comments. Always funny or insightful

• Los_NGLS January 10, 2020 at 7:57 pm #
  9. Vizual Ninja January 9, 2020 at 3:21 pm #

I’m glad they’ve escaped and hope they live peaceful and happy lives. People are just mad now because they no longer have someone to bully. As for the outfit, the mix of browns work well here, I’m always hesitant about trying those silk skirts. I agree about the shoes.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 9, 2020 at 7:09 pm #

I have tried to make these skirts work so many times. I remember Topshop had them in different colours last summer, but they never sit right on my hips.

• Vizual Ninja January 9, 2020 at 11:47 pm #

Ditto! Not just my hips but my everything when I tried it lol

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 10, 2020 at 12:16 am #

LOL.. so true

10. Guest January 9, 2020 at 3:21 pm #

Her Smile!

11. Guest January 9, 2020 at 3:03 pm #

I have never commented on any of your posts till now, tough I have been following you for better part of 3 years. I am so happy that you understand their need to be on their own. The world of today is not of Kingdoms or of Monarchies, But of Humanity. That is what is more important, that is what makes the basis of everything, be human.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 10, 2020 at 12:14 am #

Thanks for your quiet support

Before this announcement I felt a move away from public life was the only real course of action following that interview where she broke down. They were struggling. And it was very sad to see.

Like Lily said, “dammed if you do, dammed if your don’t “. At least now things will be on their terms.

12. Dominos January 9, 2020 at 2:06 pm #

I agree about the shoes but the look overall is a win for me. I loved the shirt and trouser look she wore the next day as well. I think her confidence is back and i’m really happy for both of them.

I honestly don’t understand how anyone can criticize the desire to be idependent – financially and otherwise. I also wonder if their critics base decisions they make in thier own lives on how it will effect their grandma?

The real question for me is do they end up in Toronto or Vancouver?

13. Originalmeme January 9, 2020 at 1:51 pm #

The outfit is fine but Meghan and Harry’s behavior is appalling.

• Guest January 9, 2020 at 7:17 pm #

I don’t follow these two outside of this blog so I ask. What have they done that is appalling?

• Guest January 11, 2020 at 5:57 pm #

A lot of people are appalled at her insane spending on clothes since they are funded by the taxpayer. There’s also talk of her isolating Harry from the rest of his family (she also has a history of ditching people when they are no longer useful). It’s not like this woman didn’t know what institution she was marrying into. She didn’t work with the Firm. Yes, royals are famous, but they aren’t celebrities in the typical sense. They are essentially to be ambassadors and philanthropists. They also preached environmentalism and yet take private jets. From all sources, it seems the family wanted to work with her and help her adapt, but she’d rather do it her way.

14. Guest January 9, 2020 at 1:50 pm #

After all that has been thrown at her, I cannot fault thier decision at all. It’s one of those cases of “damned if you do, damned if you dont”. She will receive backlash if even if she stays or goes. This way they might be able to salvage thier self respect. Good on them. Love the outfit here, but the smile was everything for me on that outing, she looked happier. I don’t think she’ll shake things up in the fashion department, probably just some stapless gowns or might shake things in the makeup department.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 9, 2020 at 2:17 pm #

I agree about the smile.

It reminded me of the moment Nicole Kidman divorced from Tom Cruise

• Guest January 9, 2020 at 6:50 pm #

Same. I don’t expect major changes clothes wise. But I do think/hope she’ll go back to her pre-BRF makeup style. It was much sultrier and more playful.

• JasLinds January 10, 2020 at 1:29 am #

Hahahaha this is amazing

• Guest January 10, 2020 at 8:26 pm #

I think Meghan’s always kept her self respect and dignity. Just the large sections media and just society have a8holes towards her since the beginning of Harry and her’s relationship.

15. Catarina_M January 9, 2020 at 1:47 pm #

I like it, I’m a little bothered with the shoes but I’ll let it pass.

16. Guest January 9, 2020 at 12:19 pm #

This outfit is good ( except the shoes)but i still feel a bit annoyed with this lady right now.

17. Guest January 9, 2020 at 12:15 pm #

I hope Meghan gets US Vogue cover interview. A Michelle, Amal & Meghan cover would be epic too.

• Guest January 9, 2020 at 2:19 pm #

That will send the bigots out of their minds! ?
      Ok now, I WANT that cover like RIGHT NOW!??

• Guest January 9, 2020 at 4:19 pm #

I’m sorry, I like Meghan but…Michelle Obama is an important political figure, a U.S. First Lady and bestselling author. Amal Clooney is a barrister specializing in international human rights. I think Meghan has some work to do to be in the same tier as these incredibly accomplished women.

• Guest January 9, 2020 at 4:51 pm #

I’m not putting people in tiers. Vogue puts people who are part a significant cultural moment on the covers. Hell, they put darn Melania Trump on the cover just for a wedding day. Meghan more than qualifies for to be on a cover and interview post senior royal life could be very interesting.

• Dominos January 9, 2020 at 4:54 pm #

Michelle Obama is the spouse of an important political figure and author, Meghan is the spouse of an important international figure and an actress. What is the difference exactly?

• Guest January 12, 2020 at 3:48 am #

It’s not race. It’s insane spending and not being able to handle the critique. The Brits were welcoming. Her engagement photo dress cost more than some people’s homes.

18. Guest January 9, 2020 at 12:14 pm #

I quite like the shoes with this outfit, they work with the rest of the look but also noteworthy enough of to be noticed.

19. CharlotteLG January 9, 2020 at 12:09 pm #

This colors work really well on her.
    I agree with you about the shoes, but it’s minor.

20. Guest January 9, 2020 at 12:07 pm #

Best decision both of them ever made imho. Fashion wise, I hope she gets to explore more and have more fun now that they will skip the boredom that is being a Royal.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 9, 2020 at 12:56 pm #

For their own sanity, peace of mind and for their child, I 100% agree.

• Guest January 9, 2020 at 2:17 pm #

It’s not worth losing one’s life. Harry wants and deserves a regular life that his late mother was longing for. As long as they don’t depend on the taxpayers, they should life as they wish. I am happy for them. Somehow, I think Prince William wishes he could swap his life with Harry but cannot.

• Guest January 9, 2020 at 10:21 pm #

Do you actually believe they will have a ‘regular life’ or will be like some (many) other American celebrities?

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 10, 2020 at 12:10 am #

they will never have a regular life, but they will be under a lot less pressure.