Menu

January 8, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Rose Byrne Wore Alexis Mabille Haute Couture To The ‘Like A Boss’ LA Premiere

Rose Byrne Wore Alexis Mabille Haute Couture To The 'Like A Boss' LA Premiere

Rose Byrne attends the Paramount Pictures’ ‘Like A Boss’ world premiere held at the SVA Theater on Tuesday (January 7) in New York City.

The actress opened her 2020 account wearing a gorgeous pink gown from the Spring 2019 Haute Couture collection of Alexis Mabille.

Alexis Mabille is known for his love of creating the most luxurious tuxedo gown.

Back in 2013 Dita von Tesse wore a long-sleeve version to the Global Gift Gala, and in 2015, Lea Seydoux wore the white version for her ‘Spectre’ Copenhagen premiere.

So I was delighted to see this classic get an strapless and colourful update.

I love how Rose injected some modernity to keep the look current with her emerald accessories including embellished bow accented sandals and a Bienen-Davis Régine textured patent-leather and gold-dipped tote.

Earrings by Nouvel Heritage and a Lydia Courteille ring completed her look.

Alexis Mabille Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Taraji P. Henson Wore Preen by Thornton Bregazzi To The FOX Winter TCA All Star Party

Lupita Nyong'o Wore Valentino To The 2019 New York Film Critics Circle Awards

Lupita Nyong’o Wore Valentino To The 2019 New York Film Critics Circle Awards

22 Responses to Rose Byrne Wore Alexis Mabille Haute Couture To The ‘Like A Boss’ LA Premiere

1. Paola102 January 13, 2020 at 7:53 pm #

The dress could look so luxurious. Here Rose seem to not like it too much. And the green is a bit too harsh with the pink.

2. Guest January 11, 2020 at 1:02 pm #

I agree with others about her presence, but clothes-wise this might be my BDOTW. Without the OTT shoes this would look too sweet for me. They make it tongue-and-cheek to me and it works.

3. Guest January 11, 2020 at 1:20 am #

I love the color of the dress, and almost love the style. My overall impression, though, is droop. The hair droops. The satin lapels droop. The shoe bows droop. The whole effort is about to become a puddle on the floor.

4. Guest January 10, 2020 at 12:52 pm #

Epic. best dressed nominee, I want the shoes

5. Guest January 10, 2020 at 10:41 am #

She looks super unhappy, I hope she’s ok!

6. Guest January 9, 2020 at 2:58 pm #

The dress is lovely and sharp at the same time, but the green accessories look jarring against it, and the bow sandals are plain overkill. Puzzling styling choice in my eyes.

7. Catarina_M January 9, 2020 at 9:04 am #

She looks so unhappy that nothing shines. The dress is beautiful and I love the contrast with the green.

8. MissHebble January 9, 2020 at 7:39 am #

I really like the dress and I like that she went with a contrast in the bag and shoes. The dress looks like it is trailing at the back – I’m wondering if it would have looked fine in motion though. I love her hair – it makes me want to get mine chopped!

9. Guest January 9, 2020 at 5:01 am #

The green accessories are hideous and completely unnecessary.

• Guest January 9, 2020 at 3:03 pm #

Ditto. Really jarring, esp. the heavy bow sandals. They overpower the dress rather than complement it. I can’t possibly explain this styling.

10. JasLinds January 9, 2020 at 1:25 am #

I looovveee the green accessories with this cool dress. She wears the whole look really well. The only thing I don’t like is her hair.

11. Noor January 9, 2020 at 1:03 am #

Appreciate the trying, not working though.

Beautiful gown with charming color has disturbed by unmatching shoes. The dress placed nicely on model and on Rose it’s long. She has no height to make it work.

12. Phee phee January 9, 2020 at 12:02 am #

I love the dress but she brings no life to it. I think it looks rather limp on her.
    The shoes are just beyond atrocious. They are so so ugly.
    The green bag n shoes are just not looking right.

13. BrittaDK January 8, 2020 at 10:42 pm #

Absolutely love this colorful look.

14. Guest January 8, 2020 at 10:21 pm #

I don’t like matching shoes and bag but I love this look, anyway. She looks great and the dress is a pink dream.

15. Guest January 8, 2020 at 9:12 pm #

I adore the sandals and the bag is nice too but I would have preferred accessories that weren’t necessarily matching to the dress but more softly complementary to the absolutely gorgeous dress. I also wish she would go back to brunette and she looks as if she has too much blusher on her cheeks.

16. Guest January 8, 2020 at 8:40 pm #

Love the dress, but maybe it needed a taller person or to be tailored.

17. Guest January 8, 2020 at 7:41 pm #

I hope this is a makeup fail and not illness because this is not a good makeup look. The dress is lovely and the shoes are interesting but I do not think that they play well together.

18. Guest January 8, 2020 at 7:41 pm #

The dress is gorgeous but she doesn’t inject much life in it

19. Vizual Ninja January 8, 2020 at 7:32 pm #

Hate this hair on her but I like the dress and love that she put her own spin on it with the accessories. I’d never have thought to choose that colour but it goes well with it.

20. CharlotteLG January 8, 2020 at 7:01 pm #

I like the dress but she doesn’t look well here.
    I hope she’s not sick.

21. KseniaBradner January 8, 2020 at 6:53 pm #

Cute look. The color of the lining photographs beautifully. Love the green shoes with the dress.