Menu

December 13, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Normani Wore Versace To The 2019 Billboard Women In Music Event

Normani Wore Versace To The 2019 Billboard Women In Music Event

Normani attended the 2019 Billboard Women In Music event held at Hollywood Palladium on Thursday (December 12) in Los Angeles, California alongside Taylor Swift and Rosalía.

It has been a great year for Normani musically, so I was delighted to see her at this event. Hopefully she’s about to drop a new single/album soon.

The singer donned a suit that should be instantly recognizable thanks to the iconic jungle print.

Yes.  It’s Versace.

Some might hold this print sacred, in the belief that it holds some Michael Jackson ‘Thriller’ power (i.e. should never be repeated), but Donatella Versace clearly recreated the iconic print for a whole new generation of people can wear it, and here it is.

As this Spring 2020 blazer is boxy in fit, I’m glad Normani opted for leggings over the runway trousers, for a sleeker, more feminine finish.

The only thing I would change are those PVC pumps.

Whoever thought they would be a great idea, has a lot to answer for.

An AMMANII ring completed her look.

Versace Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Sienna Miller & Emily Blunt Attend The 'American Woman' New York Screening

Sienna Miller & Emily Blunt Attend The ‘American Woman’ New York Screening

Keri Russell Shows Love To Saint Laurent On Jimmy Fallon & Mark Cross Grand Opening

16 Responses to Normani Wore Versace To The 2019 Billboard Women In Music Event

1. Guest December 15, 2019 at 10:11 am #

I’m digging the Jacket. She looked dope on stage

2. Guest December 13, 2019 at 11:52 pm #

Oh damn after having the shoes pointed out, I was crushing on this look so hard

3. Guest December 13, 2019 at 7:10 pm #

I don’t like it and the shoes are hideous.

4. Guest December 13, 2019 at 5:54 pm #

Eh, I’m going against the grain and saying this look would have benefited without leggings and actual pants. It honestly just looks like pants that were too tight and without a wider pants, the shoulders look even bigger. Also I just think Peggy Bundy bc leggings are not pants…

5. Guest December 13, 2019 at 4:03 pm #

The suit looks boring on her

Women in music event and every woman at this event is wearing pants/masculine wear further promoting the ideology that being masculine is powerful and being feminine is weak

U can wear a floral dress and still be a boss. U dont have to wear pants or masculine wear to show strength and power.

• Guest December 13, 2019 at 9:00 pm #

You are really on a tear with all these women wearing pantsuits Ruth. Wow.

6. Guest December 13, 2019 at 4:03 pm #

Her best look ever? The suit is great, hair and makeup on point and I actually don’t mind the shoes that much.

7. Guest December 13, 2019 at 3:47 pm #

This is absolutely glorious and I love seeing this iconic print find a more contemporary place in suiting! Still bombshell but more modern.

8. Guest December 13, 2019 at 3:15 pm #

The shoes are horrible and I’m not a fan of the choker either but I love love the suit on her. I agree too that the leggings were the right call for her and buttoning the jacket gives a more defined shape and show her great form.

9. Guest December 13, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

The most decent piece of clothing she has worn lately and she looks classy for once. I like it a lot minus the shoes, though they don’t bother me as much as for other people.

10. ? December 13, 2019 at 3:09 pm #

PVC shoes getting foggy look so unsanitary and distracting ?
    Love the suit on her though. Wonderful colours!

anonymous as always

• Guest December 13, 2019 at 4:48 pm #

• Guest December 13, 2019 at 8:59 pm #

My thoughts exactly. Who wants to think about sweaty feet never mind see them!

11. Phee phee December 13, 2019 at 3:04 pm #

I do love the print. Love seeing it again!
    Im also glad she chose the leggings over the trousers. It wouldn’t of worked for her.
    The shoes are a no. Im always amazed they are worn so often.

12. KseniaBradner December 13, 2019 at 3:02 pm #

I like everything about how Normani styled this look except the shoes. PVC pumps must be recycled. They are unflattering to the foot and also, they photograph very oddly.

13. Catarina_M December 13, 2019 at 2:54 pm #

Those fogged PVC pumps are hideous. I like everything else.
    Normani is the first brand ambassador for Rihanna’s Savage X Fenty, I’m hoping she can keep the lingerie inside her clothes.