Menu

December 3, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Olivia Culpo In Ralph & Russo Couture – The Fashion Awards 2019

Olivia Culpo In Ralph & Russo Couture - The Fashion Awards 2019

Olivia Culpo joined a host of celebrities at The Fashion Awards 2019 held at Royal Albert Hall on Monday (December 2) in London.

The model has a bit of a reputation of overdoing things when it comes to fashion, so an event such as The Fashion Awards, is the perfect place to have a haute couture princess moment.

What beautiful combination mustard and pale pink make?

This tulle hand pleated ballgown, featuring an asymmetrically micro-pleated sweetheart bodice and voluminous skirt presents a truly modern and magical moment that will sit in Olivia’s hall of fame.

I’m sure comparison will be made to Vera Wang’s 2019 Bridal collection, especially Sonam Kapoor’s Cannes 2018 gown.

David Morris jewels completed her look.

Ralph & Russo Fall 2019 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Kiki Layne In Chloe - The Fashion Awards 2019

Kiki Layne In Chloe – The Fashion Awards 2019

Tracee Ellis Ross In Loewe - The Fashion Awards 2019

Tracee Ellis Ross In Loewe – The Fashion Awards 2019

20 Responses to Olivia Culpo In Ralph & Russo Couture – The Fashion Awards 2019

1. Guest December 4, 2019 at 12:10 pm #

She looks fine. Nothing exciting. And the color combo is questionable.
    Olivia spent so much time planning her daily “streetstyle” but her evening/red carpet are so dull, it’s crazy. Is it because she doesn’t get the best designers or what? I don’t understand. In a way she reminds me of lesser version of Olivia Palermo: fun streetstyle, snooze red carpet. She’s gorgeous though.

2. Sharon M December 4, 2019 at 12:00 pm #

I think the color combination looks random…no, mustard and pale pink don’t look good together.

• Jess Mara December 5, 2019 at 4:14 am #

That was actually going to be my comment. How much more impactful would this have been if it was magenta or deep red.

3. Noor December 4, 2019 at 2:46 am #

I misunderstood her with Sonam.

4. Phee phee December 3, 2019 at 3:55 pm #

Its ok. She looks nice. Not try hard.

5. Guest December 3, 2019 at 3:52 pm #

The ruffles on the bust are quite weird, but otherwise, she looks great.

6. Guest December 3, 2019 at 3:00 pm #

It’s OK, I’m kinda indifferent about this. The stark yellow makes more of a jolt against this paler pink and perhaps less saccharine but also less cohesive as a whole.

7. Vizual Ninja December 3, 2019 at 2:53 pm #

Now I know that I don’t like pink and mustard together. This is too saccharine on her, not buying it.

8. Guest December 3, 2019 at 2:15 pm #

She’s wearing it well, but I think her chest looks like it has eyelashes.

• ? December 3, 2019 at 3:25 pm #

HAHAHAHAHA

9. Guest December 3, 2019 at 2:03 pm #

I like it
    But it looks similar to the pink gown Emmy rossum wore to the golden globes

10. Guest December 3, 2019 at 1:44 pm #

Sorry not a fan of the colour combo here. I found the lime green very distracting.

• Sharon M December 4, 2019 at 12:01 pm #

Lime green?

• Guest December 4, 2019 at 12:51 pm #

It’s a tricky colour to describe, lime green, mustard yellow, acid green etc. Well on Olivia it looks more like green, but on the model it looks more yellow to me.

11. KseniaBradner December 3, 2019 at 1:42 pm #

Why is Olivia Culpo. a woman who had the audacity to block Diet Prada when she was called out by them for copying a design for her line, at this event? Like what does she do, she has no serious runway credits? Ugly gown.

• Guest December 3, 2019 at 6:07 pm #

I have often wondered the same. I don’t even know why she’s sort of famous

• KseniaBradner December 3, 2019 at 6:42 pm #

Hailee Bieber does B-list modeling, but that’s not even what Olivia does. I think Olivia is an influencer/Sports Illustated model, like Kate Upton in 2013 was before whatever it is she does now (like Crystal Renn, Kate was supposed to be the ground-breaker Ashley Graham but it never happened). But the influencer/Sports Illustrated-esque model career still doesn’t explain why Olivia Culpo is invited to classy events like this.

• Guest December 3, 2019 at 11:36 pm #

Hailee beiber is more like a D list model?

• KseniaBradner December 3, 2019 at 11:47 pm #

I said Hailey Bieber is a B List model because while she doesn’t get steady runway work, she does still get steady, visible commercial campaign work for Levis Jeans, Guess and UGGS, and even Vogue covers (NO ONE CARES ABOUT HER OR HER HUSBAND WHYYY). Hailey has more of a modeling career than Olivia, which is interesting in of itself, and goes back to my point of the insanity of Olivia Culpo being invited to these events.

12. Catarina_M December 3, 2019 at 1:23 pm #

It’s the first time I like a look from Olivia Culpo. She looks ethereal.