Menu

November 28, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Paz Vega Dazzles In Jorge Vázquez Sequins For The Amazon Pop-Up Inauguration

Paz Vega Dazzles In Jorge Vázquez Sequins For The  Amazon Pop-Up Inauguration

Paz Vega attended the Amazon Pop-Up inauguration held at the Callao cinema on Wednesday (November 27) in Madrid, Spain.

We’ve always celebrated Paz’s unique sense of style.

Like Marion Cotillard, Paz can go from eccentric, to pure glamour with a flip of a switch.

On this occasion she was bringing festive cheer to the red carpet as we head into sequin season, spotlighting local designer: Jorge Vázquez.

I love how the turtleneck dress has a relaxed fit, yet still feels glam due to teal sequins.

The black bow might be a deal breaker for some, but I like how it breaks up the look, adding a different texture and dimension.

When I comes to the boots, I’m not sure I’m fully on board.

I get that they add to the festiveness (is that a word?) of the look. But the Santa boots were perhaps a step too far for me.

Especially as she’s given us a pop of red via her makeup.

Jorge Vázquez Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

Nieves Alvarez's Hawt Holographic Suit For The 2019 Woman Madame Figaro Awards

Nieves Alvarez’s Hawt Holographic Suit For The 2019 Woman Madame Figaro Awards

Zendaya Goes Minimalist In Mônot For The 2019 GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Zendaya Goes Minimalist In Mônot For The 2019 GQ Men Of The Year Awards

11 Responses to Paz Vega Dazzles In Jorge Vázquez Sequins For The Amazon Pop-Up Inauguration

1. Sharon M November 29, 2019 at 12:05 pm #

I don’t like the bow or the boots…they look random to me. I know it was shown like that…still random.

2. Phee phee November 28, 2019 at 6:50 pm #

The bow looks more like a tablecloth got stuck to her waist.
    The boots just dont work at all.
    I like this neck up. but thats about it.

3. Guest November 28, 2019 at 6:02 pm #

She is so beautiful and the colours so lovely she can get away with it. By the way, festivity = festiveness ?

4. MissHebble November 28, 2019 at 5:00 pm #

I love the blue against her skin tone, especially with that red lip. The jury is out on the boots and bow – I think it should have been either or, but I’m not sure which I’d keep.

5. Guest November 28, 2019 at 4:52 pm #

The bow gets a pass on the runway but it’s not working on Paz, I think because it’s sitting too low for her. It should have been just the teal dress and the boots (I am wondering about a darker red/plum but then it might not have popped as much).

6. KseniaBradner November 28, 2019 at 4:16 pm #

I am intrigued, and I’d rather be intrigued than not remember a look after I’ve commented on it. I love it when starlets aren’t boring, and therefore I will even defend bonkers looks on principle. For the record, I don’t think this look is Bonkers; real Bonkers isn’t so calculated. So no, I don’t hate the dress. The black bow is a Prada-esque vulgar-in-a-good-way detail that cleverly highlights the wearer’s thinness in a new way, like a reverse bustle. The red boots are too much. Maybe metallic silver? I think her modern, sexy take on a bob really works with the modern, sloppy-but-chic bow.

7. Guest November 28, 2019 at 3:54 pm #

At first glance I thought she was on the phone – ha! The boots are too much. They make the whole thing look sloppy, even though we know Paz is anything but.

8. Guest November 28, 2019 at 3:42 pm #

the colors are amazing on her but the proprtions……i don’t know

9. Catarina_M November 28, 2019 at 3:18 pm #

The bow is the one thing I don’t like here. Love the dress with the red boots, but the bow+boots combo don’t work for me.

10. CharlotteLG November 28, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

The boots and the bow don’t work together, it should have been one or the other.

• Paola102 November 28, 2019 at 3:20 pm #