Menu

November 19, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet, Screening

Susan Kelechi Watson's Velvet Touch For The New York Premiere Of 'A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood'

When I saw Susan Kelechi Watson on the red carpet for the New York screening of ‘A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood’ on  Sunday (November 17), I rejoiced that finally we have some festive red carpet looks.

Because nothing says “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas,’ to me more than velvet (and sequins), and this scrumptious Bordeaux one-sleeve shoulder dress from Rasario, feels like it has arrived just on time.

Rasario has quite a thing for velvet.  Both Alessandra Ambrosio and Brie Larson have worn velvet gowns in the last few weeks.

I love how the colour and fabric of Susan’s look says decadence and refinement, while the cut and drapery tells an all the more sensual story.

I’m really on the fence with the shoes though.

While I’m glad Susan didn’t play things safe and opt for black, should she have matched her shoes with the dress, rather than going for a lighter colour?

Rasario Pre-Fall 2019

Credit: Rasario & Getty

, , , , ,

Lady Kitty Spencer Goes For Gold At The 2019 Walpole British Luxury Awards

Lady Kitty Spencer Goes For Gold At The 2019 Walpole British Luxury Awards

Monaco National Day Was The Day To Don Dior

Monaco National Day Was The Day To Don Dior

7 Responses to Susan Kelechi Watson’s Velvet Touch For The New York Screening Of ‘A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood’

1. Guest November 21, 2019 at 2:22 am #

I like this on the model but not on Susan. The belt is awful on her and the eye makeup is not good. Don’t get me started on the shoes.

2. Guest November 20, 2019 at 5:26 pm #

I kind of like the shoes with the dress, variations of red. I’m sure about the hairstyle or the amount of thigh on display in this particular look, I prefer the suggestion of the high cut in the look book.

3. Sharon M November 20, 2019 at 11:45 am #

Sorry…I love the fabric and color, but I don’t like one sleeved dresses. I think it is a tired style that was never attractive in the first place. It would be so much prettier with 2 sleeves or none…and her hair hides the neckline anyway. The shoes are wrong.

4. Catarina_M November 20, 2019 at 9:55 am #

I really adore the dress, but those shoes ruin it all.

5. Vu0n9 November 20, 2019 at 4:33 am #

Yes, wrong shoes. I wish she opted for a different hair choice that does not mess with dress’s beautiful neckline.

6. Guest November 20, 2019 at 3:38 am #

when I saw this dress in the look book, I instantly thought of Priyanka Chopra Jonas. Her complexion, curves, and broad shoulders would look amazing in this dress. Susan does fair justice. I just love the dress.

7. Phee phee November 20, 2019 at 2:41 am #

The dress is really quite lovely n festive. The color is gorgeous.
    Its a real shame about the shoe color then. They just dont work with the rich color of the dress.