Menu

November 12, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Aja Naomi King's High Shine Moment For The 2019 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

Aja Naomi King joined Charlize Theron and Yara Shahidi on the red carpet for the 2019 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards held at Alice Tully Hall on Monday (November 11) in New York City.

Yellow is clearly Aja’s colour.

We’ve seen evidence of that at the SAG Awards, the Film Independent Spirit Awards, and The Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Annual Grants Banquet.

On the one hand I’m delighted to see her basking in this sunshine glow, but on the other I find the sheen on this Marc Jacobs Fall 2019 gown a bit off putting.

But then I look at the runway picture and wonder if the issue is the lighting.

This is such a head-turning ball gown with its bold colour an off-the-shoulder neckline that leads into a back tie detail and a high-low fluted hem, but I would take taffeta over this high-shine cotton blend.

Giuseppe Zanotti silver ‘G-Heel’ sandals completed her look.

Marc Jacobs Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

'Last Christmas' London Premiere With Henry Golding & Emilia Clarke

‘Last Christmas’ London Premiere With Henry Golding & Emilia Clarke

Naomi Scott In Givenchy Haute Couture - ‘Charlie’s Angels’ LA World Premiere

Naomi Scott In Givenchy Haute Couture – ‘Charlie’s Angels’ LA World Premiere

11 Responses to Aja Naomi King’s High Shine Moment For The 2019 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

1. Jess Mara November 13, 2019 at 2:05 am #

Wow the fabric is terrible on this. The runway fabric seems to be much nicer but I still feel like the dress is a maternity – giant boobs but hide the stomach – kind of dress.

2. Phee phee November 12, 2019 at 7:06 pm #

The fabric is horrible. Its not a pretty design on the runway or off.

3. Guest November 12, 2019 at 6:29 pm #

The color looks great on her, and she herself looks stunning. But this shine cheapens it a bit, and the dress looks incredibly heavy for something bright yellow and chest-bearing.

4. KseniaBradner November 12, 2019 at 4:35 pm #

The lighting does the gown a disservice because the lighting is great on the runway, but Aja looks lovely.

5. Guest November 12, 2019 at 4:03 pm #

Squished girls + too much volume + cheap looking fabric = a no from me. This is one of those looks that have to have looked way better in real life and not photograph well.

6. Guest November 12, 2019 at 3:52 pm #

This needs someone taller. It looks overwhelming on Aja. Also, the lighting doesn’t do any favour to this colour. On the runway, the colour is very vibrant and rich, but on this event, it looks a bit cheap.

7. Paola102 November 12, 2019 at 3:41 pm #

I think there is something in the lighting too as there is too much shadow on and around her face.
    I like the dress and the colour, but will never understand the squished girls aesthetic….

8. Vizual Ninja November 12, 2019 at 3:26 pm #

These kinds of dresses remind me of bedding items. However, I agree with Tea, she’s somehow selling it, gorgeous colour on her.

9. Catarina_M November 12, 2019 at 3:25 pm #

I like the dress and the colour is amazing but, those squashed boobs are too distracting.

10. Guest November 12, 2019 at 3:13 pm #

Maybe it’s just her beauty and elegance but she’s selling look.
    I want a winter coat in this colour.

11. Guest November 12, 2019 at 3:08 pm #

Rihanna wore something like this to a movie premiere, it was in red.

I want to like this but I dont know, something is not just right.