Menu

November 11, 2019

Kim Kardashian In Vintage Versace – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Kim Kardashian attended the 2019 People’s Choice Awards held at the Barker Hangar on Sunday (November 10) in Santa Monica, California, where she was nominated for the Social Media Celebrity and Style Star of the year, which she eventually lost to Ellen DeGeneres and Harry Style respectively.

We know the reality star loves a vintage find, and snakeskin, so this Versace dress was a no brainer.

Love her or loathe her style, I do like that she doesn’t follow “trends,” preferring to march to the beat of her own drum, and wear things that flatter her figure, and suit her persona.

I was really excited about this Versace dress from the front, but the affection waned somewhat when I saw the chainmail panel at the back.

The two don’t mesh well for me.  It’s like pick a dress.  Snakeskin or chainmail.

Having watched Kim’s stories this morning, the nude Manolo Blahnik ‘Leva’ snakeskin sandals were the better option than the matchy Gucci mules she had on option.

Embed from Getty Images

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , ,

Jessica Alba In Ralph & Russo Couture - 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

Jessica Alba In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

Charlize Theron Picks Up Her American Cinematheque Award In Dior

Charlize Theron Picks Up Her American Cinematheque Award In Dior

11 Responses to Kim Kardashian In Vintage Versace – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

1. Guest November 14, 2019 at 2:00 am #

Love this look! Classy, covered, event appropriate, and her hair and make up and perfect!

2. Guest November 13, 2019 at 1:31 pm #

I completely agree, I LOVE the gown from the front, but do not like it at all from the back. The front looks gorgeous and her hair and makeup are also perfect.

3. Guest November 12, 2019 at 5:20 pm #

Looks amazing in the front, so the back really disappointed me
    Shame

4. Phee phee November 11, 2019 at 7:39 pm #

Fine standard look.
    I dont like the two different fabrics either. Should of been just the snakeskin.

5. Guest November 11, 2019 at 7:09 pm #

Kim Kardashian West does not follow trends. Was that meant to be ironic? The Kardashians are the biggest trend followers in the world. As to the dress, it would have been so much better in one material, preferably neither snake nor chain mail. All over snakeskin or snake print gives me the heebie-jeebies and KKW in all over chain mail would just be too much.

6. Guest November 11, 2019 at 4:57 pm #

It is an ok dress. It seems the bust is ill fitted and too small for her. Also, I disagree with the OP. Kim mostly do not wear clothes that flatter her body shape and does follow trends. She was one of the first to wear clear plastic shoes a few years ago.

7. Vizual Ninja November 11, 2019 at 1:18 pm #

Tacky. I can only tolerate snakeskin in small doses.

8. Guest November 11, 2019 at 12:43 pm #

They must have to rework the vintage dresses she wears because her body is so weirdly shaped that these dresses would never fit her otherwise. At least it fits and she’s actually covered.

9. Guest November 11, 2019 at 11:10 am #

Water is wet

10. Catarina_M November 11, 2019 at 9:55 am #

I like it on the front, the back is too OTT on a bad way. And agree that the Manolos were a much better option.

11. Mady1908 November 11, 2019 at 9:42 am #

When I saw it in front, I was like “OK, I quite like this” and then I saw the back, and I’m disappointed. But at least she is wearing something that doesn’t show everything we don’t want to see. Nice try, for the front part.