Menu

October 29, 2019

Sutton Foster's Leopard Print Michael Kors Gown For The Drama League's 2019 Annual Benefit Gala

Sutton Foster attended the Drama League’s 2019 Annual Benefit Gala held at The Plaza on Monday (October 28) in New York City.

The two-time Tony Award winner was able to strike the perfect blend of romantic and on-trend, this bold sequined leopard Michael Kors Collection Resort 2020 gown, given an extra dose of feminine elegance with the flutter sleeves.

I love the slinky silhouette, but my personal preference would’ve been a dress without the peplum as I don’t feel like it enhances the look in any way.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Gugu Mbatha-Raw Shines In Dolce & Gabbana For The 'Motherless Brooklyn' LA Premiere

Gugu Mbatha-Raw Shines In Dolce & Gabbana For The ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ LA Premiere

Helen Mirren's Dotty LBD For 'The Good Liar' World Premiere

Helen Mirren’s Dotty LBD For ‘The Good Liar’ World Premiere

12 Responses to Sutton Foster’s Leopard Print Michael Kors Gown For The Drama League’s 2019 Annual Benefit Gala

1. Guest November 1, 2019 at 12:34 pm #

I love this but her makeup is so blah. The dress fits her like a glove though.

2. Sharon M October 30, 2019 at 11:41 am #

Don’t like the peplum, and there is something missing. Perhaps a different hairstyle with some earrings?

3. Los_NGLS October 29, 2019 at 8:30 pm #

Okay, yes maybe peplum had too strong of a moment when it last had it’s moment, but I kinda like it.

I like this dress and I wouldn’t remove the peplum – hear me out.

It fits Sutton’s personality perfectly! She’s a musical theatre girl (and some tv rom coms?) and it plays into her bubbly/campy personality. Also, it’s a hair costumey, which also is right on brand for her.

(Semi related but not really, in her last Tony speech she started crying thanking/ giving a shout out to her personal dresser, who had worked with her on 5 or 6 Broadway shows, and was taking on a new job/career, it was adorable & heart warming… and idk, somehow peplum-y, LOL)

4. Guest October 29, 2019 at 4:25 pm #

Shall we be concerned about peplum coming back?

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 29, 2019 at 8:16 pm #

I’m concerned

5. Phee phee October 29, 2019 at 4:19 pm #

I like this. Even with the peplum. The fit looks like perfection. Ya, could of done more with the makeup but overall this is a win.

6. Guest October 29, 2019 at 4:14 pm #

I like this on her but her beauty look is so boring. Her hair is nice but she needs a bold lip and some eye makeup

7. Vizual Ninja October 29, 2019 at 4:07 pm #

I agree about the peplum, makes it look dated.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 29, 2019 at 8:17 pm #

Yes, the peplum does make it feel a bit dated

• Jess Mara October 30, 2019 at 12:53 am #

Yes I agree. I love the fit of the dress but the peplum cheapens it – I think she also needed better makeup!

8. Guest October 29, 2019 at 4:06 pm #

I think because of recent ‘drama’ online but I thought this was Coleen Rooney (a UK footballer’s wife) at first quick glance.
    I like the peplum because it might’ve looked a tad exposed around the panty area without it and it’s a subtle feature with the sleeve design.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 29, 2019 at 8:16 pm #

I can see it now you say that