Menu

October 28, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Keke Palmer In Christian Siriano – 2019 Governors Awards

Keke Palmer In Christian Siriano - 2019 Governors Awards

There was an explosion of ruffles as Keke Palmer stepped onto the red carpet for the 2019 Governors Awards hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood on Sunday (October 27).

The ‘Hustler’ star is not shy when it comes to making a dramatic statement on the red carpet, and one designer who could help her achieve her goal was Christian Siriano.

High low gowns don’t often go down too well with the majority, but this Spring 2020 purple bell sleeve sculpted gown was a very elegant interpretation of such a classic style.

Do you agree?

Giuseppe Zanotti sandals and complementary purple eye makeup completed this rich jewel tone look.

Christian Siriano Spring 2020

, , , , , ,

Saoirse Ronan In Emilia Wickstead - 2019 Governors Awards

Saoirse Ronan In Emilia Wickstead – 2019 Governors Awards

Greta Gerwig In Lela Rose - 2019 Governors Awards

Greta Gerwig In Lela Rose – 2019 Governors Awards

13 Responses to Keke Palmer In Christian Siriano – 2019 Governors Awards

1. Sharon M October 29, 2019 at 12:14 pm #

Don’t love it…especially the neckline. Not flattering…I don’t like it when the breasts look like balls stuck to the chest, but this is not good either. She needs a bit of lift.

2. Phee phee October 29, 2019 at 5:11 am #

Such a cheesy dress.
    no. I love the color but otherwise so no.

3. Guest October 28, 2019 at 9:43 pm #

Love from head to toe! The color and fit is amazing on Keke.

4. Guest October 28, 2019 at 4:45 pm #

I like the dress and love the colour. Maybe they should have close the plunge a little to allow for wearing of some support.

5. Vizual Ninja October 28, 2019 at 2:59 pm #

I don’t like the dress but she’s actually pulling it off to me, the colour looks great on her and her styling elevates it.

6. Los_NGLS October 28, 2019 at 2:07 pm #

The sleeve is an awkward length for me, but looks less awkward on the model in that runway pic, because you can’t see her hands. I would’ve removed them altogether.

Also, I wonder how they “fluff” ruffled dresses for the runway, and why it’s not possible(?) to do this for red carpets?

• Paola102 October 28, 2019 at 5:14 pm #

was wondering the same…maybe helium?? 😉

• Los_NGLS October 28, 2019 at 5:59 pm #

LOLLL! I briefly though maybe wiring? Like the fancy Christmas ribbon that sometimes has super thin wires at the edges so your bows aren’t flat.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 28, 2019 at 10:39 pm #

I always wonder this too. The model is moving so I guess that will have something to do with it

• Los_NGLS October 29, 2019 at 2:37 pm #

Yeah, movement can definitely be a factor, depending on the fabric. Maybe they stuff them with cotton or something similar, lol.

7. Catarina_M October 28, 2019 at 1:48 pm #

I wish she had closed the cleavage a bit. Like this, it looks like “something” is going to pop out any second.

8. Guest October 28, 2019 at 1:37 pm #

This is too much for me. The low neck, the ruffled high-low, the 3/4 kimono-esque sleeves—there’s too much going on.

9. WhiteLady October 28, 2019 at 1:37 pm #

I’m usually not a fan of high-low gowns but I actually like this one. the styling is nice and so is the make up and hair. I just wish the girls had more support!! My eyes are drawn to them all the time and not in a good way 🙁