Menu

October 3, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Zazie Beetz Wore Dion Lee To The ‘Joker’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Zazie Beetz In Dion Lee - 'Joker' New York Film Festival Premiere

Zazie Beetz attended the New York Film Festival premiere of ‘Joker’ held at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center on Wednesday (October 2) in New York City.

The actress has been one of the breakout stars of the film festival season, but I did find myself scratching my head at this Dion Lee look.

I like the idea of mixing the corset with a dress, but this feels like the wrong dress, as it doesn’t have the same cool vibe as the corset.

Did this mix work for you?

Or do you believe she should’ve worn the Fall 2019 look at this event?

Mateo pearl studs and rings completed her look.

Dion Lee Fall 2019
Dion Lee Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , ,

Angelina Jolie Channels The Party Season Early In Ralph & Russo Couture For The 'Maleficent: Mistress of Evil' Tokyo Premiere

Angelina Jolie Channels The Party Season Early In Ralph & Russo Couture For The ‘Maleficent: Mistress of Evil’ Tokyo Premiere

Zoey Deutch Brings Back That Sunny Feeling On The Today Show

Zoey Deutch Brings Back That Sunny Feeling On The Today Show

16 Responses to Zazie Beetz Wore Dion Lee To The ‘Joker’ New York Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest October 5, 2019 at 5:09 pm #

I actually love the mix of these two looks! I adore the corset and thinks she looks amazing!

2. Phee phee October 5, 2019 at 1:47 am #

Nope. Thats an ugly dress/corset combo. hate the makeup too.

3. Guest October 4, 2019 at 7:53 am #

No to visible nipples

4. SarahS95 October 4, 2019 at 3:17 am #

I don’t hate it – but she has done better than this and I do want to be wowed again like her Valentino at Venice

5. Guest October 4, 2019 at 1:59 am #

This is just bad!

She needs a better stylist! She’s the female lead of a film, which is one of the major players of the award season, and there are more important events to come. This outfit makes her look like some D-lister who can’t get the help from bigger names and try to grab some attention on the red carpet. I’m not saying Dion Lee is not good enough or anything, it does have some decent pieces from time to time, but this one is just purely unfortunate.

6. KseniaBradner October 4, 2019 at 1:33 am #

This is more Zazie’s style than a boring Miu Miu gown so I’ll take it. I like her in interesting looks

7. Jess Mara October 4, 2019 at 12:41 am #

Nope! Doesn’t work for me.

8. Guest October 4, 2019 at 12:17 am #

She’s a beauty. But as soon as I read “Dion Lee”, my first thought was “oh no”. An so was my last thought upon seeing that…dress.

9. Los_NGLS October 3, 2019 at 6:33 pm #

I love Zazie’s fun choices, most of the time. (though that interview where she said she’s not really into showering has been forever ingrained into my head 🤢😷)

While I do like the lines of the coset with the lines of the dress, I think it might have been worked better it the two had been closer in color, or the same color, AND if the knot was something more architedual, maybe a metallic cuff?

• Guest October 4, 2019 at 3:06 pm #

I might have been less put off by the outfit if the corset had been in black too and the plunge and cut out were slightly closed up.

• Guest October 5, 2019 at 8:59 am #

From this method you will know how to make every month extra $19,000 or more easily just by doing work in spare time.
      Details on this website…………..easyjob50.com

10. Guest October 3, 2019 at 6:01 pm #

I wish she had worn the runway pink version on it’s own.

11. Paola102 October 3, 2019 at 6:00 pm #

The dress is dated. The corset has lots of potential but not like this. Her eyeliner is so out of left field…not a good look.

12. Guest October 3, 2019 at 4:30 pm #

Awful outfit. The movie title is appropriate for this look. Zazie should do better than this. Imagine if KKW Had worn this mess. The naysaying would be epic.

13. Guest October 3, 2019 at 3:35 pm #

That is one hella fugly outfit.

• Guest October 5, 2019 at 8:58 am #