Menu

August 28, 2019 Photocall, Premiere

Stacy Martin Steps Up Her Fashion Game For Venice Film Festival Jury Duty

Stacy Martin in Burberry - Venice Film Festival Jury Photocall

Stacy Martin attended the Jury photocall before the premiere of ‘La Verite,’ which officially opened Venice Film Festival on Wednesday (August 28) in Italy.

Jury Photocall:  Stacy has always been a loyal style star.  Loyal to the Miu Miu/Prada, then Dior. Now is seems she’s mixing things up, so hopefully we’ll get to see a real sense of her style.

For the photocall she wore a Burberry Fall 2019 which I instantly warmed to for the ’80s nostalgia it gave me.  This was mostly due to the overlay that emboldened the shoulders.

The only way complete this look was with simple black pumps.

Burberry Fall 2019
Stacy Martin in Louis Vuitton - 'La Verite' Venice Film Festival Premiere

‘La Verite’ Venice Film Festival Premiere:  After stepping back in time for the photocall, Stacy jetted into the future with her second look from Louis Vuitton’s Resort 2020 collection.

This look has all the complexities we expect from a LV look, so I’m very impressed by how Stacy takes this look effortlessly in her stride.

Do you wish Stacy has opted for a gown?

As she’s on the jury, she’ll have plenty of time to experiment with different looks, so I’m not mad at this look at all.

Louis Vuitton High Jewelry and LV pumps completed her look.

What is the most intriguing aspect about these looks is despite the two different designers and seasons, they tell a very similar story.

Louis Vuitton Resort 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

Alessandra Mastronardi Rocks Two Giorgio Armani Looks During Venice Film Festival

Iman In Valentino Haute Couture - 'La Vérité' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Iman In Valentino Haute Couture – ‘La Vérité’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

9 Responses to Stacy Martin Steps Up Her Fashion Game For Venice Film Festival Jury Duty

1. Guest August 29, 2019 at 4:37 pm #

I actually love both looks! I think she would be well-served to add a stronger lip in the first look.

2. Paola102 August 29, 2019 at 3:19 pm #

the first look’s fabric is a bit cheap….looks like garbage bags. no? even on the runway.

3. Sharon M August 29, 2019 at 12:26 pm #

The first look is way too big for her.

4. Phee phee August 28, 2019 at 9:47 pm #

oi. those are poor looks. The dresses are both so ugly, in the shoulders especially. LV continues to make crappy clothes.
    and leather? at this time. still no. they just look so heavy and drab.

5. Guest August 28, 2019 at 9:44 pm #

I do like the Burberry look and I’m not big on 80s style but it feels well redone for now.
    The LV is dud – no surprise from Louis Vuitton. Remember Rebecca Hall killing it carpet after carpet when she was judge? I still get goosebumps thinking about her Armani Prive and Giorgio Armani looks.

6. Guest August 28, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

Rebecca Corbin-Murray is styling her for Venice. I can already tell that I prefer her with Elizabeth Saltzman. I’d rather see her in Prada and Erdem.

7. Guest August 28, 2019 at 7:37 pm #

The pilgrim collar on the first dress is horrifying. Overall she should fire her glam team, the hair/makeup looks dry and old.

8. CharlotteLG August 28, 2019 at 7:27 pm #

Both looks are pretty awful IMO.

9. Guest August 28, 2019 at 7:16 pm #

The first look is awful. The dress is too big and looks sloppy. The second look is a definite improvement but is not a great dress with that silly shoulder detail and the fingerless glove sleeve. Venice in August is too hot and humid for these looks.