Menu

July 8, 2019

Michelle Obama Was On Sparkling Form For Her Essence Festival Debut

Michelle Obama made an appearance at the 2019 Essence Festival in New Orleans on Saturday (July 6), where she was in conversation with Gayle King.

She shared some great advice about dating and marriage.

While I’m always here for whatever pearls of wisdom Michelle is ready to share, my focus was very much on her look.

Not just her disco-diva style custom Sergio Hudson sequin blue jumpsuit, but also her natural curls, topped off with golden ombré highlights.

When it comes to her hair, Michelle has openly spoken about having to adopt a “hair strategy” in the White House as part of a deeply frustrating but all-too-real reality about navigating her role as a Black woman in politics.

I’m glad at this stage in her life she is free from such restraints, as we get to see her express herself as she wishes.

I know some aren’t so crazy about Michelle Obama’s post-office style – which has seen her favour mostly trousered looks – so what do you think about this latest glitzy offering?

Credit: Sergio Hudson & Instagram

, , , ,

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

Rocío Muñoz Morales Stuns In Three Gorgeous Looks For Taormina Film Festival

Rocío Muñoz Morales Stuns In Three Gorgeous Looks For Taormina Film Festival

15 Responses to Michelle Obama Was On Sparkling Form For Her Essence Festival Debut

1. Guest July 10, 2019 at 1:22 pm #

I love that we’re seeing Michelle’s true style come out, but the beautiful natural hair is the star of this picture for me. I love it.

2. Noor July 9, 2019 at 3:34 am #

There’s something lack of it for the First Lady.

Her hair and that blue color make a great combination. Not a fan of her belt though. I just wanna see her full picture.

3. Guest July 9, 2019 at 1:54 am #

I think she looks great. This is such a fun look. And I’m glad that she can wear her curls .

4. Jess Mara July 9, 2019 at 1:36 am #

I love that she is having so much fun with fashion!

5. Guest July 8, 2019 at 7:34 pm #

So fun, I was hoping you’d feature it!

6. Etude July 8, 2019 at 6:19 pm #

I love how fun her look is here. It’s lively and great for a festival. I also like that she went natural with her hair, especially wise with the New Orleans humidity!

7. James Mackay July 8, 2019 at 6:08 pm #

Don’t like the belt but absolutely obsessed with the hair ?

8. Paola102 July 8, 2019 at 5:59 pm #

I just love it!

9. Nat123 July 8, 2019 at 5:35 pm #

I am obsessed with this look. I love it head 2 toe.

10. Phee phee July 8, 2019 at 4:25 pm #

Nope. way too disco for her. I just cant get into it at all.

11. Guest July 8, 2019 at 2:39 pm #

I don’t like either look at all.

12. Guest July 8, 2019 at 2:25 pm #

I don’t like this particular belt but other than that, she looks nice.

13. CharlotteLG July 8, 2019 at 2:24 pm #

There’s somehting with blue sequin jumpsuit right now!
    I don’t like the belt, it feels dated, but except for that she looks good and I love the hair.

14. Guest July 8, 2019 at 2:13 pm #

I like the idea of this jumpsuit and the hair style. I need a better picture to see if the idea of the suit actually works on Mrs. Obama, but from what I can see, this is is a good look despite the slightly dated belt.

• Melanie1828 July 9, 2019 at 9:00 am #

Start getting paid each month more than $17,000+ just by working 0nline from home. Last month i have earned and received $18539 from this easy 0nline j0b by just giving this only 2 to 3 hrs a day on my mobile. This 0nline j0b is just amazing and regular earning from this are just awesome. Every person on this earth can get this home j0b and start making extra dollars 0nline just by follow instructions on this website……………work70.com