Menu

Selena Gomez’s Feathered LBD For The ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ New York Premiere

Posted by Catherine Kallon

I don’t think  any of us held back at voicing our shock, horror, disappointment at Selena Gomez’s run promoting ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ during Cannes Film Festival.

But those of you that held out some optimism for the rest of the tour, might have your dreams smashed to smithereens upon sight of the actress at the ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ New York premiere on Monday (June 10).

I don’t dislike Selena in this Celine Spring 2019 mini black dress, but I do have two issues.

1.  It’s clearly wayyy too tight.

2. Those feathers are doing her no favours.

At this point I feel like Selena needs to go back to basics.

Lay off the Celine, Coach and Louis Vuitton and stick to brands that are better suited to her, and pieces that flatter her.

Celine Spring 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex Returns To Royal Duties For Trooping the Colour

Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex Returns To Royal Duties For Trooping the Colour

Shop The NET-A-PORTER Sale Editor Picks

Shop The NET-A-PORTER Sale Editor Picks

19 Responses to Selena Gomez’s Feathered LBD For The ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ New York Premiere

1. Allie4790 June 13, 2019 at 1:46 pm #

So much going wrong here, but I cannot get passed the heinous makeup. She is so naturally gorgeous, it is not necessary!

2. Guest June 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

I like it on the runway, but not at all on her because she wore it off-the-shoulder. It’s too tight on the chest and make-up and her are tacky and I don’t even like the shoes.

3. KseniaBradner June 11, 2019 at 10:21 pm #

I don’t understand this phase of Selena’s style. It’s either boring minimalism, Instagram modern wannabe cool or sexy glam like the Marc Jacobs sequinned dress she just wore on Jimmy Kimmel today. Why have Kate Young as your stylist when you flip-flop between brand contracts? Kate Young is a hit or mega miss stylist.

4. NZ June 11, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

When you think Kate Young couldn’t possibly do worse…

• Guest June 11, 2019 at 3:28 pm #

5. Guest June 11, 2019 at 2:30 pm #

Terrible dress, make up, hair…
    She is a beautiful woman. What the hell is happening!?

I really miss her Versace (2013 VMA), Gabbana, Reem Acra days…

6. Guest June 11, 2019 at 2:09 pm #

The dress just looks 2009 on the runway and very Joan Collins on Selena. It should be so easy to dress Selena but her team are just making a mess of it.

7. Phee phee June 11, 2019 at 1:38 pm #

She looks stuffed into it. Very unflattering for her.

8. Guest June 11, 2019 at 1:09 pm #

Sorry Selena, you look like a Long Island wife who is going to the city to see a show c.1972. No. No. No.

9. OGCaroline June 11, 2019 at 12:46 pm #

I think she looks gorgeous.

10. Guest June 11, 2019 at 12:39 pm #

This outfit isn’t doing her any favors, and the hair and makeup are not spectacular either

11. Jess Mara June 11, 2019 at 12:26 pm #

Don’t want to sound cruel but has she done something to her lips and face?

terrible fit and very unflattering

• Guest June 11, 2019 at 12:34 pm #

Well, she had a kidney transplant in 2017, so she probably has to take the kind of medication that can make you swell up (sorry if thats not the correct verb). To be clear, I don’t believe that you meant to be cruel, just that you didn’t know or remember. And, aside from that, you are right: the dress is not flattering on her.

• OGCaroline June 11, 2019 at 12:45 pm #

It’s her Lupus meds.

• Jess Mara June 11, 2019 at 12:51 pm #

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t know she had lupus but I remember about the kidney transplant. She is a beautiful women, though not in this outfit, I guess I just hadn’t seen her on the red carpet in a while

• OGCaroline June 11, 2019 at 2:12 pm #

Don’t worry. Most people don’t know she’s on corticoids. Selena doesn’t talk about it much.

• WhiteLady June 12, 2019 at 3:07 pm #

Indeed. As an autoinmune disease sufferer that has been on cortisone for two and a half years, I knew as soon as I saw the picture where that “full-moon face” was coming from (it’s the actual term for the secondary effect)

12. CharlotteLG June 11, 2019 at 12:19 pm #

She looks like she’s on Real Housewives of somewhere. It looks tacky.

13. Guest June 11, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

Don’t like the dress at all and especially don’t like it on Selena (too tight) but I think it looks better on the runway.