Menu

June 11, 2019

Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex Returns To Royal Duties For Trooping the Colour

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex made her first royal appearance since the birth of her and Prince Harry’s son, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, at the 2019 Trooping the Colour parade on Sunday (June 9).

I have missed Meghan, and I hoped her return would be one to remember, but unfortunately things didn’t live up to my expectations.

The Duchess wore a Givenchy custom made outfit, designed by Clare Waight Keller, featuring a navy dress with white sleeves and matching cape, a navy parisisal beret with crin feather trim and a blue quilted leather clutch.

Yes, she looks very chic, but my first thought was this was a rerun, as it feels all too familiar.

Embed from Getty Images

Credit: Getty

, , ,

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Looks Stylish In Yellow For The Trooping the Colour

Selena Gomez's Feathered LBD For The 'The Dead Don't Die' New York Premiere

Selena Gomez’s Feathered LBD For The ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ New York Premiere

18 Responses to Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex Returns To Royal Duties For Trooping the Colour

1. Guest June 12, 2019 at 1:12 pm #

I know the fashion press is trying to turn her into a fashion icon, but it’s not going to happen. Even before pregnancy she wore unflattering clothes with unflattering fit. With as much as she spends on wardrobe, you’d think it would be better.

2. Guest June 11, 2019 at 5:37 pm #

Leather gloves in June?! ?

3. Guest June 11, 2019 at 4:00 pm #

Not sure I understand why Meghan has a post here today?
    we do not have a picture of her full dress, don’t see the shoes neither!
    all the European Royals are being better dresses than this Royal Family but for a reason I don’t get they are never in this blog

being said I love this blog and have a tremendous respect for your work.

4. Guest June 11, 2019 at 3:05 pm #

This whole look reads “middle aged”. She does better in ensembles that have a lighter feel in color, fabric or not being so covered up and shapeless.

5. MissHebble June 11, 2019 at 2:52 pm #

I like the fascinator! I don’t really understand the gloves (I know it hasn’t really been summer but it’s not THAT cold) and I find the jacket quite boxy. All that said she looks a damn sight better than I did one month postpartum so maybe we should give her points for that?!

6. Guest June 11, 2019 at 2:14 pm #

Elegant but pretty boring. I don’t know why she’s so obsessed with navy and beige.

7. Guest June 11, 2019 at 1:55 pm #

Since I did not have any great expectations for Duchess Meghan’s return, I am not disappointed. She looks fine for someone who gave birth about a month ago. I totally support her wearing navy. Black would be a non-no but she probably wanted a darker color for all the reasons new mothers choose dark colors.

8. Phee phee June 11, 2019 at 1:19 pm #

nope

9. Jess Mara June 11, 2019 at 12:18 pm #

Like you Catherine I was looking forward to her return at the trooping of the colour this year but I feel so let down.wheres the colour for such a festive occasion. I know the Duchess likes her navy but it’s a shame she didn’t try something else.
    Also I understand she’s just had a baby and probably not feeling herself but the dress and more so the cape are very unflattering.
    Was expecting more but actually not really surprised

10. Guest June 11, 2019 at 11:16 am #

The cap sleeves from a distance made the dress look quite unfinished – like they were rough, pinned-on pattern templates.

Not a fan of the dress, or this jacket style.

11. Guest June 11, 2019 at 10:40 am #

I like the look without the cape. I don’t expect bright colors from her or any breastfeeding mother to be fair.

12. Vizual Ninja June 11, 2019 at 10:28 am #

Considering she just gave birth to her first child a few weeks ago, didnt expect her to be 100% on point, and she’s still recovering. I think she looks polished, love the hat with the bun. I agree about the colour but the Duchess loves her navy.

13. _Hannah_ June 11, 2019 at 10:26 am #

What a pity she is dressed in such a dark colour. Such a joyous occasion requires almost something brighter. But she glows and looks happy, which is also important.

14. Guest June 11, 2019 at 10:07 am #

Her body has understandably changed with pregnancy, but I’m sure a good stylist would be able to put together a more flattering look than this.

15. Guest June 11, 2019 at 10:01 am #

This makes her look really bad, it’s aging and I wish she went for some colour or maybe pastels, it’s almost summer!

• Guest June 11, 2019 at 12:20 pm #

Pastels for Summer?
      Groundbreaking.

• Guest June 11, 2019 at 12:29 pm #

Well yes, pastels would be rather groundbreaking for the Duchess and I think we can all agree that she looks great in them (via last year).

16. Guest June 11, 2019 at 9:56 am #

This is one of her worst looks: both the hat and the coat are extremely unflattering, the dark colour is not the most appropriate choice for a celebratory summer parade, and why is she wearing leather gloves in June??