Menu

May 2, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Kiernan Shipka’s Haute Couture Moment At The 2019 Billboard Music Awards

Kiernan Shipka In Dior Haute Couture 2019 Billboard Music Awards

Kiernan Shipka joined a host of stars who attended the 2019 Billboard Music Awards held at MGM Grand Garden Arena on Wednesday (May 1) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ star has always been known for her uber chic style.  She’s practically a veteran at this point.

But I have a feeling this look from Dior’s Spring 2019 Haute Couture collection won’t go down so well.

Personally I love playfulness of this black horsehair cage and black dress appliquéd with burgundy and satin bands.  It feels cool and directional.

But I know many will object to the sheerness of the look despite no nipples or nipple covers being on display.

Dior sandals and a red Edie Parker ‘Jean Solid’ clutch completed her look along with a new copper hair colour and silvery eye makeup.

Dior Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Sophie Turner's Sci-Fi Jumpsuit For The 2019 Billboard Music Awards

Sophie Turner’s Sci-Fi Jumpsuit For The 2019 Billboard Music Awards

Poppy Rocks Moncler 6 Noir Kei Ninomiya To The 2019 Billboard Music Awards

Poppy Rocks Moncler 6 Noir Kei Ninomiya To The 2019 Billboard Music Awards

15 Responses to Kiernan Shipka’s Haute Couture Moment At The 2019 Billboard Music Awards

1. Guest May 4, 2019 at 11:26 pm #

Hmm. Not a fan. Love the sandals and the skirt, hate the makeup and the top.
    And then I realised I love the skirt because it reminded me of this Delpozo that I so much loved on her. They were a match made in fashion heaven.

2. Guest May 3, 2019 at 1:21 pm #

I appreciate the coverage on top and wish it extended to her belly button.

The shoe is a big let down. The hair looks like shoes going to the mall and the makeup says olympics.

3. Guest May 2, 2019 at 4:14 pm #

Love it. Edgy, super cute, I don’t even mind the sheer top because she’s covered without making the undergarments/cutlets stand out. I think she rocks it.

4. Guest May 2, 2019 at 3:52 pm #

She looks fun!

5. Guest May 2, 2019 at 3:16 pm #

I’m sorry but this a horrible look for Kiernan.

6. Phee phee May 2, 2019 at 2:11 pm #

Its a really bad lining. She just looks nude up top but she doesn’t have nipples or anything…..its a bad illusion.
    Even her belly button is showing which worsens the non-nipple effect.
    shivers. what a dumb look.
    also her hair and makeup are not my fave.

7. Guest May 2, 2019 at 11:49 am #

the shoes are horrible! but she’s lovely as always

8. Guest May 2, 2019 at 11:42 am #

Props to her for pulling off the perfect nude illusion. That being said, the sheer elements should have been either the top or the skirt, not both. That’s what is preventing me from being fully on board with this look.

9. Guest May 2, 2019 at 11:00 am #

No. Thought she had more style chops than to fall back on sheer to be “edgy”. Whatevs, guess she wants to show she”s grown — literally.

10. Guest May 2, 2019 at 10:48 am #

At first sight I was trying to avoid looking for nipples as I thought she is completely naked under the black horsehair cage.

It could have been a good look if there was a different lining under it IMO.

11. Guest May 2, 2019 at 10:01 am #

She’s not showing anything but I can see her navel so hmm. Is she even yet? It’s a weird? mix of provocative and cute. It works for the event. But I would have hated this on Diane Kruger or Charlize. I really like the sandals.

12. Martijn149 May 2, 2019 at 9:48 am #

It works for her and the event! It’s cute, bit edgy and she can pull it off. I would not like this on someone on else!

• Guest May 2, 2019 at 2:09 pm #