Menu

February 27, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Carolina Herrera -  King Mohammed VI of Morocco Reception

For their final royal engagement in Morocco, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex spent time with King Mohammed VI at his royal residence on Monday (February 25).

The Duchess wore a custom floor-length printed blue dress by Carolina Herrera, which was recently seen on the Fall 2019 runway.

As you can see the main difference are the elasticated waistband, which she didn’t need, plus her version has an extra layer of flutter on the sleeves.

This dress couldn’t be a more perfect look for Morocco. The breezy nature and cool-blue hue would’ve felt refreshing on a balmy day.

She carried her Dior clutch, from the previous event, and once again kept her hair neat in a low bun.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

Zendaya Coleman In Marc Jacobs - Out In Paris

Zendaya Coleman In Marc Jacobs – Out In Paris

Sophie Okonedo In Emilia Wickstead - Investiture Ceremony

Sophie Okonedo In Emilia Wickstead – Investiture Ceremony

22 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Carolina Herrera – King Mohammed VI of Morocco Reception

1. Bee March 1, 2019 at 12:12 am #

I love this dress, The colour is divine. Is Megan’s version with an extra layer underneath? I think the runway look is better but still a lovely choice for a pregnant gal.

2. mm February 28, 2019 at 12:49 pm #

I love how they coordinate his suits to what she is wearing.

I loved every look this entire tour

3. Fee February 28, 2019 at 3:17 am #

It’s a shame they didn’t elasticise it just under the bust so she could be given some shape whilst still being comfortable, the alterations they have made have it veering into mu-mu territory. I do like the colour on her and the print for the occasion.

• Jess February 28, 2019 at 6:19 pm #

The colour is very nice and the movement around the skirt is pretty. There’s something off about the top and perhaps having some sort of fitted area would make it look less like a muumuu or beach cover-up. Given she is pregnant, having it fitted under the bust as suggested above would have been a nice compromise.

4. Camille February 27, 2019 at 5:28 pm #

The movement, the color and the print of this gown are a fabulous choice for her at this stage of pregnancy and for Morocco. Her hair is simple and lovely. A pretty choice for the occasion in the final trimester of pregnancy.

5. brat February 27, 2019 at 5:25 pm #

I think this print and color is perfect for Morocco. This looks effortless and breezy!

Definitely one of her better maternity looks.

6. brat February 27, 2019 at 5:15 pm #

I think the print and color is perfect for Morocco. This looks breezy and effortless!

One of her better maternity looks definitely.

7. meme February 27, 2019 at 2:49 pm #

this is lovely on the model. it looks like a shapeless sack on MM.

• MW February 27, 2019 at 4:02 pm #

8. AnnaP February 27, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

So utterly beautiful. I’ve loved her entire wardrobe this tour. It’s not only the clothes though. It’s what she brings to these tours: a genuineness, grace and wonderful interest in the cultures. The response from the Moroccans has been immense. I know we will have a drought for a while until after the baby (except 5th March) which will be tough for us fans.

9. Martijn February 27, 2019 at 1:48 pm #

I understand she had to change the runway look, but this one looks kinda shapeless, which is a shame, because the color looks so stunning with her skin tone. But she looks comfortable, which being so far on her pregnancy is essential.

10. Caroline February 27, 2019 at 1:26 pm #

I like it for the occasion.

11. Vizual Ninja February 27, 2019 at 1:23 pm #

I can’t say I like this one, the blue is lovely on her and I like the print but I think it lost it’s breeziness as it is on the runway because of the modifications, which I understand were necessary, kinda wish she just skipped this one.

• JHH February 27, 2019 at 3:49 pm #

+1. Literally, the only things I like about this on the Duchess are the color and the sleeves.

12. Nat123 February 27, 2019 at 12:44 pm #

This dress is hideous. The printing is terrible plus the sleeves make it worse. Just no.

• Susie February 27, 2019 at 2:36 pm #

13. Renne February 27, 2019 at 12:03 pm #

She really has a horrible style, doesn’t she?

• Camilla February 27, 2019 at 12:52 pm #

😀 😀 😀

We waste a lot of time hoping for greatness, that is sure.

14. TeaAtTwo February 27, 2019 at 11:48 am #

The clutch doesn’t work but this like the perfect setting for this piece.

15. justme February 27, 2019 at 11:20 am #

The gown looked so flowy in motion. I really liked it.

I’m already thinking of her fashion choices post-pregnancy. She can rewear this dress if she belts it.

16. Lea February 27, 2019 at 11:12 am #

I really love this outfit!!
    It looked closer to Look 26 from the same collection to me though? (It has the drop waist and the ruffle sleeves, only difference is color and neckline?)

• SilentVisitor February 27, 2019 at 2:43 pm #

This outfit looks so comfortable; when pregnant under that weather, the choice makes sense

At this stage of a pregnancy, if it is too hot, you just want to take your clothes off (NYC in the summer is horrible), so I understand her choices and the modifications she made to the dress