Menu

Halle Berry In Elie Saab – BET ‘Boomerang’ LA Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Halle Berry In Elie Saab - BET 'Boomerang' LA Premiere

It’s safe to say that the majority aren’t fans of Halle Berry’s style as she was voted one of your least favourites on the red carpet in 2018, and her Golden Globes gown was met with overwhelming disappointment.

The actress was back on the red carpet for BET’s ‘Boomerang’ LA premiere on Monday (February 11) in North Hollywood, California, wearing one of her favourite designers; Elie Saab.

We always love it when a stars make look their own, but I can’t say I’m a fan of Halle’s decision to take the scarf and make it a neck-tie. It seems a total odds with the gorgeous beaded and embroidered Spring 2019 dress.

And here lies the problem with Halle’s style. She has all the ingredients, yet I seldom want to digest what she is serving.

For me, Halle should be on par style wise with Cate Blanchett and Julianne Moore. I don’t understand why her style appears decades behind them.

Jewels from Alexis Bittar and Atelier Swarovski Core Collection along with simple black pumps completed her look

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Rebel Wilson In Paolo Sebastian - ‘Isn’t it Romantic’ LA Premiere

Rebel Wilson In Paolo Sebastian – ‘Isn’t it Romantic’ LA Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Deepika Padukone In Jean-Louis Sabaji Couture - 2019 Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards

Deepika Padukone In Jean-Louis Sabaji Couture – 2019 Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards

13 Responses to Halle Berry In Elie Saab – BET ‘Boomerang’ LA Premiere

1. justme February 13, 2019 at 3:54 pm #

Her signature pixie cut would have worked wonders with this dress.

Halle’s stylist has half the done job with that face and body. They really need to do better.

2. Vizual Ninja February 13, 2019 at 3:48 pm #

I agree with Amelia. It really is a bummer because she’s gorgeous and a legend who deserves so much better. Otherwise the dress isn’t terrible, the decision to put the scarf around her neck instead of how it is on the runway is baffling, the shoes are boring and the hairstyle is aging -sigh-.

3. JR February 13, 2019 at 2:57 pm #

Dated. Dated. Dated. Shame.

• Caroline February 13, 2019 at 6:45 pm #

4. NZ February 13, 2019 at 2:27 pm #

Neck-up she looks like an air hostess. I don’t mind the dress, she looks good in it but I wish the styling was better.

• Ann February 14, 2019 at 11:19 am #

Exactly!

• manja February 15, 2019 at 8:41 am #

5. Amelia February 13, 2019 at 2:20 pm #

I think that, unlike Cate Blanchett or Julianne Moore, and in spite of having multiple award recognitions, Halle has always been mostly celebrated for her body, and she unfortunately seems to take her red carpet dressing as a way to keep living up to that. Which is a shame, because she has the perfect bearing to go for high fashion and produce iconic RC moments, like she has in the past. I also don’t mean to say that you can’t celebrate your body and be fashionable and elegant at the same time, but she and her team clearly are not going for that route.

It makes me sad that her style is so stale. I don’t mind this dress, but I wish she had used the scarf as it was meant for on the runway version. It’s a very generic, non memorable look.

• meme February 13, 2019 at 2:40 pm #

As far as acting goes, Hallie is not in the same league as Cate and Julianne who have stellar careers. I can’t remember the last good movie Hallie was in or the last good performance she gave.

That said, this is awful on her. It’s a great dress on the model and completely ruined by the poor styling on Hallie.

6. Camilla February 13, 2019 at 1:55 pm #

Look, the mum-hair and neck scarf are just highly amusing.

I don’t think I’d have looked the dress anyway because it somewhat fixes how you should position both your arms and your legs (arms by sides, legs together), which if your accord this just makes a person look stiff. I mean, look at her knees. Such awkward posing!

• Camilla February 13, 2019 at 2:50 pm #

I’d have *disliked the dress anyway

7. TeaAtTwo February 13, 2019 at 1:49 pm #

The hair is poor too and the pumps rather bland. I’d like the scarf on its own or styled as on the runway.

8. BB February 13, 2019 at 1:36 pm #

THIS is why you don’t take your best friend and make them your stylist.
    THIS is why you also need to be firm and tell the stylist that you have worn some REALLY iconic gowns and it’s been more than a decade since that happened.
    Lindsay Flores does great for Leslie Mann. Why is she failing with Halle?

Or should we blame Halle for not coming to the party since the 2013 BET Honors in Monique Lhuillier and the 2013 Oscars in Atelier Versace.

Anyway. I don’t mind this dress- it’s just that the styling is really bad.