Menu

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Chloë Sevigny In Miu Miu - 'Russian Doll' New York Premiere

Chloë Sevigny In Miu Miu – ‘Russian Doll’ New York Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture Front Row

Front Row @ Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture

39 Responses to Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture Red Carpet Wish List

1. Gezilecek Yerler March 20, 2019 at 1:57 pm #

there are some very interesting ones among them 🙂

2. tessa January 26, 2019 at 4:45 pm #

beautiful collection best of the season. fabric color and style all new and fresh bravo valentino.

• Leandra January 26, 2019 at 5:27 pm #

I watched the video at least 8 times now. I am absolutely mesmerized by the extravagance ( oh,that beige trench coat entirely covered in sequins ? for daytime no less…), the opulence, the uniqueness of the volumes and the contrasting colours. Bravo, indeed.

3. TeaAtTwo January 25, 2019 at 9:39 am #

Kiki Payne in the Jourdan Dunn pick

4. Camilla January 25, 2019 at 8:22 am #

I’m looking forward to seeing the Jourdan pick, stockings and all. It’s a ton of fun 🙂

5. cs January 25, 2019 at 7:09 am #

I know who I want to see in one of these phenomenally painting-like gowns – Amanda Seyfried, whose clothes tend to look rather bland compared to her beauty. Would love to see her just go all out and look like a fairytale come to life in the red carpet. Remember her Met Gala outfit last year? That’s what I want from her.

6. iffat January 25, 2019 at 1:51 am #

A big YES to Anne!!! just wear this at OSCAR!

7. phee January 24, 2019 at 11:48 pm #

Yucky collection. Horrible looking fabrics and patterns and designs.. Alot of it was so shapeless.
    What a mess.

• Eni January 25, 2019 at 9:34 am #

8. Helena January 24, 2019 at 10:02 pm #

Seeing everybody adoring this collection makes me think that I don’t really understand fashion. What a bunch of ugly outfits. The craftsmanship looks great but it doesn’t matter to me if it is used to design these so all-over-the-place gowns. I would only save Anne Hathaway’s pick from the bunch.

9. TeaAtTwo January 24, 2019 at 10:00 pm #

I’m going to need to see the sequined green gown modelled by Kaia Gerber on the red carpet. Nicole K in that gown would be next level.

• Jane January 25, 2019 at 2:13 am #

10. Kimma January 24, 2019 at 9:20 pm #

I’m surprised no picks for Nicole Kidman here. I would have thought she’d be salivating over these designs. I’d put her in the Claire Foy or Keira Knightley myself – although Keira is also perfect for this collection.

11. CreoleLady January 24, 2019 at 7:52 pm #

Ruffles, furbelows and prints, oh my. Ugh. Add volume and a kaliedoscope of colors and I begin to feel eye strain. These dresses need some editing imo.

It will def take the pros of the RC to make these work and even so, it’ll be touch and go.

• CreoleLady January 25, 2019 at 7:51 am #

I came back to see if these looks had grown on me only to realize that some of them are sheer through the bodice as well. Overwrought and overexposed. I wish this gratuitous use of sheer would die, die, die.

12. meme January 24, 2019 at 7:43 pm #

The best was no nepotism models. How refreshing.

• Catherine Kallon January 24, 2019 at 8:04 pm #

Amen

• meme January 24, 2019 at 8:16 pm #

you can say that again!!!!!! maybe naomi said she wouldn’t close the show if any of them were there LOL

13. Claire January 24, 2019 at 7:24 pm #

This collection is just WOW!! I watched the streaming yesterday and I was feeling as emotional as Naomi at the end! Probably the best collection in haute couture I’ve seen since I’ve been following fashion! (And it’s been a while) Everything was pure perfection from beginning to end and I’m not just talking about the magnificent creations designed by Pierpaolo Piccioli and executed by an incredibly talented team but also the mesmerising looks created by the unique Pat McGrath, the great choice of models (and we have to applaud the diversity here) the sublime use of Roberta Flack for the soundtrack. Anyway sorry but I could talk for hours about this collection! The fantastic reviews are totally justified in my opinion! Catherine’s choices are very interesting but it will be hard for celebrities to attain the perfection seen on the runway!! Again, my apologies for this long post!

• Leandra January 24, 2019 at 8:44 pm #

I miss more comments like yours. I agree word by word. Absolute sublime collection. There was a time in this blog where the comments sometimes where even more interesting than the post itself. I miss that.

• The original AB January 25, 2019 at 10:25 am #

If the comments in this blog nowadays are so uninteresting to you then why do you continue to follow this blog?

• Leandra January 25, 2019 at 6:31 pm #

Because Catherine puts her hearth in this job and I buy a lot here. Reading comments like ” I like it because is beautiful ” is a bit dishearthening considering all the efforts to make the blog interesting.

• The original AB January 25, 2019 at 7:17 pm #

Liking fashion because you think it is beautiful is a valid reason imo. In the future just read FC posts and shop and skip the comments so you can stop being disheartened.

• Leandra January 25, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

Oh, thank you for your consideration on my feelings. How very lovely.

• The original AB January 25, 2019 at 9:46 pm #

You’re welcome. I agree with you I am lovely. Much lovelier than someone who comes on here bemoaning the fact that other commentators contributions are no longer interesting. The haughtiness is next level…..smh..

• Leandra January 25, 2019 at 10:19 pm #

@Original Ab : George Bernard Shaw famously said :”The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” I think we are done.

• The original AB January 25, 2019 at 10:40 pm #

Lol! Thank you for making your last comment Leandra because it has proven my point about you. I rest my case.

• Leandra January 25, 2019 at 11:24 pm #

There is another one who comes to my mind that succintly describe this situation: ” The dogs bark but the caravan follows its way”.

• meme January 24, 2019 at 8:54 pm #

Naomi didn’t look emotional to me and I certainly didn’t need to see her nipples.

• Caitlin January 24, 2019 at 10:30 pm #

meme, I generally love your comments but the nipples comment seems unnecessary. We really need to move away from unfairly sexualising women’s breasts/nipples.

It was a lovely show and Claire/Leandra are bang on.

• meme January 25, 2019 at 12:12 am #

OK, wasn’t about that but I won’t make any more comments like that.

14. Sarah January 24, 2019 at 7:21 pm #

Love these picks!! I think Zendaya would look amazing in the Marion Cotillard choice! And if Zoey Deutch was going down a girly route she would also look fantastic in the Dakota Fanning wish

15. TeaAtTwo January 24, 2019 at 7:13 pm #

I’m really enjoying the bold gowns and the picks but I really can’t see Halle in her pick, I mean it would be interesting but I could see more some such as Zoey Deutch in it. The Araya and Allison are so Cannes/Venice or Met Gala. I’d love someone get of the safe box and wear the Anne Hathaway to the Oscars.

16. gezi January 24, 2019 at 6:50 pm #

You look really great. Thanks.

17. Caroline January 24, 2019 at 6:43 pm #

Love the Kiki and Anne Hathaway choices. I have to say I would DIE to see Cate Blanchett on your Allison Williams pick and Angelina Jolie on Araya’s.

18. Valeria L. January 24, 2019 at 6:33 pm #

Imagine Tracee Ellis Ross in the blue or the red dress ?

19. Meme January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm #

I wouldn’t wear any of these. It’s all much too much.

20. Estranged January 24, 2019 at 6:21 pm #

I found this collection very all over the place. Some looks resemble Erdem, others Giambattista Valli but it doesn’t feel like a Valentino collection.

• meme January 24, 2019 at 7:28 pm #