Menu

January 24, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Tilda Swinton In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – Les Galaxies de Cartier

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Tilda Swinton In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture - Les Galaxies de Cartier

Cartier celebrated the launch of its new creative jewellery collection: Les Galaxies de Cartier on Wednesday (January 23) during Paris Fashion Week.

This new Cartier limited-edition jewellery collection, comprised of 14 pieces, addresses the idea of creatively exploring the cosmos with 4 distinct sources of inspiration: Stars in orbit, Fractal meteor, Alignment of the planets & Earth from the sky.

Tilda Swinton was in attendance, and she had me in orbit at the sight of her in this Iris van Herpen Spring 2019 pleated gown.

It may not have been the one I had for her on my wish list, but let’s face it, she could’ve worn any of the pieces from this collection and we would’ve all been happy.

A piece of art such as this needed a person able to bring it to life, and I couldn’t think of a more perfect person than Tilda Swinton.

Hopefully this union will continue, even though I’m not sure my heart can take it.

Credit: Vogue.com & ©François GOIZE

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Frieda Pinto In Kate Spade New York - Love Sonia' London Premiere

Frieda Pinto In Kate Spade New York – Love Sonia’ London Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Givenchy Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Givenchy Spring 2019 Haute Couture Red Carpet Wish List

19 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – Les Galaxies de Cartier

1. Jas January 25, 2019 at 1:44 am #

You were pretty close with your pick for Tilda, Catherine! Same colour palette at least.
    She looks incredible. It might not be the most amazing, intricate dress, but Tilda has all the presence and beauty to make it amazing. Even with simple hair and no makeup!

2. Markness January 25, 2019 at 12:25 am #

FC, I know Sarah Paulson’s Prada gown was on top of your BDOTY but I think it just became #2 after this look. AND THAT PHOTO IS EVERYTHING! Tilda, keep on serving for 2019 !

• Catherine Kallon January 25, 2019 at 11:27 am #

it’s a tie at the moment.

Both my faves and both serving excellence.

3. TeaAtTwo January 24, 2019 at 3:51 pm #

I see more for her in this collection than the Chanel Couture collection. There are some options I would have said suited her in Schiaparelli collection.

4. TeaAtTwo January 24, 2019 at 3:48 pm #

Definitely going down on the list for my BDOTY.

5. kat January 24, 2019 at 3:47 pm #

Well, the internet was more or less vibrating with ‘Swinton’ cries after the IVH show had been launched. And she came through.

• Catherine Kallon January 24, 2019 at 6:16 pm #

She certainly did 😀

6. phee January 24, 2019 at 3:25 pm #

If everyone flipped their flowy dresses around like that, we would be in love with everyones dresses, naturally.
    I would need a full forward standing position to say anything fair about this look.
    Although the side pic has me hating the middle fabric piece already. Its an ug color and its bunchy.
    Im willing to change my stance once I see a pic…but to say this is a best dressed of anything is strange.

• Caroline January 24, 2019 at 4:39 pm #

My point. The print is ugly and the design is mediocre, you could find a J.Mendel dress like this from previous collections. Tilda is the one working the magic.

• CreoleLady January 24, 2019 at 5:45 pm #

Agree. The picture with the twirl is fabulous. Not sure what she is wearing on her feet. I think I will reserve judgement until I see other pics.

7. Vizual Ninja January 24, 2019 at 3:17 pm #

She looks like a beautiful Imperial moth. She and IVH are a match made in heaven, BDOTW for sure.

8. Caroline January 24, 2019 at 3:09 pm #

I know this will be BDOTY for all of you here; I adore Tilda and she’s having such a moment there that I can’t help but fall in love with the magic of it all but I know myself I owe it 100% to her because there is nothing about that shapeless dress that I actually do like.

9. meme January 24, 2019 at 2:29 pm #

Ethereal. Stunning. Gorgeous.

10. Hannah January 24, 2019 at 2:19 pm #

Otherwordly! BDOTY contender for sure.

11. Alexandra January 24, 2019 at 2:19 pm #

I am spellbound by this look! She breathes so much life into everything that she wears. This collection was made for her.

12. cs January 24, 2019 at 2:18 pm #

This is just… otherworldly. The fabric almost looks like it is just naturally flowing and blooming out of her body.

13. miszzel January 24, 2019 at 2:14 pm #

Wow that’s absolutely amazing! I want to see that gown from every angle possible.

14. High Priestess January 24, 2019 at 1:41 pm #

This is my favorite dress of the collection and Tilda looks fantastic. BDOTY for me!

• Catherine Kallon January 24, 2019 at 1:42 pm #