Menu

14.11.18

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alessandra Rich & Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Givenchy - Prince of Wales Family Portrait (2)

The royal family released a new set of portraits in honour of Prince Charles’ 70th birthday on November 14.

The Prince of Wales was all smiles posing with his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William, Prince Harry, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, which was captured by royal photographer Chris Jackson in the Clarence House gardens.

I was very excited to see Catherine wearing Alessandra Rich’s Spring 2018 vintage-inspired polka dot dress, which was previous worn by Abigal Spencer to Meghan’s Royal wedding, and Sarah Jessica Parker who shortened the dress.

This feels like such a fresh new look for Kate, yet the vintage charms and elegance sit firmly in her wheelhouse.

This is one look that I would love to see repeated, especially as I’m dying to know what shoes she wore this frock.

When it comes to Meghan, she kept things simple in a sheath dress by Givenchy.

The ironic thing about this is that I would’ve expected Meghan in the Alessandra Rich and Kate in the classic sheath.

Alessandra Rich Spring 2018

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty/Chris Jackson

'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' London Premiere Menswear Roundup

‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ London Premiere Menswear Roundup

Nicole Kidman In Dolce & Gabbana - AFI FEST 2018 Gala Screening of 'Destroyer'

Nicole Kidman In Dolce & Gabbana – AFI FEST 2018 Gala Screening of ‘Destroyer’

23 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alessandra Rich & Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Givenchy – Prince of Wales Family Portrait

1. Giada November 15, 2018 at 11:53 am #

What always let’s Camilla’s outfits down are poorly fitted bras and her posture.

• bisbee November 15, 2018 at 1:02 pm #

Yes! She would look years younger with a properly fitted bra!

2. Amy November 15, 2018 at 9:22 am #

Cute pictures. Everyone looks happy.
    Meghan looks business chic. I like it.
    Kate looks nice

3. Jas November 15, 2018 at 3:03 am #

Such lovely photos. Everyone looks great imo.
    Love that dress on Kate and it totally fits in with her style. Meghan looks great too – true to her style and the fit is good too (thank goodness!)
    Camilla also looks fab!

4. Caitlin November 14, 2018 at 10:26 pm #

I hated the dress on Abigail, it didn’t feel genuine on her, whereas I think it really suits Catherine. Fashion aside, check out the amazing smile on that baby!

5. Lee Ann November 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm #

I can guess the shoes . Beige suede court .

6. brat November 14, 2018 at 8:11 pm #

I love the run this dress is having, starting with Meghan’s wedding and it’s definitely in Kate’s wheelhouse. I can’t really see but I have no doubt it’s perfectly tailored.
    Meghan’s boxy sheath dresses are boring.

Catherine, if you never give us details on Camilla’s outfits, you will not hear a word of complaint from me. I could care less.

7. JHH November 14, 2018 at 3:07 pm #

I’d love some information on what Camilla is wearing. Why is she left out of the fashion summary? Seems odd to me. The two younger duchesses look good and the pictures are lovely.

8. Anna November 14, 2018 at 2:31 pm #

Kates pupms are beige, you can see the front of the shoes on the pics.

9. LillyM November 14, 2018 at 1:39 pm #

I’ve seen people surprised by the fact Kate is wearing something more exciting than Meghan. And I really don’t get it, as Meghan tends to repeat the same formulas and colors all the time, as well as Kate is acused of. I don’t see why one of them is always defined as “matronly” while the other is “fashion forward”. I love both dutchesses, but Meghan’s clothes are unfortunately usually ill fitted (not the case here), while Kate’s are usually perfectly fitted to her body and she already wore so many printed clothes, in so many colors. I feel that no matter what they wear, people will always complain that it’s not exciting enough OR it’s not appropriate.

• Jess November 14, 2018 at 6:45 pm #

+1. +1000 if I could.

I feel like people are giving Meghan more props than she deserves simply because she was a TV actress and therefore, whatever she wears is considered “fashion forward”. I cannot think of a single thing she has worn thus far that warrants that phrase. Lots of things have looked good on her yes, but also lots of things have been ill-fitting, creased, or inappropriate for the occasion. That’s not to say Catherine has been particularly exciting because she isn’t really but at least she doesn’t demerit being called boring or matronly anymore than Meghan does.

10. Caroline November 14, 2018 at 1:34 pm #

I’m so happy Camilla’s finally getting love!!! The children look adorable and they all look happy. Love both Kate’s and Meghan’s outfits.

• justme November 14, 2018 at 2:14 pm #

I wish that Camilla was getting love from the public. Kensington Palace IG page is known for the hateful comments towards Meghan. But the comments under these pics regarding Camilla were particularly vile :/

• Caroline November 14, 2018 at 2:53 pm #

So sad that our society ALWAYS tends to blame the woman. Blame the institution and their stupid rules for not letting Charles stay with the woman he loved, don’t blame the woman. It’s 2018 and many people still point the finger at Camila.

• The original AB November 14, 2018 at 3:51 pm #

Charles and Camilla are equally to blame because it take two to tango. If Charles put his foot down he could have married the woman he truly loved as Prince Edward married Wallis Simpson. Charles was spineless and bowed to pressure. When they both CHOSE to marry others their relationship should have ended, but they underestimated Diana because of her youth and thought that she would just put up with their relationship. It must not have been easy for their respective former spouses being married to people whose hearts belonged to other people

• justme November 14, 2018 at 4:12 pm #

Diana married Charles knowing that 1) he dated her older sister 2) his relationship with Camilla wasn’t really over. Should she also be blamed? I feel for her because she was the youngest but all the people involved in this situation (including their respective parents) really should have done better.

Still, it’s been decades and people wishing death on Camilla under those pics are not normal.

• The original AB November 14, 2018 at 5:46 pm #

Diana was only 19 when she married Charles. She naively thought their relationship wouldn’t continue during her marriage, that Charles had made his choice. If she knew from the beginning that Camilla was going to continue seeing her husband then why was she so upset by their relationship? Charles and Camilla underestimated her, how popular she would become (which Charles had a problem with), and how formidable she would be.

Wishing death on Camilla is wrong but I can understand why some people have a hard time feeling love when it comes to her. And why some don’t want to accept her as the future queen.

• Lee Ann November 14, 2018 at 9:04 pm #

Naive much ? I think you will find that King Edward the V111 abdicated which nearly destroyed the monarchy Anyway this is a fashion website .

• The original AB November 14, 2018 at 10:03 pm #

I know that he abdicated to marry the woman he loved. His sibling took over and the monarchy remained intact. My point is that Charles could have married the woman he loved if he was determined too. I’m well aware what website this is, but a comment was made and I responded to it just as you did to mine.

11. The original AB November 14, 2018 at 1:06 pm #

The children are adorable. The adults all looks genuinely relaxed and elegant.

12. meme November 14, 2018 at 12:03 pm #

I love kate’s dress. The pics are so sweet.

13. TeaAtTwo November 14, 2018 at 11:54 am #

I wish Kate had kept the belt but I really like the dress and for her. I agree with justme that colour coordination of clan for the photo was a nice touch though I wonder if a touch of red should have somehow been incorporated.

14. justme November 14, 2018 at 11:34 am #

I thought that Abigail looked fabulous while Kate looks matronly imo. It’s a tricky dress, styling is key.

I’d wear Meghan’s dress to work.

The pictures are adorable though. I like that they coordinated with the white and blue theme.