Menu

October 25, 2018

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Theia – King and Queen of Tonga Dinner

Embed from Getty Images

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex changed into her third white dress of the royal tour for an official dinner with the King and Queen of Tonga on Thursday (October 25).

The floor-length gown is by designer THEIA, whose mission is to create dresses which make the woman who wear their designs feel confident and ready to shine, something the Duchess most definitely did on this occasion.

Theia Creative Director Don O’Neill shared his thoughts. “The Duchess of Sussex has long been a source of inspiration. Her classic, effortless and chic style coupled with all the excitement leading up to her wedding earlier this year inspired my Spring 2019 bridal collection which I showed in April.”

“When her stylist reached out to inquire if I could make a dress for her Australian press tour, I stopped everything we were doing (my bridal show was just a week away) and immediately went to work on Her Royal Highness’s gown. We completed the gown in 2 days, shipped it out and received confirmation that The Duchess LOVED it, but with one caveat. We needed to remake it with extra seam allowance. We knew immediately why this extra allowance was required, but Mum’s the word, and with less than one week to my bridal show, all hands were on deck once more, we re-made the gown and I literally had to run down Broadway that Friday night to catch the UPS truck making it with just 2 minutes to spare!”

“I am humbled and sooo excited to dress The Duchess of Sussex. It has been an exciting whirlwind collaboration. Her Royal Highness is a truly beautiful inspiring woman, a bright shining light in this world and we at THEIA are truly honored to be part of The Royal Tour of Australia, Fiji, the Kingdom of Tonga and New Zealand.” Shares Don O’Neill

Credit: Courtesy of Theia & Getty

Julia Roberts & Elizabeth Stewart In Givenchy - 2018 InStyle Awards

Julia Roberts & Elizabeth Stewart In Givenchy – 2018 InStyle Awards

Tracee Ellis Ross In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture - 2018 InStyle Awards

Tracee Ellis Ross In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture – 2018 InStyle Awards

20 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Theia – King and Queen of Tonga Dinner

1. Maya S. October 30, 2018 at 8:01 pm #

I want to take moment and appreciate how sweet Don O’Neill is.

2. Karen October 25, 2018 at 11:20 pm #

Is anyone reading the dates here? She was pregnant in April, before the wedding . We will see a baby’s sooner than Spring.

3. jbetweenthetrees October 25, 2018 at 8:25 pm #

I do like to see all those Megan outfits, but I surely missed something this week. The visit of my King and Queen to Queen Elisabeth. Your queen only hosts one state visit this year. And this year the visitors are the royal neighbours. I do think that Queen Maxima’s outfits, while visiting Queen Elisabeth, should have posted on this platform.

4. Claudia October 25, 2018 at 6:40 pm #

She was absolutely spot on Her group did their homework, couldn’t ask for more but then I am biased
    Good luck to the young couple

5. ElyseBelle October 25, 2018 at 5:03 pm #

I adore the color on her, but shoes seem too heavy for a dress that’s supposed to be ethereal or Goddess inspired. The aquamarine ring is stunning.

In other press photos you can see the outline or the bust or bra as well as her nipples. It’s a bit embarassing I’m sure as this has occurred more than once in her outings where she’s dressed nicely, but there goes the visible breasts again….

• Mel October 25, 2018 at 7:05 pm #

Apparently the King of Tonga doesnt allow open to shoes to be worn in his presence so I don’t think Meghsn had many options

• TeaAtTwo October 25, 2018 at 8:16 pm #

Silver accessories would have been better with this.

6. justme October 25, 2018 at 4:23 pm #

Red during the afternoon, white for the evening. She does her homework for each country she visits and looks fab doing so.

I love the designer’s excitement, it’s funny.

7. Iva October 25, 2018 at 3:21 pm #

This is a winner of this tour (thus far) IMO.

8. brat October 25, 2018 at 3:20 pm #

I like this white dress on her but her styling is basic and leaves much to be desired. Kate is the same way.

9. Caroline October 25, 2018 at 3:18 pm #

Why not wear a little bit of color?

10. TeaAtTwo October 25, 2018 at 2:57 pm #

I like it, prefer this to her weddding reception gown.

11. Vizual Ninja October 25, 2018 at 2:46 pm #

Lol I love Don’s write up and how he keeps referring to her as “Her Royal Highness” and nice they didn’t go blabbing about her possibly being pregnant to the press. It is a lovely dress, love the shoulders and the applique details. I agree about the colour of the accessories, looks heavy but otherwise a great look.

12. Fanny October 25, 2018 at 2:18 pm #

Beautiful dress.

• Fiona-Brasil October 25, 2018 at 2:27 pm #

+ 1

13. Jerusa Herrera October 25, 2018 at 2:08 pm #

Im so amazed by her so far during this tour, this keeps getting better. Go MM 🙂

14. Hannah October 25, 2018 at 1:12 pm #

I really like the dress. But the shoes are killing it for me.

15. AnnaP October 25, 2018 at 1:08 pm #

Don O’Neill perfectly expresses why the Duchess of Sussex is so popular all around the world – she is indeed the most beautiful, inspirational woman who also tries to include in her dressing charitable works and sustainability and meaning. We are lucky to have her.

She looks captivating in this dress which fits her to perfection.

I don’t know how she manages to looks so incredible with all this touring and being with child too. We are not worthy!

• yumey October 25, 2018 at 2:23 pm #

I agree, she looks stunning!

• meme October 25, 2018 at 2:58 pm #