Menu

19.10.18

Princess Eugenie In Zac Posen – Wedding Reception

Princess Eugenie opted for a gown from an American house for her wedding reception after choosing Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos to work on her ceremony gown.

I have to say that her second dress, a custom Zac Posen gown in what appears to be a soft shade of blush, rather than bridal white, didn’t work for me.

From the comments I know a lot of you loved it, but for me it didn’t like anything from the waist up.

Put this on Cate Blanchett, Celine Dion, Julia Roberts or Kate Bosworth and I would’ve loved it, but the bodice didn’t work for me on Princess Eugenie.

Credit: Alex Bramall

Rose Byrne In Les Coyotes De Paris - 'The Lifespan Of A Fact' Opening Night

Rose Byrne In Les Coyotes De Paris – ‘The Lifespan Of A Fact’ Opening Night

Cailee Spaeny In Miu Miu Collection & Valentino - 'Bad Times at the El Royale' Rome Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Cailee Spaeny In Miu Miu Collection & Valentino – ‘Bad Times at the El Royale’ Rome Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

17 Responses to Princess Eugenie In Zac Posen – Wedding Reception

1. pratyush October 23, 2018 at 8:05 pm #

it is too tight on her and that is the start of the problem.
    this dress needs stature, length.
    she looks like a toothpaste tube squeezed from tge middle.

waist, height, shoulder proportions do not work with this dress.
    sadly this is not a review of her Colgate smile.

2. Rulala October 20, 2018 at 6:34 am #

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who didn’t like it from the waist up. How the dress managed to make her shoulders and arms look so stocky is beyond me

• Jerusa Herrera October 20, 2018 at 9:46 am #

Exactly! :/ waist up is a no for me too.

3. brat October 20, 2018 at 3:27 am #

It’s rare i disagree with Catherine but this is it. She looks stunning and is serving up old Hollywood glamour. My best dressed British Royal of the year. I don’t find her upper torso too broad and if anything stands out it’s how tiny her waist looks in this gown. I’ve never looked twice at Eugenie, she blew me away.

4. Catriona October 20, 2018 at 12:24 am #

I suspect the photography has made her bust look more prominent. I’d be interested in seeing other photos of it from other angles as otherwise I love it.

5. TeaAtTwo October 19, 2018 at 10:32 pm #

I prefer the wedding gown but I think she looks good in this too, I think pretty much anyone would look broad shouldered in that fold detail.

6. justme October 19, 2018 at 8:26 pm #

This gown made me realize what I didn’t like about her wedding dress and couldn’t figure out. Neither were flattering to her upper body. They both make her shoulders look really broad.

It’s definitely a matter of a nice dress on the wrong wearer.

7. Susie October 19, 2018 at 5:26 pm #

Count me in the love column. I thought she looked phenomenal in this gown. The construction is amazing and I love the nipped-in waist.

• adrian October 19, 2018 at 6:40 pm #

• Eni October 19, 2018 at 6:51 pm #

• Maya S. October 20, 2018 at 3:18 am #

8. tessa October 19, 2018 at 5:25 pm #

i didnt like the bust area . it looks like a space outfit.

9. Sarah October 19, 2018 at 3:48 pm #

I don’t like the bust area, it looks a bit strange. But the colour is divine for Eugenie. I wish we could have seen the back, it has the York rose embroidered on it.

10. JHH October 19, 2018 at 3:46 pm #

I completely agree with you. Waist down this dress is great but waist up, it is unflattering to her torso and makes her shoulders and arms look exceptionally broad. Thanks for posting it here though given all the requests for it. It will be interesting to see how the responses play out here.

• Vizual Ninja October 19, 2018 at 4:41 pm #

+1 it looks like some kind of armour, I didn’t get the hype either tho I loved her wedding dress

• CreoleLady October 19, 2018 at 10:12 pm #

+2.

11. miszzel October 19, 2018 at 3:41 pm #

I’m actually quite surprised by the opinion on that look, but so glad it finally appeared here! For me though she looks absolutely stunning and I’d love to see the back of that dress.