Menu

11.10.18 Premiere

Viola Davis In Akris – ‘Widows’ London Film Festival Premiere

Viola Davis In Akris - 'Widows' London Film Festival Premiere

The BFI London Film Festival had its opening night on Wednesday (October 10), with Viola Davis’ latest film, ‘Widows’ premiering at the event.

This might be controversial, but I’m not crazy about Viola in this Akris red dress.

I adore the colour on her, but the dress itself feels pretty basic, and doesn’t live up to her stature.

I also don’t like random asymmetric line going across her chest.

A matching Tyler Ellis ‘Aimee’ clutch and black pumps completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Kiki Layne In Valentino - 'If Beale Street Could Talk' New York Film Festival Premiere

Kiki Layne In Valentino – ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Nieves Alvarez In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture - 'TELVA Tributo. Una Cronica De Moda. Coleccion Naty Abascal' Photocall

Nieves Alvarez In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture – ‘TELVA Tributo. Una Cronica De Moda. Coleccion Naty Abascal’ Photocall

10 Responses to Viola Davis In Akris – ‘Widows’ London Film Festival Premiere

1. CreoleLady October 11, 2018 at 11:23 pm #

It doesn’t fit along with the other flaws noted. Too bad because the red is dynamite.

2. Phee October 11, 2018 at 9:23 pm #

Thats pretty cheap looking fabric and not well designed either.
    Its bad.

3. meme October 11, 2018 at 2:39 pm #

hell no. The great Viola deserves much much much better than this. The color is great but the dress is terrible.

4. TeaAtTwo October 11, 2018 at 10:31 am #

It looks like something ordered out of a catalogue and don’t think this hairstyle is the best.

5. Lashae October 11, 2018 at 9:36 am #

The color is the only thing I like about this dress since the dress is miss for Viola.

I also hate that line across her chest, it makes it look like she carrying a cross body bag (which I thought when I first saw these pictures).

• Catherine Kallon October 11, 2018 at 10:04 am #

“I also hate that line across her chest, it makes it look like she carrying a cross body bag ”

That was my first thought too, until I saw the clutch

6. The original AB October 11, 2018 at 9:23 am #

A rare miss for Viola. This dress doesn’t suit/flatter her.

• Vizual Ninja October 11, 2018 at 3:38 pm #

+1 don’t think this would flatter anyone, what an odd design decision to add that line across the dress.

7. James October 11, 2018 at 9:02 am #

First time that I hate a Viola Davis look! Horrible and why didn’t she give up her gorgeous curls? It’s a tragic look all around 🙁

• Catherine Kallon October 11, 2018 at 9:22 am #

Phew. I thought I was the only one. This really is so so bad in my eyes