Menu

September 1, 2018 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Clemence Poesy In Fendi – ‘A Star Is Born’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Clemence Poesy In Fendi - 'A Star Is Born' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Virtual Reality jury member Clemence Poesy made her third appearance on the red carpet during Venice Film Festival for the premiere of ‘A Star Is Born’ on Friday (August 31) in Italy.

I’m all for individuality and dressing for yourself, but I have been surprisingly underwhelmed by Clemence during this festival.

We all know she can do so much better.

This Fendi Resort 2019 velvet dress is gorgeous. I love the medieval vibe its giving off, but doesn’t fit the occasion for me.

And it’s not just the dress. I mean, would you walk on a red carpet alongside Cate Blanchett with that hair?

Nah.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé - 'A Star Is Born' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé – ‘A Star Is Born’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Christa Théret In Chanel - Doubles Vies (Non Fiction) Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Christa Théret In Chanel – Doubles Vies (Non Fiction) Venice Film Festival Photocall & Screening

30 Responses to Clemence Poesy In Fendi – ‘A Star Is Born’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

I actually like the dress and shoes combo, but i really hate the hair and make up, she doesn’t look polished enough

2. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

She tried but no

3. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

people talk so much about the French style and so often I just have the impression they don’t brush their hair or wash their faces. Clemence is beautiful and a really charismatic actress, but it literally looks like she left an intense hour at the gym and immediately went to red carpet

4. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

So underdressed. All three looks from Clemence Poesy are boring – same hair, blend makeup, and dark dresses. There’s definitely a line between ‘effortless chic’, and ‘put on whatever I have and go’. Don’t feel like she had tried hard enough to look good, or to dress for the event.

5. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

I love it! She looks confident and confortable in all the photos, you can see she is being true to herself, not made up by someone else or by a tendency. Is refreshing to see with so many predictable looks (that in my particular taste, merge all in one). And i have to disagree about all the “I’m all for individuality and dressing for yourself”, I feel that a lot of the women that appear in this site and are called boring pass this vibe (as Natalie Portan, Meghan Markle, etc) you can see that they are beautiful, confortable and happy in their clothes. Not everyone likes to wear big gown, bright colors and extravagant designs. I sometimes think that icons like Audrey or Jane Birkin or Katherine Hepburn would be definetely called boring these days…

6. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

Is dreary her theme for this year’s festival? And those shoes are awful with this.

7. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

Very unflattering. The shoes are just wrong and her pose is so weird it’s like she’s imagining she’s wearing heals.

8. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

+1 What a snooze, it looks like she and her team put in zero effort.

9. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

+1 What a snooze, it looks like she and her team put in zero effort.

10. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

As a street style look, yes. As a red carpet look, no.

11. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

I guess she was thinking Cate Blanchett is here why bother?

12. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

I like the dress but the shoes and hair are terrible. Definitely not a red carpet dress

13. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

14. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

I usually like her effortless vibes, but usually it’s modern, effortless parisian chic, this isn’t that at all, this just feels lackluster.

15. Guest April 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

No, six ways from Sunday. Next.

16. Ana September 2, 2018 at 3:38 am #

17. TinaL September 2, 2018 at 12:45 am #

18. barbara September 1, 2018 at 8:02 pm #

19. Christine September 1, 2018 at 5:05 pm #

She tried but no

20. Isabela September 1, 2018 at 3:42 pm #

21. CreoleLady September 1, 2018 at 2:57 pm #

No, six ways from Sunday. Next.

22. Chris September 1, 2018 at 2:35 pm #

• JHH September 1, 2018 at 4:34 pm #

23. Meme September 1, 2018 at 2:06 pm #

24. Jerusa Herrera September 1, 2018 at 1:46 pm #

I guess she was thinking Cate Blanchett is here why bother?

• Catherine Kallon September 1, 2018 at 2:40 pm #

Can be the only explanation

• Vizual Ninja September 1, 2018 at 4:30 pm #

+1 What a snooze, it looks like she and her team put in zero effort.

• Caroline September 1, 2018 at 5:21 pm #

As a street style look, yes. As a red carpet look, no.

25. NZ September 1, 2018 at 1:35 pm #