Menu

11.07.18

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Emilia Wickstead – Glencairn House Summer Party

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex’s third and final look of the day was revealed at the summer garden party hosted at the British Ambassador’s residence in Dublin, Ireland on Tuesday evening (July 10).

Following Emilia Wickstead criticism of Meghan’s Givenchy Haute Couture wedding gown, many believed that was the end of her royal connection; but that doesn’t appear to be the case as the Duchess wore a little black dress by the New Zealand-born fashion designer to show that she bares no hard feelings.

My feelings are that she once again looks chic and polished; but I kinda wanted a little bit more for a summer garden party.

Perhaps her disastrous foray in florals has made her a bit cautious about stepping out of her newly acquired comfort-zone, but I hope that on day two of her visit we get a bit more variety, even if it’s something cheesy like a red and white dress to support the national football team who play Croatia in the World Cup semi-finals on Wednesday.

Aquazurra Deneuve pumps and Birks earrings are fast becoming her go-to accessories, along with her Givenchy clutch.

Credit: Getty & PA

Cartier’s ‘Coloratura’ High Jewellery Collection Launch

Cartier’s ‘Coloratura’ High Jewellery Collection Launch

Cheryl Cole In Cushnie et Ochs  SYCO Summer Party

Cheryl Cole In Cushnie et Ochs SYCO Summer Party

32 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Emilia Wickstead – Glencairn House Summer Party

1. Caroline July 12, 2018 at 3:24 pm #

She’s becoming boring and repetitive.

2. barbara July 12, 2018 at 3:41 am #

I love chic and polished looks, so her latest looks, especially this one, are very fine by me

3. Nafisa Elmi July 11, 2018 at 3:30 pm #

The fit is gorgeous, and she looks very chic in this outfit. The belt gives her a snatched look that I also can get behind. But can we talk about the shine and the volume of this blowout? I meannnnnnnnn, this person needs to keep styling her hair!

I realllyyyyyyy wish Megan wouldn’t wear Emilia though, her remarks were tacky and arrogant. Don’t play nice Megan 🙂

4. gabis July 11, 2018 at 1:36 pm #

This for me is her best pos-wedding look. Beautiful fit and flawless styling. She looks amazing here.

5. CN July 11, 2018 at 12:37 pm #

It’s not the most exciting look, but the whole thing works, it’s quite flattering. And her makeup and hair look great!

6. Alina July 11, 2018 at 9:42 am #

I really like this! It’s classy, yet modern and extremely feminine. I don’t mind the black as I think it’s an elegant option and it does not feel heavy here – she’s glowing. Her hair looks amazing too.

• The original AB July 11, 2018 at 12:39 pm #

• Nat123 July 11, 2018 at 10:22 pm #

I agree. I prefer this dress over her Dior. It is so flattering and fresh even though is black. Best look of this trip.

7. Lee Ann July 11, 2018 at 9:32 am #

I’m neither a fan nor a detractor . I think neck up she looks lovely . It’s very big of her to wear EW but I don’t think it does her any favors around the middle . And this is definitely a black dress !!!

8. VG July 11, 2018 at 9:11 am #

She’s already speaking with a cringe worthy and obviously fake English accent…so why not wear a cheesy red and white dress in support of England? 😉
    Her style has been better lately, I’m just glad she’s no longer wearing loose fitting dresses.
    Also, her hair is gorgeous here!

• SilentVisitor July 11, 2018 at 10:18 am #

What does this comment have to do with Fashion? Good thing is most people on this website don’t decent to tabloid level in their comment(s).

Never knew about EW’s comments; it is big of MM to wear her designs again

To be honest, neck up is my favorite…. the woman is stunning!!

• SilentVisitor July 11, 2018 at 11:31 am #

descend*

• Lee Ann July 11, 2018 at 1:01 pm #

Ew’s comments caused quite a stir ( Times Telegraph and Guardian carried it ) . Emilia criticized the fit of her wedding dress and her hair on the day ( snootily ) then went on to say that Givenchy copied her Wedding design . So I think it is very gracious of Megan to wear her . Not tabloid comment at all. I don’t however think the dress is flattering but I’m not a fan of EW’s tailoring .

• AnnaP July 11, 2018 at 11:12 am #

I’ve heard her speaking and she speaks like she always has.

The UK media have it in for her – try to not fall for this rubbish.

As for the attire, her looks were for me:

Dior Haute Couture 9/10 – so chic and event appropriate from head to toe
      Givenchy 10/10 – so smart and the colour looked gorgeous on her; accessories to die for
      Emilia Wickstead 10/10 – I don’t usually like EW but this fits so beautifully. Black is the right colour for an evening party. Her beauty look is sensational!

Can’t wait to see today’s looks!

Duchess Meghan is already a style icon!

• Let Ann July 11, 2018 at 1:03 pm #

Agreed I don’t think her voice has changed one bit and I’m American and live in the Uk so I’m attuned to faux British accents ahem Madonna.

• Catherine Kallon July 11, 2018 at 2:05 pm #

I was quite surprised by the the faux American accent too. I watched her on Suits before she became well-know and she sounds exactly the same to me.

I wouldn’t hold it against her either. I often find myself slipping into accents of those around me if in their company for prolong periods 😀

9. Miss H July 11, 2018 at 7:57 am #

The dress isn’t my favourite but she does look very elegant. I also love how happy she looks and I’ve got serious hair envy going on – wish my hair looked that shiny! 🙂

10. Pheephee July 11, 2018 at 6:53 am #

Ugh. there should be an option for ‘none’. I find them all dull or ordinary or perfectly appropriate… I do not get this fetish for her.

11. Iva July 11, 2018 at 6:32 am #

I think she looks great here.
    I can accept the black for an evening event.

12. Rashmi July 11, 2018 at 4:11 am #

All I can see is that gorgeous hair of hers! And hoping to see some bright colors in her looks tomorrow.

• J July 13, 2018 at 3:33 pm #

That blowout is goals. I liked the suit, but it looked just like the McQueen one she wore a few months ago. Why not rewear that? The gray dress is my least favorite since it was ill fitting.

13. Mimi July 11, 2018 at 3:25 am #

This is definitely her best look all day! The tailoring is the best on this out of anything she wore today. Her hair is also gorgeous! I saw a photo of her from her side profile drinking something next to Harry, and she’s looked STUNNING.

14. Lashae July 11, 2018 at 3:00 am #

This is probably the best I’ve seen Meghan, I love everything about this look.

• Fiona-Brasil July 11, 2018 at 11:34 am #

+ 1

15. CreoleLady July 11, 2018 at 2:45 am #

Apparently Wickstead “explained” herself. Well, I’m not particularly impressed with Wickstead’s designs at the moment. One earlier black look was a bit big and bulky. This one is just another fit and flare lbd. Hair and beauty look are fab, though.

16. Crystalline July 11, 2018 at 2:10 am #

Why wearing black for summer garden party?

17. Caitlin July 11, 2018 at 2:05 am #

Black again? She’s really sticking to the black and dark green tones, isn’t she?

Look this lovely and all, and she looks exquisite, plus this is arguably the perfect silhouette for her figure; BUT I should think the words “summer party” on the invitation call for something more inspired than this. The same shape dress, if she must, but in a different colour.

Don’t @ me Meghan’s fans, I think she looks beautiful, but this was a supremely odd choice for the occasion.

• brat July 11, 2018 at 2:16 am #

lol Meghan fans are annoying and nothing if not consistent. It is a bit somber for a garden party but I suppose one can never go wrong in a little black dress.

• JHH July 11, 2018 at 4:50 am #

Well said, Caitlin. ITA.

• Caitlin July 12, 2018 at 12:09 am #

Thanks JHH 🙂

Brat you’re totally right, I think I was just hoping for something a little less “safe”. But she’s getting there at least <3

18. TeaAtTwo July 11, 2018 at 1:48 am #

This in a bright colour or pastel would have been much preferred but she looks elegant as usual.

19. brat July 11, 2018 at 1:46 am #

I’m not floored but this is nice. I have no criticism for it.