Menu

20.03.18

Beyonce Knowles In Falguni Shane Peacock – 2nd Annual Wearable Art Gala

The 2nd annual Wearable Art Gala took place on Saturday (March 17) in Los Angeles, California, but Beyonce Knowles has only just released the images of her custom piece by luxury Indian design house Falguni Shane Peacock.

As the singer was honoured with the humanitarian award at the event, she was expected to make an impact. And that she did just that in this sheer, gold embellishment gown which furled into a dramatic train.

While some might be retrieving their eye balls from the back of their head at the predictability of the sheerness and body-con construction, this was a jaw-dropper for me. I particluary liked how the metallic cutouts on the sheer gold dress are strategically placed to mimic the shape of an armour.

I adore the ‘Nubian Warrior Queen’ vibe. It was bang on theme, especially with those Jean Paul Gaultier couture earrings, plus she looked breath-taking.

Blue Ivy also got into the golden girl action with her tiny gold dress with poofy skirt with a matching gold wig.

JAY-Z kinda let the side down in this dark suit.

Credit: Beyonce.com

Get 10% off @ NET-A-PORTER

Get 10% off @ NET-A-PORTER

Charlize Theron In Proenza Schouler & Givenchy - Global Teacher Prize 2018 & Global Education and Skills Forum

Charlize Theron In Proenza Schouler & Givenchy – Global Teacher Prize 2018 & Global Education and Skills Forum

46 Responses to Beyonce Knowles In Falguni Shane Peacock – 2nd Annual Wearable Art Gala

1. Jeremy March 22, 2018 at 3:00 pm #

Well I don’t care what any of y’all say – I think this is magnificent. Imagine seeing it in person!? Jaw-dropping. The train is out of this world!

And this is the “Wearable Art Gala”, people!

Also – shout out to charlotte for mentioning that Dior Couture show. It immediately took me to Erin O’Connor in that glorious outfit. God she’s divine!

2. charlotte March 22, 2018 at 10:12 am #

The sheen and texture of the train immediately brought me back to Dior Couture 2004 S/S collection, in which John Galliano paid homage to the Egyptian culture.
    Bey also veered Cleopetra-esque in this look,maybe she is trying to tell the world she is the QUEEN.
    Predictable is an understatement.

3. Pheephee March 22, 2018 at 2:02 am #

I do love the dress for the event. Its pretty dramatic to say the least. The train is astonishing.
    I hate the styling though. The earrings and hairpiece took it to ridiculous and costumey…..
    sadly.

4. SilentVisitor March 21, 2018 at 4:03 pm #

I think the dress fits the theme of the event; so taking that into consideration, she looks good
    JayZ suit is boring; their daughter looks super cute in her outfit

5. Alina March 21, 2018 at 6:04 am #

Oh, dear… This dress looks so cheap and tacky. It’s a no.

6. Isabelle March 21, 2018 at 4:07 am #

Ack I can’t believe all the hate! While I have strongly disliked some of her sheer gowns before, I think this is one of her all time bests. The styling is perfection!! I do agree that some of her looks are wayyyyy too much sometimes, but this feels so carefully constructed and styled and thoughtfully coordinated. She looks like a character from a fantasy, it’s beautiful. Who else could make this dress look regal and high art?? No one, just Bey.

7. moonbeam March 21, 2018 at 3:38 am #

It’s a visually interesting look, but overwrought. It would look better without the sleeves and earrings and with her hair pulled back.

8. lmkw March 20, 2018 at 11:13 pm #

Everything she wears looks like a costume. It’s boring.

9. Silvia March 20, 2018 at 9:44 pm #

They all look horrendous.

10. Guest March 20, 2018 at 9:39 pm #

It better be relevant for the event in any way, otherwise this is queen of excessive tackiness all over again: the gold, the sheerness, the plastic-fantastic design. It all screams to me ‘despite being rich and famous I still have some biiiiiiig inferiority complex issues that I really can’t deal with’.

11. JHH March 20, 2018 at 7:43 pm #

Blue Ivy looks adorable. Beyonce’s golden makeup look is fantastic. She looks beautiful in that last picture. The silhouette of the dress is great on her body but I am not a fan of sheer so I can’t love this though I do understand that this dress would just look extremely heavy if it did not have some sheer components. I get it, she wanted to go over the top for this event and she did that. Other than contributing to the warrior queen theme, the earrings are horrible.

12. pinksugar March 20, 2018 at 7:36 pm #

I love this. I do think you have to understand the event to truly appreciate it though. It’s deliciously over the top and I adore how much Blue Ivy already clearly loves fashion and dressing up. They had fun with it and you can’t fault that.

• Leandra March 20, 2018 at 11:20 pm #

me too. I think most of people are ignoring the reason of the event.

13. mm March 20, 2018 at 4:33 pm #

They look good. I love beyonce accessories here.

14. MG March 20, 2018 at 3:38 pm #

WDOTY please!

• Elena March 20, 2018 at 9:33 pm #

15. Dana March 20, 2018 at 3:22 pm #

I love it! Sure it is over the top, but it is definitely event appropriate and interesting.

16. Caroline March 20, 2018 at 3:12 pm #

Dated, tacky and over the top.

• Caroline March 20, 2018 at 3:17 pm #

And it gets worse the longer I look at the bottom pictures.

17. TeaAtTwo March 20, 2018 at 3:06 pm #

This is dramatic and eye catching but it feels a bit odd with tight, sheer dress with heavy and yards of materials in the train.

18. Dorothy March 20, 2018 at 2:04 pm #

I think it’s stunning and am impressed by the gown’s construction.

19. vicky March 20, 2018 at 1:03 pm #

Thinks she is and cts like a queen….of tackiness.
    Two big 👎🏻👎🏻 as usual when it comes to her “fashion”

• vicky March 20, 2018 at 1:04 pm #

*acts like

• meme March 20, 2018 at 1:46 pm #

I agree. Tacky tacky tacky. It’s not art and it’s not wearable.

20. Ramdim March 20, 2018 at 1:01 pm #

Lol the hate towards Beyoncé from this site readers is beyond too much.

Had this been worn by Cate Blanchett or Lupita Nyong’O, ya’ll would feel head over heels.
    Just cannot understand why you all cannot accept that Beyoncé can wear anything she wants to wear despite her curvy body.

She looks gorgeous, period.

• valeria March 20, 2018 at 1:39 pm #

• Caroline March 20, 2018 at 3:11 pm #

Cate Blanchett would never wear this.

• Chocolate Cake March 20, 2018 at 3:53 pm #

Neither would Lupita do not insult our intelligence like that. Solange would never wear this either!

• Chocolate Cake March 20, 2018 at 3:57 pm #

Sorry I was responding to Ramdim and adding to Caroline’s comment.

• Caroline March 20, 2018 at 4:00 pm #

Rita Ora would perhaps.

• meme March 20, 2018 at 4:07 pm #

Oh I think Solange absolutely would.

• james March 20, 2018 at 6:38 pm #

Exactly! I have never seen neither Cate nor Lupita look tacky even when I didn’t like their outfits. They always remain regal and elegant no matter what. No one is hating Beyonce but the woman has no fashion sense AT ALL! There is nothing wrong with that. We can’t have it all really 😀

• brat March 20, 2018 at 5:04 pm #

it’s not hate, it’s opinion, I find her red carpet style extremely overrated and often dated. Cate the Great would never wear anything like this, what an absurd comparison.

“She tries way too hard it disappointing to see such a beautiful woman who still cant find her style identity.”

Yes to all of this! For someone blessed with looks, status and wealth her style is terrible. Her street style is much better than her red carpet looks, which rarely impresses.

On a side note, I like the neck up Cleopatra look.

• vicky March 20, 2018 at 6:17 pm #

No one with any sense of fashion or style would wear this. And don’t make it sound like we’re dissing her body, that’s not part of it!
      Well, only in the sense that she always wear clothes that’s not complementing her gorgeous curves.

And, everything that Brat commented is spot on.

• moonbeam March 21, 2018 at 3:33 am #

Lupita and Cate don’t wear body hugging mermaid gowns. Bey’s style is completely different from theirs.

21. EmmaWoodhouse March 20, 2018 at 1:00 pm #

I mean, it is pretty tacky/OTT but I’m enjoying it, especially the train.
    Blue looks awesome.
    Jay looks forgettable.

22. james March 20, 2018 at 12:47 pm #

Sorry. Tacky as hell! Her daughter looks cute though.

• Iva March 20, 2018 at 12:55 pm #

+100

23. Maria F. March 20, 2018 at 12:47 pm #

she looks like a walking Ferrero Rocher.

Is it wearable art to add a 800 m long train to a regular evening gown…..?

• Eni March 20, 2018 at 1:09 pm #

+1 LOL

• Lashae March 21, 2018 at 2:09 am #

lol

24. Thando March 20, 2018 at 12:44 pm #

This just hurts my eyes , all that glitters is not always gold clearly evident with this look. She tries way too hard it disappointing to see such a beautiful woman who still cant find her style identity.

25. Mimi March 20, 2018 at 12:35 pm #

What am I looking at?! The train looks like a bunch of gold garbage bags.

26. Amy March 20, 2018 at 12:30 pm #

Obviously over the top. The event does state Wearable art so I get that but she overdid it like always. The dress is a LOT and the giant earrings are not helping, not to mention the headband and the gold lips.
    This look is exhausting for the eyes. She does get a kudos for the commitment.
    Blue is adorable in that dress

27. Charlotte March 20, 2018 at 12:29 pm #

It’s fun but the dress looks quite cheap.

28. Leandra March 20, 2018 at 12:24 pm #

It’s way over wacky, but I also find it amusing. In fact, I love it as somehow represents the importance of Afro Americans not only having access to arts other than music but also promoting them.
    Little girl looks adorable, husband needs a taylor, a good one, should go to Berlutti or Brioni.