Menu

May 21, 2017 Premiere

Sonam Kapoor took pretty in pink to an all-new level while at the screening of ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ during the 2017 Cannes Film Festival on Sunday (May 21).

Elie Saab continues to be the reigning king of red-carpet embellishment, and the designer’s handiwork was no better witnessed than in this custom Couture creation that embraced a sense of Bollywood glamour at its finest.

Elaborately ornate Kalyan jewels in a similar pink palette added to the extravagant mood of grandeur.

Credit: Getty

Araya A. Hargate In Alexis Mabille Couture - ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Araya A. Hargate In Alexis Mabille Couture – ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Coco Rocha In Georges Hobeika Couture - ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Coco Rocha In Georges Hobeika Couture – ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

41 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab Couture – ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Paula April 30, 2018 at 1:25 pm #

Honestly, her face elevates this boring Elie Saab. What a stunner!

2. from-chitown May 22, 2017 at 4:53 pm #

She looks good but this is something we have seen so many times before. Also the bodice is way tooo tight on her, like cutting off her circulation tight. Also, dislike the hair. This is a not quite for me!

3. Viral May 22, 2017 at 12:54 pm #

Boring. the outfit is very indian wedding-like and that too not the bride but the bridesmaids mostly. also the sheer lack of drama almost makes her look tired. This looks nothing like an Eli Saab – more Manish Malhotra. the Michael Cinco that Aishwarya wore was more Eli Saab showstopper than anything else.

very underwhelmed after the fashion forward sense that Sonam dressed in the past two cannes!

4. Anji May 22, 2017 at 11:15 am #

She’s the most beautiful woman with the most stunning features and carries off any attire with much elan and I loved this look but more than the attire the jewellery is stunning

5. yumey May 22, 2017 at 7:29 am #

Sonam is breath-taking. Her beauty look is simple yet striking as ever.
    Her earrings look spectacular! The dress is PERFECTION.

6. Christine May 22, 2017 at 5:21 am #

Deja vu and I am bit underwhelmed by Sonam in this dress.

7. Meds May 22, 2017 at 4:42 am #

She looks beautiful and radiant and poised , But all this is done previously .
    Blush pink contemporary saree she wore 2-3 years back and the Cape kind of dresses last year .
    And this seem to be her favourite color for red carpet.
    So I see nothing new or out of the box being done , for which she is famous .
    She looks fresh , lovely and younger due to dewy make up and messy updo , kudos to ppl to did that.
    That being said this dress style is already been over exploited in Indian weddings in last 2-3 wedding seasons.and have seen girls looking amazing and even more beautiful and graceful than she is looking here.

pS- She has amazing face, typical Indian features but it looks very average and at times dull but when she dresses up it just shines so bright that everyone gets amazed by the beauty.
    However I see many girls with sonam like features ,face cut complexion etc in daily life. They all look gorgeous when they dress up like this.

• Anonymous May 22, 2017 at 3:31 pm #

I agree !
      Very dated.

8. Crystalline May 22, 2017 at 4:06 am #

At first my reaction was “very predictable and the color is too pale”. It took me some time for my love to grow on this look. That pretty face, rosy tone make up, and over the top earrings are the superior component which served the drama of this look. Sonam didn’t dissapoint me!!

9. charlotte May 22, 2017 at 2:03 am #

Are spilt sleeve trains a THING now?
    Sonam looked stunning like always,I love how her accesories complements her dress perfectly

10. Pheephee May 22, 2017 at 12:57 am #

Its a gorgeous classic look. Those earrings and hand jewels are freakin amazing!!!! They are so dramatic and beautiful and I just love them. They make the look.
    At first I was going to complain about the color, that it was too light…..but the longer I look at the pictures of her the more in love I become of the color. I am glad it wasnt garishly bright colored or anything. This is lovely.

11. Juan May 22, 2017 at 12:27 am #

I would love to see this dress in red, that would be amazing. It was stunning nonetheless on Sonam, she is becoming one of my fav.

12. Abba May 21, 2017 at 11:42 pm #

I was expecting so much more from her which made me underwhelmed by the whole look 🙁

13. Schoolbea May 21, 2017 at 11:37 pm #

This is stunning. The colour would not have been my first choice, but the styling takes this to another level. And I’m somewhat relieved that this is not a huge ball gown. Her timing with this different silhouette was perfect.

14. Ani May 21, 2017 at 10:37 pm #

Honestly her face and that jewelry is a bigger draw than the dress. She looks great, but this safe for her. Hope she has an edgier look in store

15. Priya May 21, 2017 at 10:36 pm #

Sonam Kapoor is a freaking queen! Love this look! Fashion queen y’all

16. Mimi May 21, 2017 at 10:16 pm #

Absolute QUEEN. One of the best so far

17. Nat39 May 21, 2017 at 10:11 pm #

This is gorgeous, the jewellery is spectacular (!), a bit bored with the pastels and the design though, it’s a bit stale. But it’s all beautiful, of course.

• SilentVisitor May 21, 2017 at 10:59 pm #

18. Tenacious May 21, 2017 at 9:24 pm #

Beautiful! I love the dress and jewels. She looks amazing.

19. AnnaP May 21, 2017 at 9:14 pm #

For me, everything about his is stunning. One of my favourites of Cannes so far!

20. TeaAtTwo May 21, 2017 at 9:08 pm #

She looks regal but I love the earrings more than the dress itself.

21. kane May 21, 2017 at 8:30 pm #

The close up is beautiful.

• Nadine Hughey May 23, 2017 at 2:06 am #

+1, she’s gorgeous.

22. Angela Melanie Rego May 21, 2017 at 8:04 pm #

She looks lovely. Not jaw dropping, which I find surprising for her, but good nonetheless. I actually think the earrings make the outfit interesting. And I love how she didn’t go ball gown.

23. anon May 21, 2017 at 8:02 pm #

Take a look at those hand jewels!! VA VA VOOM

• CreoleLady May 21, 2017 at 8:25 pm #

Love the hand jewels and the earrings. Arguably, though, her best accessory may be that infectious smile in the first picture. J’adore, h2t.

24. Lana May 21, 2017 at 8:00 pm #

Her look for the press event earlier was more adventurous.

25. Caroline May 21, 2017 at 7:56 pm #

Last year Sonam was my BDOTY in Ralph & Russo at this festival, I wasn’t expecting her to be able to top that but this is majestic. She looks like a princess.

26. Marie May 21, 2017 at 7:51 pm #

The colour looks amazing on her, the cut isn’t dated, something new for once, and doing everything for her! Also, her hair is so effortlessly amazing! She looks simply perfect from h2t.
    If I had to nit-pick – I think the earrings are a tiny bit much? Like, a teeny-tiny bit?
    I guess I still like Elle Fanning’s look more… Sorry…

27. Rima May 21, 2017 at 7:48 pm #

Very Bollywood. She played it too safe with the gown for Cannes.

28. Leandra May 21, 2017 at 7:46 pm #

I adore the slightly messy hair. It is perfect for her. The earings are to die for.
    The dress is nice though nothing new design wise. Thanks God it is not a puffy skirt. I want to like it more than I do. She does look really good but I am not knocked out.

29. Nadia99 May 21, 2017 at 7:27 pm #

She looks perfect from H to T. I’m usually not a big lover of this colour but on her it’s divine!

30. Chris May 21, 2017 at 7:20 pm #

I love that close-up. Those earrings are insane and her make-up looks great as well.
    The actual gown, however, isn’t that exciting to me.

31. Ramsay May 21, 2017 at 7:19 pm #

I don’t like this color on her
    The dress is relatively OK

32. Shanaya May 21, 2017 at 7:15 pm #

It’s a pretty dress but she’s had better looks. The jewellery and makeup aren’t my cup of tea.

33. Ale May 21, 2017 at 7:10 pm #

Beautiful, lovely color, but to be honest, this is nothing new.

34. Aman Kashyap May 21, 2017 at 7:10 pm #

My fashion goddess she is such a stunner true diva in all senses n her fashion versatility is ohhh myyy gawwwd
    #FashionHeaven !!!
    She makes me so much proud of her sense of fashion and the way she uses it for cause to promote new designers and her brands loveeee u my girl ❤❤❤

35. Archie May 21, 2017 at 7:08 pm #

Sonam is so graceful. She carries it off beautifully

36. Alina May 21, 2017 at 7:08 pm #

Beautiful, but I can’t help feeling a little underwhelmed.

37. dedel May 21, 2017 at 6:55 pm #