Menu

Olga Kurylenko attended the screening of ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ during the 2017 Cannes Film Festival on Sunday (May 21).

Given the magical artistry of the shimmering beadwork and floral embellishment on this Elie Saab Spring 2017 Couture cap-sleeve gown, my sheer fatigue was momentarily suspended.

Very momentarily.

Once I saw her nude underwear, and the legs of the people standing behind her through the see-through skirt, the enchantment of the look pretty much dissipated.

Breezy, loose waves and that timepiece on her wrist wouldn’t have been my go-to styling components either, but she clearly wanted to add an uncomplicated touch to the body-baring dress.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Coco Rocha In Georges Hobeika Couture - ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Coco Rocha In Georges Hobeika Couture – ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Andie Macdowell In Roberto Cavalli Couture - ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Andie Macdowell In Roberto Cavalli Couture – ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

20 Responses to Olga Kurylenko In Elie Saab Couture – ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Christine May 22, 2017 at 5:23 am #

Yeah, no this is a pass. Sheer needs to die

2. charlotte May 22, 2017 at 1:35 am #

No,Honey.
    this type of sheer embellished Elie Saab gowns has been done to death by the likes of Fan Bingbing and Sonam Kapoor,and we just couldn’t get excited to another one.
    Plus,her styling is way too casual for such a grand gown,should’ve been sleeker.

3. jessmara May 22, 2017 at 1:25 am #

Even worse then the nude undies on display are the pocket linings that you can see through the sheer dress.

4. Schoolbea May 21, 2017 at 11:56 pm #

As I’ve argued before some time, I wonder what’s the point of these amazing embellishments and embroidery if all the attention is going to go to someone’s underwear. I’d love to be able to focus on the incredible craftmanship in these dresses. It makes me kind of sad.

5. VG May 21, 2017 at 11:13 pm #

This is such a beautiful dress…whyyy wasn’t lined? The sheer skirt simply ruins the whole thing! Such a shame.

6. lmkw May 21, 2017 at 10:45 pm #

Lined this would have been a best dressed contender. Unlined it’s just another boring, tacky dress. Too bad.

7. meme May 21, 2017 at 8:26 pm #

Why do women wear these dresses? I don’t want to see anyone’s underwear and bra. Men would never wear sheer pants.

8. Tina May 21, 2017 at 8:18 pm #

The hair aged her, that’s the biggest problem. The dress is quite mediocre as Elie Saab couture.

9. Pheephee May 21, 2017 at 8:15 pm #

it looks like I can see her vagina. Sorry if that sounds crude but the nude undies look quite nude and its so sheer in that area it puts all the focus on it.
    Anyways, I expect WAY more from Olga than this. Shes usually not a sheer girl, from what I recall, and she mostly has much more fascinating choices in dress.

10. Caroline May 21, 2017 at 7:54 pm #

I don’t mine the sheer because she’s beautiful and sheer dresses, like it or not, are here to stay so we will have to get used to it. I don’t find it tacky, Kendall’s La Perla Met Gala dress was sheer tacky, this is beautiful. What I am over is the same type of Elie Saab gown year after year at Cannes. No matter how gorgeous, I need a change real quick.

11. Marie May 21, 2017 at 7:45 pm #

I’m not even that bothered by the sheer itself, but the embellishments seem to centre around her… crotch area… thus highlighting it… it’s such a waste, because the design is beautiful and I really loved this collection. But no look pulling the gaze so strongly between the wearer’s legs can ever be truly good.
    Also, the styling. Her hair says ‘lazy day on the beach’ and who thought the black watch would be a good idea with this dress?
    All in all this makes me sad.

12. Jerusa May 21, 2017 at 7:40 pm #

If I can see your panties is a no for me. It’s shame because I can only imagine the hard work behind the dress

13. Leandra May 21, 2017 at 7:40 pm #

The boobs : one looking to Africa and one looking to America.
    Pitty because the motif of the embroidery and the color scheme are really enchanting. An under skirt, even a sheer beige one would’ve added some mistery to the lady garden and saved the look for me.

14. Chris May 21, 2017 at 7:22 pm #

Eh, no. Way too sheer. Not a very classy look.

15. Ramsay May 21, 2017 at 7:21 pm #

Not sure why she decided not to line it

• SilentVisitor May 21, 2017 at 10:58 pm #

16. Nadia99 May 21, 2017 at 7:20 pm #

I find the details of the dress so exquisite that I’m going to give her a pass on the fact that I can see her nude panties…
    It’s a very beautiful dress.

17. Alina May 21, 2017 at 7:15 pm #

I can see her underwear way too clearly for me to like this.

18. Ale May 21, 2017 at 7:15 pm #

Clotilde wore a very similar dress a few days ago… And this sheer…
    Elie Saab is not having a pretty good run on this festival.

19. JessNess May 21, 2017 at 7:13 pm #

How can you send a beautiful woman on the red carpet with her vag on display?