Menu

Araya A. Hargate had a second chance to showcase her maternity style on the red carpet for the ‘Loveless (Nelyubov)’ Cannes Film Festival premiere this evening (May 18).

The interesting thing about this Olivier Theyskens Spring 2017 gown is that it cleverly conceals, rather than reveals her burgeoning baby bump.

Araya’s look was all about bringing drama to the carpet, from the oversized peplum, to the sultry sheer skirt, the opera gloves and Chopard High Jewellery Collection pieces.

THIS is a Cannes worthy look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Jeanne Balibar In Jacquemus - 'Loveless (Nelyubov)'  Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jeanne Balibar In Jacquemus – ‘Loveless (Nelyubov)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

‘Loveless (Nelyubov)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

‘Loveless (Nelyubov)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

60 Responses to Araya A. Hargate In Olivier Theyskens – ‘Loveless (Nelyubov)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

Still trying hard and ended up looking tacky like always. Truly miss the old days when Fan Bingbing brought the drama to Cannes, those effortless red carpet worthy drama. This Araya girl really needs to learn about it.

2. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

She looks FLAWLESS

3. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

this year’s Cannes red carpet is so crowded, not a single clean shot. Viisitor numbers has tripled due to the 70th anniversary.
    I always give araya priase for her commitment to high glamour and bold choices,and this is no exception.
    That being said,I wish she could try other color palettes besides black and white

4. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

At least there was some dramatic look today! Gorgeous. I just love love love that close up of the earrings and necklace. They are so very beautiful!
    I wish it was in another color and also the band around the knee is distracting and odd….but Im nitpicking.
    Frankly Im just so damn glad someone went for the Cannes drama that I love!

5. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

Girl really loves Sonam Kapoor, huh?

6. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

Unfortunately, I don’t like this. Too much going on.

7. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

I’m actually not crazy about the gown itself either, but it works for her pregnancy figure very well and she totally elevates it with her Cannes-worthy styling and commanding presence.

8. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

honestly the gown itself doesn’t blow me away but this is a great look. she’s selling everything.I appreciate the unusual silhouette of the dress. nice change of pace

9. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

I think Cannes is all about big and drama and this look has it all. Yes, on someone else would look terrible but she has something that makes it work so well and I love it. Araya is fantastic!

10. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

too much going on. she could leave the gloves and necklace out. the dress is already a showstopper no need to accessorize it more

11. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

Wow, I love her for this.

12. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

Araya is fantastic!

13. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

I love that someone looked at this complex Couture dress and those grand jewels, and went “let’s add some opera gloves to this”. This look is SO busy, yet it works. Only in Cannes.

14. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

15. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

I’ll politely disagree:) On the runway it’s blank, there’s no styling at all – it’s just the presentation of the gown, whereas Araya takes it to Cannes-worthy level and timeless femme fatale.

16. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

…I think the opera gloves totally take the look to the next level, and the obligatory Chopard jewels are spectacular and shown off well against simple black and with her hair pulled up.

17. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

Yes! J’adore! This is daring, dramatic, seductive, I love a touch if theatricality to add that little extra to make it more special and festival-worthy. And this is what she does while pregnant…she puts others to shame. Love!

18. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

I like the gown and the gloves. The jewelry is killing it for me though. The necklace, especially, is too much of a statement piece. It’s competing with the gown.

19. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

20. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

Araya is known for always putting too much on but manages to pull ALL of them off, somehow. This girl is a geni(u)sta!! ??

21. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

Ok, in theory, there are things there that I shouldn’t like… in theory. The opera gloves, the huge necklace with a busy dress, the necklace plus long earrings combination… But the more I look at it, the more enthralled I become. She is WEARING this, and how!

22. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

23. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

So tacky

24. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

The dress is beautiful but gloves took it to Dallas ( the Tv show) territory or Moschino catwalk I think. A bit tacky.

25. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

Girlfriend did not come to play, she came to slay.

26. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

The topknot looks a bit silly to me and for some reason, I don’t buy that huge necklace with this gown. I’m not a fan of the gloves either. The styling feels a bit dated to me.
    Besides that, this is really nice, though. The gown is interesting and she pulls it off.

27. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

She is a true fashion force, this could be soooo bad in the wrong person but she makes it work perfectly

28. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

Super out of place but, have you seen the recent looks from Kerry Washington? I think “Django promo tour Kerry” is back

29. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:31 am #

I don’t know… it was cool and fresh on the runway. But the styling here is so cliche and brings it down a predictable path

30. Betelgeuze May 21, 2017 at 8:45 pm #

31. Natcha May 20, 2017 at 2:01 pm #

Araya is fantastic!

32. Nadine Hughey May 19, 2017 at 9:39 pm #

Wow, I love her for this.

33. agnes May 19, 2017 at 2:58 pm #

34. H May 19, 2017 at 2:07 pm #

35. amy May 19, 2017 at 11:01 am #

• Nat39 May 19, 2017 at 1:28 pm #

36. Alina May 19, 2017 at 7:24 am #

Unfortunately, I don’t like this. Too much going on.

37. Ani May 19, 2017 at 3:27 am #

Girl really loves Sonam Kapoor, huh?

38. Pheephee May 19, 2017 at 3:25 am #

Frankly Im just so damn glad someone went for the Cannes drama that I love!

39. charlotte May 19, 2017 at 2:07 am #

40. glory May 19, 2017 at 1:50 am #

She looks FLAWLESS

41. MR May 18, 2017 at 10:41 pm #

42. CreoleLady May 18, 2017 at 10:36 pm #

Girlfriend did not come to play, she came to slay.

43. Leandra May 18, 2017 at 9:54 pm #

• Caroline May 19, 2017 at 3:16 am #

• Christine May 22, 2017 at 3:34 am #

So tacky

44. Schoolbea May 18, 2017 at 9:36 pm #

• AnnieOh May 18, 2017 at 9:52 pm #

This could have easily gone down the road of way too much going on – but Araya is slaying this look!

• BB May 25, 2017 at 8:26 pm #

• BB May 25, 2017 at 8:31 pm #

45. Angela Melanie Rego May 18, 2017 at 9:11 pm #

46. Nat39 May 18, 2017 at 8:58 pm #

• Nat39 May 18, 2017 at 9:09 pm #

47. Jess May 18, 2017 at 8:53 pm #

• Chris May 18, 2017 at 9:29 pm #

You put into words a bit more concretely what I was trying to say. Totally agree.

• anonymous as always May 18, 2017 at 10:14 pm #